Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Terrain & Obstacles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sir Heroscape's custom terrain (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52588)

Sir Heroscape January 11th, 2016 06:26 AM

Sir Heroscape's custom terrain

My Custom Terrain

I've been working on a lot of terrain for some time and here's what I've got!! let me know what you think, give feedback, and if there's interest I can give a full tutorial on the ticalla bushes and pine trees.

Custom pines

These make excellent substitutes for trees from the Forgotten Forest Expansion set. They are dirt cheap, $1.89 for 8 of them. for the smaller sized trees on the 1-hex tile it takes me 6 of the small pines. When I'm doing the taller ones, it takes 9 or 12. They can be found here.

Orc Bridge

Pieces came from an old LOTR model Urukai Ballista that I tore apart for pieces.

Fire pit

Wood pieces came from LOTR model Urukai Ballista...fire came from Crystal Wars

One-hex bridge

Made from a ladder from a lego type set called Crystal Wars

Pillar of the Undead

Got it at the dollar store around halloween and added rocks and moss to cover base

Ticalla bushes

Got these supplies from walmart for pretty cheap in their fish section. make excellent ticalla substitutes.

Barricade

Fencing I got from the Lego type set call Crystal wars

Stone arches

Pillars came from Crystal Wars

Water rocks

Rocks came from Crystal Wars

Catapult

Volcarren Wasteland

Volcarren Wasteland (Version 2.0)

Wooden Palisade
Spoiler Alert!

Good Pig January 11th, 2016 09:22 AM

Re: adoney's terrain

Hey, great job! :)

Really like the Orc Bridge and Barricade because of how detailed they are, but everything looks really good.

I tried searching for the Crystal Wars set you mentioned and I didn't come up with anything. Do you have a link you could share?

IshMEL January 11th, 2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 2066426)

Really like the Orc Bridge and Barricade because of how detailed they are, but everything looks really good.

I tried searching for the Crystal Wars set you mentioned and I didn't come up with anything. Do you have a link you could share?

Try Krystal Wars. It's a Megablok line.

Nice stuff here!

Sir Heroscape January 11th, 2016 11:36 AM

Ishmel is right, it's actually Krystal Wars. I don't have a specific source b/c I got this set as a kid and now I just use pieces from the set for making heroscape terrain. This link shows the same set I have, selling on eBay, and you can see the stone pillars and the ladders, and the rocks I used for the water rocks are in the set as well. The fencing for my barricades came from a different set that can be found here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 2066426)

Porkins January 11th, 2016 08:15 PM

I like the giant Ticalla bushes!

Marro_Warlord January 11th, 2016 09:01 PM

Most of that Krystal Wars stuff is nicely done. Those snow-covered pines look real good on a battlefield. Are you making trees to go with the bushes?

Sir Heroscape January 12th, 2016 02:45 AM

Thanks! Yeah I'm planning on making trees, just gotta collect the materials. I want to try my own custom, BUT I also really love the tutorial by @Grishnakh here...and will probably just make them like the tutorial but add some more underbrush on the base of the trees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord (Post 2066591)
Most of that Krystal Wars stuff is nicely done. Those snow-covered pines look real good on a battlefield. Are you making trees to go with the bushes?

fireemblemrox January 12th, 2016 11:32 PM

Wow these are very well made!

Sir Heroscape January 20th, 2016 04:58 AM

Hey all! Just followed the tutorial by @Grishnakh to make custom Ticalla trees. I highly recommend it! These trees make a great addition to the battlefield and he provides an easy tutorial to follow, very detailed and very cheap...cost me only $13.50 total all of which I bought at the local Michael's craft store! So this is the is the first one I've made, and I'll be making more. Let me know what you think?

Grishnakh January 20th, 2016 08:15 AM

That came out looking great! I made several of them a few years back and still use them. In fact they were in a huge game I ran this past Saturday so they hold up very well. Now that you've done one and have a sense of what's involved my suggestion would be to do 4 or 5 all at once, assembly line style. I found it to be a bit easier to do it that way. How long did it take you to make the first one?

Sir Heroscape January 21st, 2016 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 2068150)
That came out looking great! I made several of them a few years back and still use them. In fact they were in a huge game I ran this past Saturday so they hold up very well. Now that you've done one and have a sense of what's involved my suggestion would be to do 4 or 5 all at once, assembly line style. I found it to be a bit easier to do it that way. How long did it take you to make the first one?

Thank you! I was really pleased with it as well. To be honest, I was surprised at how sturdy the trunks are when you twist the wire together...so I'm glad to hear they last.

I appreciate the tip as well...b/c yes...it probably took...well...3 hours :-P. Keep in mind I'm very meticulous and try to make sure I get things right. I think now that I have a handle on it though it'll go a lot quicker.

TREX January 21st, 2016 11:57 AM

All that stuff looks really cool. I'm pretty stoked about the link to the pine trees.(Not that I need more mini terrain) Thanks for sharing and keep it up. It looks great.