Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Welcome to C3G! – Directory (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28312)

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 03:39 PM

Re: The Life of C3G: How C3G Works

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1033895)
It's not Daredevil...it's Deadpool. :D

EDIT: What do I win?

Correct you are, sir! (At least that's what I've been lead to believe - nothing's official until it's official).
You win a desktop batsignal from Entertainment Earth. Entertainment Earth ... keeping the Earth entertained since ... well ... you know. :thumbsup:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im...5CDC0294lg.jpg

quozl March 9th, 2010 03:43 PM

I'm just sad we're not getting an evil liposuction doctor.

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 03:44 PM

Well ... there are still Sidekicks to pick ... :-D

Balantai March 9th, 2010 03:47 PM

It's beginning to feel like these are going to be our creations, but that's not true, correct? They're still C3G figures and sweeping changes to your ideas are still feasible. Is this correct, Bats?

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1033904)
It's beginning to feel like these are going to be our creations, but that's not true, correct? They're still C3G figures and sweeping changes to your ideas are still feasible. Is this correct, Bats?

That is correct. Nothing gets to the next level until a majority of voters approves it several times along the way and playtesters declare it acceptable. This is still a collaborative project through and through.

Edit: So if people hate my take on Hal Jordan (I hope you don't!) then it's certainly open for tweaking. My rough draft has already been tweaked a couple of times based on feedback from a couple of people I showed it to and some preliminary playtesting.

Balantai March 9th, 2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1033905)
That is correct. Nothing gets to the next level until a majority of voters approves it several times along the way and playtesters declare it acceptable. This is still a collaborative project through and through.

So would it be safe to say that once someone announces their choice, we should all be thinking about ideas for that character?

Griffin March 9th, 2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1033908)
Quote:

So would it be safe to say that once someone announces their choice, we should all be thinking about ideas for that character?

I have playtested Bats' Hal and it is so freaking good, that it needs to be seen before any tweaks are to be presumed.

I think that before suggestions are made, we should at least allow the initial designer to post an initial design...

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 03:56 PM

Yeah, I think it's fair to start thinking of ideas, but also to see what they come up with. I expect we'll see some fairly solid first drafts and from that point it should be a matter of deciding if we like what we see or want to change things or whatever. Or if someone throws out an idea people like better.

Balantai March 9th, 2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1033912)
Quote:

Quote:

I have playtested Bats' Hal and it is so freaking good, that it needs to be seen before any tweaks are to be presumed.

I think that before suggestions are made, we should at least allow the initial designer to post an initial design...

I agree with all of this.

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fyi - last night, raised the roll to 16 - he killed Superman once without taking any wounds (two markers off), and died the second time against Superman after only putting two wounds on the big guy. He played Batman plus Venom dead even - the Vigilantes won with one wound left on Venom. So I'm liking where he's at currently too, but he's a rough draft and definitely will be open to changes and suggestions.

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1033915)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah - save comments for specific units for when their threads go up. And their threads shouldn't go up without a rough draft of stats, cost, leftbox, and powers, a background picture possibility for the figure cards, a comic art possibility for the comic cards, and information on the figure chosen.

Spidey'tilIDie March 9th, 2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1033918)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1033915)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah - save comments for specific units for when their threads go up. And their threads shouldn't go up without a rough draft of stats, cost, leftbox, and powers, a background picture possibility for the figure cards, a comic art possibility for the comic cards, and information on the figure chosen.

This is the only thing I am wary about. I think the minis should be open to what is currently available, but several on that list are also coming in the next DC set, so I wonder if a mini could wait a month (which is more or less how long we have until we get Heroclix Brave and the Bold set. Which BTW has at least 2 Hals contained in it: one with Flash and one with Green Arrow, not to mention the one coming in the Blackest Night Starter Set.)

Griffin March 9th, 2010 04:53 PM

Minis, like anything else in C3G, are subjected to changes. Don't worry Spidey, you are a C3G Hero. If you don't like something, you can do several things to throw you weight around.

1) Don't vote on it
2) Propose a change
3) Take a poll and gain a majority of all C3G members to force any heroes to listen to the community
4) End up doing an alternate version yourself with the figure that you prefer

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 05:06 PM

The figure pick, like anything else in the rough draft, should just be an option. :-)

Spidey'tilIDie March 9th, 2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1033995)
The figure pick, like anything else in the rough draft, should just be an option. :-)

Well alrighty then!

whitestuff March 9th, 2010 05:42 PM

I'm thinking that mine might well be the "Death of Superman"...

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 06:14 PM

Black Suit Superman? :-D

Griffin March 9th, 2010 06:20 PM

Lois Lane even? :D

IAmBatman March 9th, 2010 06:47 PM

So ... it's looking like ...

Hahma - Wolverine
Necro - Deadpool (or that's what little "birds" have told me)
Me - Mr. Hal Jordan
GreyOwl - Thor
Griffin - Lex Luthor
Whitestuff - Doomsday (?)
A3n - ?
Balantai - Not-Doomsday
Matt Helm - ?
Spidey - Not-Doomsday

Matt Helm March 9th, 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitestuff (Post 1034030)
I'm thinking that mine might well be the "Death of Superman"...

You're going to do Mike Carlin? I don't get it.

HINT ALERT: I'm not getting to choose Doomsday either.

NecroBlade March 9th, 2010 11:44 PM

That sonuvabitch NecroBlade took my figure! :o

Spidey'tilIDie March 9th, 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 1034445)

:confused::o:D:lol::rofl:

Griffin March 9th, 2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1034449)
Quote:

:reapershrug:

~ Griffin, he just doesn't get it

Matt Helm March 10th, 2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1034465)
Quote:

Quote:

I'm guessing that the "D" we all assumed was Deadpool may actually be Doomsday.

Griffin March 10th, 2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Helm (Post 1034482)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1034465)
Quote:

Quote:

I'm guessing that the "D" we all assumed was Deadpool may actually be Doomsday.

I have it on very good authority (I spoke with Necro) that he is doing Deadpool, but if he lied... it was a really convincing one. :reapershrug:

IAmBatman March 10th, 2010 01:10 AM

Heh ... well since I had Necro down as doing Deadpool and Necro came in and said that Necro stole his figure ... err ... nevermind. Do I really have to explain this? :-P

Matt Helm March 10th, 2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1034511)
Heh ... well since I had Necro down as doing Deadpool and Necro came in and said that Necro stole his figure ... err ... nevermind. Do I really have to explain this? :-P

Oh I get it... ha. The old guy is slow sometimes.

A3n March 10th, 2010 03:49 AM

Well, when I left for work this morning Hahma hadn't even hinted at what he was doing, & now you'll been waiting on me. Mwah hah hah hah :twisted:

So for my hint I am hoping to do someone who is of the gods, but not a god.

Hope that hint is accurate enough it is by my interpretation & I can think of at least one other off the top of my head that the description fits so there is a little room for guessing :p.

Cheers

IAmBatman March 10th, 2010 04:09 AM

Wonder Woman!

Griffin March 10th, 2010 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1034550)
Well, when I left for work this morning Hahma hadn't even hinted at what he was doing, & now you'll been waiting on me. Mwah hah hah hah :twisted:

So for my hint I am hoping to do someone who is of the gods, but not a god.

Hope that hint is accurate enough it is by my interpretation & I can think of at least one other off the top of my head that the description fits so there is a little room for guessing :p.

Cheers

WhatWould you ever be referring to? :D

IAmBatman March 10th, 2010 04:22 AM

Hmm ... that just leaves Mr. Helm and Spidey and Balantai to figure out ... (though I have ideas on where two of the three will go). Moonknight anyone? :-P

A3n March 10th, 2010 04:38 AM

Are you sure it's not Hercules?

IAmBatman March 10th, 2010 04:55 AM

Touche. :-P But I still think it's Wonder Woman.

Spidey'tilIDie March 10th, 2010 07:05 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your clue leads to Captain Marvel and Black Adam too!

A3n March 10th, 2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1034573)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your clue leads to Captain Marvel and Black Adam too!

I thought they were granted their powers by the wizard Shazam? But Captain Marvel Jr. (aka Shazam - :confused: confusing much) was the one granted powers by the Gods by beating that other dude.

Cheers

Matt Helm March 10th, 2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1034558)
Hmm ... that just leaves Mr. Helm and Spidey and Balantai to figure out ... (though I have ideas on where two of the three will go). Moonknight anyone? :-P

How about Moondragon?

Balantai March 10th, 2010 12:21 PM

Did you make your choice, A3n. Is it officially WW? I'm ready for my pick. :D

IAmBatman March 10th, 2010 01:14 PM

Ooooh, could be the current Wonder Girl too ... but, Balantai, I think as long as whoever you're picking is either:

A) A god

or

B) Not "from the gods"

you should be fine (though aren't we all from God anyway? :-P )

Balantai March 10th, 2010 01:26 PM

I choose....
Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman March 10th, 2010 01:34 PM

Any hints from Mr. Helm?

Hahma March 10th, 2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Helm (Post 1034643)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1034558)

How about Moondragon?

And then of course there's Moonstone :D

Hahma March 10th, 2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1034722)
Any hints from Mr. Helm?

Yeah, what's the dealio Mr. Helm? As long as it's ESS-1 I'm cool wit dat. 8)

Spidey'tilIDie March 10th, 2010 02:48 PM

Well, I hate to Bury these hints, but I'll be quick about it. I am gonna get the last of our pics for X-Men taken today and wondered, if its cloudy outside, should I use a Flash? If someone could answer that real fast that would be amazing. And they, as the Fastest Man to respond, might also figure out my clues as to who I plan to pick! ;)

quozl March 10th, 2010 02:52 PM

Something about burying?

The Shoveler! (from Mystery Men)

A3n March 10th, 2010 04:19 PM

If you aren't getting a defined shadow from the sunlight you can use a diffused flash. I just get a plain white tissue & fold it over a few times & sticky tape that over the flash.

Is it Barry Allen Flash?

Cheers

IAmBatman March 10th, 2010 04:20 PM

I hear it's definitely going to be Barry Allen Flash. :-P

A3n March 10th, 2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1034717)
I choose....
Spoiler Alert!

Are you being serious? That would be an interesting choice? Do they have a clix for him?

Cheers

IAmBatman March 10th, 2010 04:36 PM

A couple of clix for him, yes ... one is really cool but really expensive ... the other is mid Bamf!