Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker January 25th, 2011 06:07 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1323051)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1323020)
For What Behind the Rabbit, how will it work with area of effect special attacks?

Something like this?
What, Behind the Rabbit?
If the Rabbit of Caerbannog is unengaged, it may not be targeted for a normal attack from a figure that is not adjacent.

A little wonky wording, since unengaged means that it is not adjacent to any attacking figure. Also, it allows it to be shot by a normal attack if it is engaged with a different figure. Is that what you meant?

mac122 January 25th, 2011 06:27 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1323055)
A little wonky wording, since unengaged means that it is not adjacent to any attacking figure. Also, it allows it to be shot by a normal attack if it is engaged with a different figure. Is that what you meant?

Yes. If one of my troops is getting his head bitten off by the Rabbit, my other troops should be able to take a shot at it. King Arthur foolishly kept his other soldiers out of the battle with the Rabbit, preferring to save them for the final confrontation with the Taunting French. Had there been an archer or two at the cave, the Holy Hand Grenade may have been unnecessary. :D This also addresses the area of effect specials.


BTW, the original wording allowed for a non-adjacent figure to attack an engaged Rabbit as well:
Quote:

What, Behind the Rabbit?
If the Rabbit is unengaged, it may not be attacked by a non-adjacent figure unless that figure began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit.
Therefore, if the Rabbit is engaged, a non-adjacent figure can attack it.

Taeblewalker January 25th, 2011 06:38 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Sounds good to me. I also like the idea of Engagement Strike 8.

killercactus January 25th, 2011 07:01 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I still want What, Behind the Rabbit? to allow a figure that began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit to run away and shoot it, so I'd like to keep the "unless the attacking figure began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit" in there. That's why I made Terratorial prevent leaving engagement attacks.

However, it seems perfectly within the theme of both the unit and the power to give it a version of Engagement Strike with it. Maybe just add this to the end of Terratorial - "When an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to the Rabbit, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8-19, that figure receives 1 wound. If you roll a 20, that figure is destroyed.

Balantai January 25th, 2011 07:15 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1323165)
However, it seems perfectly within the theme of both the unit and the power to give it a version of Engagement Strike with it. Maybe just add this to the end of Terratorial - "When an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to the Rabbit, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8-19, that figure receives 1 wound. If you roll a 20, that figure is destroyed.

I really like that. :twisted:

Balantai January 25th, 2011 07:17 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1323165)
I still want What, Behind the Rabbit? to allow a figure that began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit to run away and shoot it, so I'd like to keep the "unless the attacking figure began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit" in there. That's why I made Terratorial prevent leaving engagement attacks.

What is the theme behind this?

killercactus January 25th, 2011 08:29 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1323197)
Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1323165)
I still want What, Behind the Rabbit? to allow a figure that began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit to run away and shoot it, so I'd like to keep the "unless the attacking figure began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit" in there. That's why I made Terratorial prevent leaving engagement attacks.

What is the theme behind this?

The Knights engaged the Rabbit, couldn't kill it, yelled "Run Away!!!", and then threw a grenade at it. The Rabbit didn't chase them.

I want Heroscape figures to be able to engage it, fail, and then run away and shoot it without being attacked as they leave.

Neo January 25th, 2011 08:49 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
what if on territorial 8-18=1 wound
19= the rabbit gets a free attack on each hostile adjacent figure and 20 destroys the offending figure and the rabbit moves into it's space

Balantai January 26th, 2011 11:30 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 1323332)
what if on territorial 8-18=1 wound
19= the rabbit gets a free attack on each hostile adjacent figure and 20 destroys the offending figure and the rabbit moves into it's space

Welcome, Neo. Thanks for posting your suggestion. There is one flaw with your power, though. Figures do not take attacks when it is not their turn. It creates looping and possible strings events in the middle of an opponent's turn someone else's turn. It's why you see so many unblockable attack dice being rolled instead of an attack on a defensive power.

Balantai January 26th, 2011 11:33 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1323303)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1323197)
Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1323165)
I still want What, Behind the Rabbit? to allow a figure that began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit to run away and shoot it, so I'd like to keep the "unless the attacking figure began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit" in there. That's why I made Terratorial prevent leaving engagement attacks.

What is the theme behind this?

The Knights engaged the Rabbit, couldn't kill it, yelled "Run Away!!!", and then threw a grenade at it. The Rabbit didn't chase them.

I want Heroscape figures to be able to engage it, fail, and then run away and shoot it without being attacked as they leave.

Okay. I see what you're trying to do now. It feels a bit odd, though. Maybe we can create a Holy Hand Grenade Equipment Glyph that would bypass Special Powers? This way you don't need to restriction of allowing a figure to attack the rabbit from range only if they were engaged previously in the turn.

Taeblewalker January 26th, 2011 01:40 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I can see this being a case where a glyph/unit combo is in order. The glyph should read, "Thou shalt count to 3, not going on to 4 . 5 is right out! Nor goest thou to 2, save to proceedeth directly to 3. Chooseth thou a figure in 3 clear sight spaces, and rolleth thou 5 attack dice against it."

Neo January 26th, 2011 03:22 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1324017)
I can see this being a case where a glyph/unit combo is in order. The glyph should read, "Thou shalt count to 3, not going on to 4 . 5 is right out! Nor goest thou to 2, save to proceedeth directly to 3. Chooseth thou a figure in 3 clear sight spaces, and rolleth thou 5 attack dice against it."

:rofl:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.