Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Welcome to C3G! – Directory (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28312)

whitestuff July 17th, 2012 05:30 PM

Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 1643425)
Since I'm skilled at neither GIMP nor Adobe, I can point you to what I have used: Magic Set Editor. The community has added Heroscape templates to MSE. It's pretty easy to use, so card creation is very simple. Though not of the level of quality that A3N and the team here at C3G do, it excels for a quick solution. There is a really helpful thread on MSE here.

I know of a good GIMP tutorial...

Hmmm... I know I left that link around here somewhere...

:)
|
|
|
v
(it's in my sig...)

5858vince July 17th, 2012 06:06 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. The Marvel Heroscape you have all designed is fantastic.

Porkins July 17th, 2012 06:47 PM

The DC Heroscape is OK too ;)

Tornado July 17th, 2012 07:02 PM

I am partial to the Indy releases. :)

Speaking of which :woot: Omni-Man First Indy Hero Public Playtest - I believe.

A3n July 18th, 2012 01:33 PM

To the applicants for the Art Department position, thank you for your pms, I am focusing on the server issue at the moment & will review your work once that has been sorted & I have some breathing space.

Cheers

Lord Pyre July 18th, 2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 1643736)
I am partial to the Indy releases. :)

Speaking of which :woot: Omni-Man First Indy Hero Public Playtest - I believe.

I'm a record setter, what can I say? :twisted:

Hidicul July 18th, 2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitestuff (Post 1643665)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 1643425)
Since I'm skilled at neither GIMP nor Adobe, I can point you to what I have used: Magic Set Editor. The community has added Heroscape templates to MSE. It's pretty easy to use, so card creation is very simple. Though not of the level of quality that A3N and the team here at C3G do, it excels for a quick solution. There is a really helpful thread on MSE here.

I know of a good GIMP tutorial...

Hmmm... I know I left that link around here somewhere...

:)
|
|
|
v
(it's in my sig...)

Its a great tutorial by the way. It helped me a lot when I was working on my amalgam cards. In fact I think I'm still subscribed to that thread so I can find it quick.

Griffin July 19th, 2012 12:18 PM

The server is running at full steam now. The issue was an oversight on my part. I recently got a new credit card and canceled the old one, and I just didn't update the account.

Also, to the few of you who have been able to contribute to the server, I thank you very much.

Porkins July 19th, 2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1644539)
The server is running at full steam now. The issue was an oversight on my part. I recently got a new credit card and canceled the old one, and I just didn't update the account.

Also, to the few of you who have been able to contribute to the server, I thank you very much.

Hey everybody,

Griffin is either too modest to ask, or has not asked in deference to truth and his site, so I will ask for him. Griff has literally spent hundreds of dollars of his own money to set up and maintain the C3G server, even after his pseudo-departure from the site. By so doing, he has actually saved truth and heroscapers.com from having to pay for the C3G related bandwidth of downloading cards and images. All of that stuff could technically have been posted in the Downloads section, but Griff chose to pay for OUR stuff himself rather than allowing/causing truth to foot the bill. This generosity should be shared by all of us C3G'ers. If you are not a Site Supporter of heroscapers.com, I urge you to become one (it's only 15 bucks, the cost of a few figures). And if you have not donated to the C3G server, I urge you to send Griffin a PM and get his Paypal address and contribute to a long lasting C3G.

Red Eyed Jedi July 19th, 2012 01:16 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself Porkins. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. My donation has been sent. Long live C3G!

Gurei-Ornery July 19th, 2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi (Post 1644568)
Couldn't have said it better myself Porkins. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. My donation has been sent. Long live C3G!

:word:

Payment (make sure you Gift) sent.

puzzlemonkey July 19th, 2012 01:37 PM

I sent money, too.

I've supported the site, but never even knew there was a whole additional server involved for this stuff. I spend a lot of time here; if you do, too, it should be well worth, say, the price of a movie ticket to keep C3G files available, in one place, and not taxing the main site more than necessary.

Going to see Batman this weekend? Bring your own snacks and send a ten-spot to Griff.

Sorry for sounding like a PBS fund drive host, but there's no reason a guy who's no longer actively involved with the group should shoulder all the costs.