Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Perfect bases for Heroscape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26316)

Spidey'tilIDie August 10th, 2009 10:57 PM

Re: Perfect bases for Heroscape

Funny, 'cause I originally liked them best too. After seeing Base C I really liked it better, but now that I have done all this measuring and stuff, I am back to lovin' Base A! :lol:

Spidey'tilIDie August 10th, 2009 10:59 PM

I will glue some minis on each kind and photo them by Thursday if you all want to hold off for a little longer!

badgermaniac August 10th, 2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 891653)
Quote:

Originally Posted by badgermaniac (Post 891646)
I can't comment on the other two, but base B is 3mm high, the same as official bases. This accounts for why they fit well in the ladder slots. They look a bit thicker in the pics due to the rounded lips.

Not mine. I ordered the one you have after seeing your pic of Warrior Woman and it is slightly taller than Heroscape bases. Without the lip it would be the exact same height.

Just measured them again...exactly 3mm on each.

I tested both on the ladders and they are slightly more snug than the official ones, but we are talking about maybe a third of a mm.

What is kind of funny that I never noticed before is how loose the official bases are in the ladders. It isn't enough for them to pop out, but there is a little wiggle there.

Look, it doesn't matter to me which ones you choose. I like the angled edges better than the curved edges, but I also like a more appropriate thickness so it just depends what you prefer. I am just trying to help folks out.

A3n August 11th, 2009 04:32 AM

Thanx for this find, I just ordered 60 of A.

Cheers

Spidey'tilIDie August 11th, 2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgermaniac (Post 891690)
Just measured them again...exactly 3mm on each.

I tested both on the ladders and they are slightly more snug than the official ones, but we are talking about maybe a third of a mm.

Agreed.

Quote:

What is kind of funny that I never noticed before is how loose the official bases are in the ladders. It isn't enough for them to pop out, but there is a little wiggle there.
Again, I agree. Base A has the same wiggle room as Heroscape bases though.

Quote:

Look, it doesn't matter to me which ones you choose. I like the angled edges better than the curved edges, but I also like a more appropriate thickness so it just depends what you prefer. I am just trying to help folks out.
As am I. Believe me, I found your original post very helpful! I +repped you for this a long time ago, and immediately googled them and ordered these. Because of you, I found all three of these bases! I am merely looking for the best info for people to make a decision on.

Matt Helm August 11th, 2009 09:47 PM

Bravo to both Spidey and Badger as this is all great stuff. I think I'm going to take a shot at Base A if for the affordable price alone.

GreyOwl August 11th, 2009 11:29 PM

So where do we order base A from again?

Matt Helm August 11th, 2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 892731)
So where do we order base A from again?

First post in this thread has the link.

Spidey'tilIDie August 13th, 2009 05:22 PM

I just ordered and currently they are out of stock. But...
A reorder is already on the way!!!

Matt Helm August 13th, 2009 05:51 PM

I just ordered 45 with shipping at a cost of $9.95. Will they be sending me an e-mail to say that they are out of stock?

A3n August 13th, 2009 06:15 PM

I haven't received any advice to say they were out of stock.

Spidey'tilIDie August 13th, 2009 07:35 PM

I don't know. I ordered and then contacted them and they told me they had more on the way and would I mind waiting. I said, I've waited this long, a few more days won't kill me! If you have any questions, contact them during business hours they have a really quick turn-around on responses. It says to give them two hours, but I had an entire conversation via e-mail on Tuesday. ;)