Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Superhero RPG play by forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55547)

quozl February 10th, 2019 10:06 PM

Superhero RPG play by forum

I'm thinking about starting one up. Please post in this thread if you are interested. I'm expecting people to post 2-3 times a week.

I will be using Mystery Men 2nd edition, which is an OSR superhero RPG. You can get it in PDF for $7 or a paperback for $10 at www.lulu.com

Please sign up by February 27!

Signed-up Superheroes (or Super Villains?):
1. Louisan: The Beacon (Kara)
2. Yodaking: Ghost (Xavier)
3. Dad_Scaper: Lana Shomer
4. IAmBatman: Ever-Loving Rockstar (Johnny)
5. Eritch: Granite (Grant)
6. Spidey: U.S. Express (Sam)
7. Ronin: Tornado: Light Man (David)

FHI: Superhero Temp Agency

Superhero RPG Setting Thread

Superhero RPG In Character Thread

For ability scores, take 21 points and divide them up with each ability having a min of 0 and a max of 6. For experience points, I was thinking of doing Heroic, which gives you 25,000XP to spend. Roll HP + Con bonus each level. Use the highest total. So for 5th level with a Con bonus of +2, you'd roll 1d6+2, 2d6+4, 3d6+6, 4d6+8, and 5d6+10. Whichever roll is the highest is your HP.

Protocol for posting (once we start).

Also, I do want to keep this "comics code friendly". So please be tasteful in your descriptions. Thanks!

Louisan February 10th, 2019 10:10 PM

Re: Superhero RPG play by forum

Sign me up, please!

Yodaking February 10th, 2019 10:13 PM

I'm kind of interested so I'll look into buying the book. Never done a turn RPG online before though, just games like Werewolf/Mafia. I imagine we use a random number generator to roll the dice then? Any other rules or things I should know about concerning how an online RPG works?

quozl February 10th, 2019 10:16 PM

Yeah, we can use a random number generator online or you can roll physical dice and post what you roll. Have you played a tabletop RPG before?

Yodaking February 10th, 2019 10:28 PM

Yeah, growing up I played D&D, AD&D, AD&D 2nd edition, played a Star Wars themed RPG, Warhammer RPG, Warhammer 40K RPG, as well and another sword and sorcery RPG I don't recall the name of. The first Games Workshop location in America was at our local mall and back then they sold more than just their own products, so we bought a lot of different games and tried them out in middle school and early high school. Played with a couple of different groups as I moved during that time. We never used minis though like I know some people did, just graph paper and dice. A group of friends started up a D&D 5e(?) game a few years ago but it fizzled out after only a few meetings as it was just too hard to get everyone's schedules to work out.

Dad_Scaper February 10th, 2019 10:31 PM

Sign me up! I'll get the thing. One way or the other.

Thanks, Q!

IAmBatman February 10th, 2019 10:32 PM

Likewise! I'll give it a go. :-) Sign me up.

quozl February 10th, 2019 10:32 PM

Excellent! You'll just post what your character's doing just like you would say if we were face to face. The system is very much like D&D except it uses experience points to purchase your powers. I haven't played it but it looks very versatile with character creation and has a resolution system I'm familiar with (D&D).

Dad_Scaper February 10th, 2019 10:35 PM

Excellent. I have the PDF already. I'll look at it.

Yodaking February 10th, 2019 10:40 PM

I went ahead and purchased the book, I still like having a hard copy of things and at 124 pages I'll let them use their ink up rather then print it myself. It will take at least 5 days for them to print and ship it to me, but I'm in. Thinking I'd like to be on the villain side of things if both sides have a team of players. If we are all just on one super hero team, that's fine too.

IAmBatman February 10th, 2019 10:43 PM

I think we should all be heroes ... in our own eyes. :-D

IAmBatman February 10th, 2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2253730)
Excellent. I have the PDF already. I'll look at it.

Where did you find it? Having trouble locating it.