Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Customization & HS Additions (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NS' Repaints: Tagawa Hero 4/16 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48997)

Ninja Status August 3rd, 2013 04:56 PM

Re: Militia Painting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 1852168)
Pretty cool. I did pretty much the same thing when I used that figure for my Samuel Brown, except I cut off the bayonet.

I can't tell if it's the flash or the lighting but your figures look like they have a gloss on them. If that's true I find they look so much better if you seal/varnish them with a dulling spray. It evens out the colors and makes the figure look so much better. Plus it seals them. I use Testor dulling spray. There are other matt varnish sprays but pretty much everyone that I know that paints figures swear by that brand.

Now come on over to my house. I'm in the middle of painting 125 Federal and Confederate American Civil War figures. I could use the help! :D:D:D

:shock: Wow, sadly it would take me a day to even get into NY. I use Citadel paint, wash, and sealant for all of my repaints because they are at a decent price for good quality. For your comment about the glossy effect it is most likely the camera, I do need a better camera for taking pictures of my repaints because a cell phone won't last forever.
~NS

Grishnakh August 3rd, 2013 05:00 PM

Re: Militia Painting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Status (Post 1852176)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 1852168)
Pretty cool. I did pretty much the same thing when I used that figure for my Samuel Brown, except I cut off the bayonet.

I can't tell if it's the flash or the lighting but your figures look like they have a gloss on them. If that's true I find they look so much better if you seal/varnish them with a dulling spray. It evens out the colors and makes the figure look so much better. Plus it seals them. I use Testor dulling spray. There are other matt varnish sprays but pretty much everyone that I know that paints figures swear by that brand.

Now come on over to my house. I'm in the middle of painting 125 Federal and Confederate American Civil War figures. I could use the help! :D:D:D

:shock: Wow, sadly it would take me a day to even get into NY. I use Citadel paint, wash, and sealant for all of my repaints because they are at a decent price for good quality. For your comment about the glossy effect it is most likely the camera, I do need a better camera for taking pictures of my repaints because a cell phone won't last forever.
~NS

I sort of thought the highlight was from the camera, but I wasn't sure. I use the Army Painter dip method of shading when I paint large numbers of figures, which dries to a high gloss. You absolutely have to use a dulling spray on the figures after you are finished. Not a fan of Citadel. Personally I prefer Reaper, Model Master or Polly paints. Just learned that Polly Paints have been discontinued though. That's a shame, they are good paints.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Ninja Status August 7th, 2013 06:00 PM

Re. Militia Painting

Hello All. Ninja Status here with another HS repaint, this time I bring you a Sentinel of Jandar the other 2 will be finished of course but I wanted you all to see this one first:). Please enjoy and leave any comments below.
Sentinel of Jandar.
~NS

MegaSilver August 7th, 2013 06:19 PM

Re: Sentinel Painting.

Niiiccce.... :)

William099 August 7th, 2013 06:45 PM

My jaw dropped at that one!

Yodaking August 7th, 2013 06:45 PM

Yeah, he looks great.

Ninja Status August 7th, 2013 09:01 PM

Thanks for the friendly comments everyone:). I am planning on having the other two up by late Thursday or Friday. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should paint next? Ideas are welcome.
~NS

Ninja Status August 8th, 2013 11:13 PM

I finished them early so here are the rest of the Sentinels:
Sentinels of Jandar
~NS

Yodaking August 8th, 2013 11:54 PM

I'm just noticing that one is wearing a kilt while another one is wearing pants. When the one wearing a kilt flies over your head watch out.

Son of Arathorn August 9th, 2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 1854242)
I'm just noticing that one is wearing a kilt while another one is wearing pants. When the one wearing a kilt flies over your head watch out.

You're worried about this while the Minions of Utgar are dive-bombing the enemy wearing nothing but loincloths? Dude, priorities.

Nice job man, can't wait for what comes next.

ZBeeblebrox August 9th, 2013 12:20 AM

Nice job. I really like how you enhanced their ski tones and clothes...but I can't say I like the wings. They do not look like Jandar's wings anymore and IMO separate them from Jardar's distinctive look.

cwidje August 9th, 2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox (Post 1854253)
Nice job. I really like how you enhanced their ski tones and clothes...but I can't say I like the wings. They do not look like Jandar's wings anymore and IMO separate them from Jardar's distinctive look.

I personally think that the wings appear more Jandarian; it's the green pants/kilt that seem/s a tad out of place.