Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

killercactus March 25th, 2011 11:32 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1371767)
I worry that this version of Indy is missing a certain amount of cowbell. If you're playing a game without snakes or glyphs, he's not worth playing. That's too bad for one of my favorite characters of all time.

He needs a Murphy-like Whip power if we want him in games outside of Treasure hunts, but that should be what he's best at....

mac122 March 25th, 2011 12:12 PM

May not be more "cow", but at least a jingle:
Treasure Hunter
Indiana Jones may add 2 to his Move number as long as he ends his movement on a Treasure Glyph. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with Indiana Jones, you may add 2 to your die roll.

Most glyphs are some sort of artifact, something that Indy would go after. This minor change would make Indy more useful as a glyph grabber in any game that uses them.

Is a James Murphy Whip ability the "cowbell" you are looking for, Balantai? To get it on Indy's card, one of the other abilities would have to go - the print gets way too small with all 4. If that's the direction, Treasure Hunter and Whip Swing are the two I would keep.

Balantai March 25th, 2011 12:31 PM

I really like that glyph change, Mac.

A few options:
  • Allow Whip Swing to carry one unengaged figure.
  • Allow an unblockable attack die against all figures Indy moves over while Whip Swinging.
  • Remove "...Snakes..." ability since there are other figures besides snakes that can have the Slither Special Power and replace with something else. (Personally, I prefered Vipers, anyway)

mac122 March 25th, 2011 05:27 PM

I like the idea of allowing Indy to carry another figure with Whip Swing. Here's what I have so far.

Whip Swing 3

Instead of a normal move, Indiana Jones may use his Whip Swing. Whip Swing has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Indiana Jones's Whip Swing, ignore elevations. Indiana Jones may swing over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Indiana Jones may move up to 6 levels up or down in a single Whip Swing. Before using Whip Swing, you may choose a friendly, small or medium figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. After you move Indiana Jones, place the chosen figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. Any figure moved with Whip Swing does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Balantai March 25th, 2011 05:50 PM

I like that alot, Mac. It'll make Indy much more useful.

Taeblewalker March 25th, 2011 06:04 PM

It takes up a lot of the card, but with the shortened snake power, it works really well.

mac122 March 25th, 2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1372115)
It takes up a lot of the card, but with the shortened snake power, it works really well.

I think WDIHTBS may have to go. I've got a draft of Indy in MSE with the revised Treasure Hunter, Whip 12, and revised Whip Swing 3. The print is pretty small.

I'd love to keep Snakes in there, but Treasure Hunter and the Whip abilities are much more important, IMO.

mac122 March 29th, 2011 12:41 PM

Question for you guys: would Whip Swing 3 as currently worded allow Indy to swing across a gap between 2 high points?
(Borrowed Lamaclowns example image from his Freerunning discussion.)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...clown/CC1x.jpg
I think it should, but not sure our wording covers that.

Lamaclown March 29th, 2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1374597)
Question for you guys: would Whip Swing 3 as currently worded allow Indy to swing across a gap between 2 high points?
(Borrowed Lamaclowns example image from his Freerunning discussion.)
<snip>
I think it should, but not sure our wording covers that.

I guess it is a question of whether or not the "6 levels up or down" would come into play. I guess it could be argued that in "swinging" across the chasm, even though you are landing on a same level space, you have to count the levels down and up between the two sides of the chasm. I don't think you need to though since Indy isn't changing elevations. He is moving neither up nor down, simply across.

So, I think the wording covers it to allow Indy to travel as in the example pic.

Taeblewalker March 29th, 2011 01:26 PM

I would say yes, since it's like the Shaolin Monks. As long as the final destination space is no more than 6 higher or lower, than yes. It's really a teleport power, in effect - at least in game mechanics.

mac122 March 30th, 2011 01:14 PM

Here's where Indy stands at the moment:
Quote:

Indiana Jones
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Valiant
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

TREASURE HUNTER
Indiana Jones may add 2 to his Move number as long as he ends his movement on a Glyph. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with Indiana Jones, you may add 2 to your die roll.

WHIP 12
After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, the chosen figure cannot roll any defense dice if attacked by Indiana Jones this turn.

WHIP SWING 3
Instead of a normal move, Indiana Jones may use his Whip Swing. Whip Swing has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Indiana Jones's Whip Swing, ignore elevations. Indiana Jones may swing over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Indiana Jones may move up to 6 levels up or down in a single Whip Swing. Before using Whip Swing, you may choose a friendly, small or medium figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. After you move Indiana Jones, place the chosen figure adjacent to Indiana Jones. Any figure moved with Whip Swing does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Any more comments? Happy with Aquilla? How about the points?

Taeblewalker March 30th, 2011 01:53 PM

It looks fine. Theres is no real need to have the snakes ability, any more than than Spider-man needs spider tracers.