Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred September 28th, 2016 02:58 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Bonding is a different power.
Banding requires adjacency.

If you find it distracting, others may too, so I'm up for suggestions. However, it has grown on me.

Dysole September 28th, 2016 03:12 PM

Hmm

I can't recall anything else that uses banding as a power and I do worry about the confusion.

~Dysole, who's sure we could find a word with similar meaning

TREX September 28th, 2016 05:57 PM

Did that character go to band-ing camp?:) Only kidding, the character seems to represent the character fairly well from what I've seen of the show.

Confred September 30th, 2016 07:17 AM

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...g_original.png
Lol totally not worth 25$ from Heroesforge

As far as banding goes, there isn't another card yet that uses it. The name was originally a placeholder name after changing from bonding. In another game, when a power has a similar name, it has a similar effect. I used that idea.
Again, I am open to suggestions.

Confred October 1st, 2016 09:37 PM

first playtest was her against Arkmer and he tore her up. The 5 shield was scary, but it backfired for the eventual death.

She does p-diddly against special attackers.
but she still might be 60pts

her+ana karithon vs master of hunt
he mortal struck ana on first attempt.
but eleven inflicted 4 wounds! before going down. self inflicted death.
her movement pinning worked too.

not sure what happens vs whirlwind assault, can she double shield for the price of one? i think so.

Dysole October 3rd, 2016 02:09 PM

Curious

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2113166)

not sure what happens vs whirlwind assault, can she double shield for the price of one? i think so.

Can you elaborate precisely on what scenario you're looking at?

~Dysole, making sure she's covered all her bases

Confred October 3rd, 2016 06:21 PM

Re: Curious

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2113421)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2113166)

Can you elaborate precisely on what scenario you're looking at?

~Dysole, making sure she's covered all her bases

If El and an adjacent friendly figure are attacked by Raelin 2.0, then could El roll 5 dice for herself and for the friend?

Confred October 3rd, 2016 08:17 PM

DARK VISION
After revealing an order marker on El's Army Card and before taking any turns, if El is unengaged, you may look at 1 random order marker on any Army Card. If she is on a blue water space, look at all markers on the card and ignore Psychic Drain.

ADVENTURER BANDING
Before taking a turn with El, you may first take a turn with any adjacent Adventurer or Young Hero you control.

PSYCHOKINESIS
Each time El or any friendly figure adjacent to El is attacked with a normal attack, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may roll 5 defense dice. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If you roll at least 1 shield and the attacking figure is small, medium, or large, it cannot move normally for as long as it is adjacent to El.

PSYCHIC DRAIN

After each turn, if El used Dark Vision or Psychokinesis, roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled, place 1 wound marker on El's Army Card.

~~~
After several playtests, I'm confident her playfeel is accurate.

Due to a lack of figure, I'm ok with the cartoony one as a proxy.

Dysole October 3rd, 2016 09:02 PM

Definitely

Yeah, she could theoretically use it against any multi attacker multiple times as well. That feels like a bit of a theme break with only one roll for self damage.

~Dysole, observationally

Confred October 4th, 2016 01:39 PM

Re: Definitely

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2113556)
Yeah, she could theoretically use it against any multi attacker multiple times as well. That feels like a bit of a theme break with only one roll for self damage.

~Dysole, observationally

In the show she does many things and they don't notice her drain until after it's all said and done. Yet the drain itself seems more or less equal no matter the intensity of her efforts.
Now when it's prolonged, yes, like over the course of multiple turns, but using the power multiple times in the short period doesn't seem to change the recourse.

Dysole October 4th, 2016 01:45 PM

Sold

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2113740)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2113556)

~Dysole, observationally

In the show she does many things and they don't notice her drain until after it's all said and done. Yet the drain itself seems more or less equal no matter the intensity of her efforts.
Now when it's prolonged, yes, like over the course of multiple turns, but using the power multiple times in the short period doesn't seem to change the recourse.

You convinced me.

~Dysole, who feels bad for being kind of a stickler sometimes

Confred October 4th, 2016 08:36 PM

I'm glad you are a stickler because it makes me/us think more critically, which either better reinforces what we have already or inspires new and more accurate routes.