Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   AotV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Pod 2 Main Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57227)

Captain Stupendous May 11th, 2020 05:00 PM

Units used in this pod:

Sorin of the Eternal Thirst
Nahiri, Fury in Stone
Kiora, the Rising Tide
Rhox Veterans

Designers:

@Zetsubo @Alexandros @Skinderella @NecroBlade @Astroking112

Pod Leaders:

@flameslayer93
Me @Captain Stupendous

Owlman May 11th, 2020 08:08 PM

Re: Pod 2 Main Thread

Finally!! Super stoked to bounce idea's around!! :D

So how ya wanna do this fellas? I took the liberty of designing several cards, should I just go ahead and post some in their respective threads?

Confred May 11th, 2020 10:22 PM

So these won't be conversions but whole new figures with only the sculpts remaining the same?

Owlman May 11th, 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2381949)
So these won't be conversions but whole new figures with only the sculpts remaining the same?

Actually, I'm fairly certain we can make the figures anything we want 'em to be, so long as there is a general consensus...? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I had a cool idea for Nahiri that lets her place 2 rock/sand tiles on the map, kinda like Mika Connour, which happens to coincide with her character bio in Magic.

Just a thought! :)

Astroking112 May 11th, 2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Yes, the goal of the project is to create another classic-style Master Set, not to convert the existing Magic the Gathering units into HeroScape designs.

Like Owlman said, you're technically able to make them into Magic the Gathering characters anyway if you want, but that'd need some good justification for why this Jace Beleren is Jace Beleren and this other Jace Beleren is a cyberpunk neuromancer, for example.

Of course, you can always take inspiration from the AotP mechanics if it fits the design vision, regardless of whether you're basing the theme off of Magic the Gathering or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owlman (Post 2381950)
I had a cool idea for Nahiri that lets her place 2 rock/sand tiles on the map, kinda like Mika Connour, which happens to coincide with her character bio in Magic.

Placing terrain has been discussed for a couple of units. It's a really neat idea, but we are trying to keep the entire set playable with just our rulebook, some printed cards, and the three Arena of the Planeswalker boxes.

Unfortunately, that means that pretty much anything that places classic HeroScape terrain is going to be a very tough sell, since none of it is included in the set.

Owlman May 11th, 2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2381953)
Quote:

Yes, the goal of the project is to create another classic-style Master Set, not to convert the existing Magic the Gathering units into HeroScape designs.

Like Owlman said, you're technically able to make them into Magic the Gathering characters anyway if you want, but that'd need some good justification for why this Jace Beleren is Jace Beleren and this other Jace Beleren is a cyberpunk neuromancer, for example.

Of course, you can always take inspiration from the AotP mechanics if it fits the design vision, regardless of whether you're basing the theme off of Magic the Gathering or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owlman (Post 2381950)

Placing terrain has been discussed for a couple of units. It's a really neat idea, but we are trying to keep the entire set playable with just our rulebook, some printed cards, and the three Arena of the Planeswalker boxes.

Unfortunately, that means that pretty much anything that places classic HeroScape terrain is going to be a very tough sell, since none of it is included in the set.

Gotcha, so what if we limited it to those beige sand tiles then, since they come with the box anyways? I mean, it looks like sand tiles anyways...?

Confred May 12th, 2020 12:30 AM

Nahiri sculpt has a cool red sword. We should run with that.

flameslayer93 May 12th, 2020 12:35 AM

Trust me, we need every ounce of plastic to make scenarios that at least seem fun. ;)

Astroking112 May 12th, 2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owlman (Post 2381954)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2381953)

Gotcha, so what if we limited it to those beige sand tiles then, since they come with the box anyways? I mean, it looks like sand tiles anyways...?

flameslayer hit the nail on the head there. Letting Nahiri place up to 2 tiles of sandstone (or whatever we call the AotP hexes) means that we'd have to hold back 2 tiles when building each scenario, so that she can be used in any of them.

That's not a non-starter (especially if it leads to a particularly fun design that doesn't work without it), but it is something that's very important to keep in mind when designing anything that places terrain.

flameslayer93 May 12th, 2020 08:00 AM

Kiora and Rhox Veterans have been posted. :)

NecroBlade May 12th, 2020 07:52 PM

:excited:

Pumpkin_King July 30th, 2020 05:10 PM

I added links to Kiora and the Sentinels.

Pumpkin_King December 2nd, 2020 04:49 AM

@Amarant @Confred @Zetsubo

No hard feelings but if we don’t hear from you guys in a little bit we’re going to figure out a procedure for replacement. If you want back in later on I’m sure we can manage but we want to get Pod 2 running.

Confred December 3rd, 2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 2432036)
@Amarant @Confred @Zetsubo

No hard feelings but if we don’t hear from you guys in a little bit we’re going to figure out a procedure for replacement. If you want back in later on I’m sure we can manage but we want to get Pod 2 running.

Please remove me.

Pumpkin_King December 8th, 2020 05:48 AM

Roger roger. Looks like we need to come up with a path forward.

Shiftrex December 8th, 2020 10:38 PM

Is there any official openings for pod members yet?

Zetsubo December 12th, 2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

@Zetsubo

Apologies for the absence. Haven't really had much time for heroscape this year. I'm kinda surprised I wasn't removed months ago, but now that I'm checking back in I would like to resume helping with the pod if the position is still open.

Pumpkin_King December 14th, 2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2434296)
Quote:

@Zetsubo

Apologies for the absence. Haven't really had much time for heroscape this year. I'm kinda surprised I wasn't removed months ago, but now that I'm checking back in I would like to resume helping with the pod if the position is still open.

Sure thing. Try and get caught up on Pod 2, and let us know your thoughts.

Pumpkin_King December 16th, 2020 06:49 PM

Edited to change out designers Shiftrex and Skinderella.

NecroBlade December 18th, 2020 11:46 PM

Glad to have you (back) Zetsubo, Shiftrex, and Skinderella!

Astroking112 April 22nd, 2021 01:01 AM

Hey guys, I'm just dropping in to check on the Pod in the wake of recent changes. PK and Shiftrex are both stepping down, so this Pod is down to @flameslayer93 , @Captain Stupendous , @Skinderella , @Zetsubo , and (I believe) @Alexandros .

I mostly want to gauge how you guys are feeling. Most of Pod 2 is already through Public Feedback, but there's obviously a considerable amount of work left. If you guys want more assistance, then when we were first planning AotV back on Discord, I remember that we talked about other Pod Leaders joining pods to help keep things moving forward if the need arises. No worries if you're comfortable with things as they are now, but I just wanted to make note that we can take a more active role if that's desired.

flameslayer93 April 30th, 2021 11:40 AM

Chiming in! As things go into safer covid conditions, my job's insane hours are also going back to doable (yay, no more 6 day work weeks!), so ill be happy to continue working from here. I'll appreciate the help from another available lead however. :)

Alexandros May 23rd, 2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2460594)
Hey guys, I'm just dropping in to check on the Pod in the wake of recent changes. PK and Shiftrex are both stepping down, so this Pod is down to @flameslayer93 , @Captain Stupendous , @Skinderella , @Zetsubo , and (I believe) @Alexandros .

I mostly want to gauge how you guys are feeling. Most of Pod 2 is already through Public Feedback, but there's obviously a considerable amount of work left. If you guys want more assistance, then when we were first planning AotV back on Discord, I remember that we talked about other Pod Leaders joining pods to help keep things moving forward if the need arises. No worries if you're comfortable with things as they are now, but I just wanted to make note that we can take a more active role if that's desired.

I think maybe I don't understand the question. I'm okay with continuing as is, but if there are others who want to be involved, it does seem like there are a few vacancies.

Astroking112 May 25th, 2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandros (Post 2465677)
I think maybe I don't understand the question. I'm okay with continuing as is, but if there are others who want to be involved, it does seem like there are a few vacancies.

Gah, this had fallen off of my radar for a bit. Thanks for bumping this!

I'm mostly concerned about the recent slowdown in AotV as a whole; I'm hoping to help kick things back into gear soon with a revitalized focus on finishing out Pods 0 and 1 for our first release. I'll also try to take a look across the project over the next few days to see where we're at.

There are a couple of units in Pod 2 that could still use some attention in the meantime. I'll go ahead and bump them and get a vote started so that things can keep progressing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 2462009)
Chiming in! As things go into safer covid conditions, my job's insane hours are also going back to doable (yay, no more 6 day work weeks!), so ill be happy to continue working from here. I'll appreciate the help from another available lead however. :)

I'm glad to hear that things are getting better! I totally understand real life taking priority, and we can definitely see about getting you another lead involved to help with maintaining the threads and votes.

Skinderella May 26th, 2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2460594)

Sorry for being absent around here, I'd somehow missed your messages Astro.

I've had a mixture of busy schedule and mild burnout, but will be back on it now. I think between a few of us being busy and others having left, some help would be appreciated, but that also depends what the others in the pod feel.

I think a focus on pods 0 and 1 are also a good way to go as you said in another message, especially with how close some of them are to being completed.

It's getting late here but I'll get back to the other threads tomorrow!

Captain Stupendous September 12th, 2021 07:32 PM

@Zetsubo @Alexandros @Skinderella @flameslayer93

Just wanted to gauge how you all would feel about bringing on the remaining Pod Leads from Pod 0 ( @Astroking112 and @NecroBlade ) as members of this pod? Really glad to see @Skinderella is still active, but we haven't heard from Zetsubo, Alexandros, or Flameslayer in some time.

If you all are active I think we can carry on with the current crew, but otherwise I think some extra help around here would be useful.

Captain Stupendous December 23rd, 2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous (Post 2480521)
@Zetsubo @Alexandros @Skinderella @flameslayer93

Just wanted to gauge how you all would feel about bringing on the remaining Pod Leads from Pod 0 ( @Astroking112 and @NecroBlade ) as members of this pod? Really glad to see @Skinderella is still active, but we haven't heard from Zetsubo, Alexandros, or Flameslayer in some time.

If you all are active I think we can carry on with the current crew, but otherwise I think some extra help around here would be useful.

Well, given the general quietness around here, I'm going to go ahead and make the executive decision to officially add @NecroBlade and @Astroking112 as voting members of Pod 2.