Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Maps & Scenarios (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Multiplayer Map Ideas (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49400)

Dlark17 October 2nd, 2013 03:56 PM

Multiplayer Map Ideas

Hey all!

I've tried delving the maps section, and it seems like it's mostly geared to scenarios and 1v1 tournament maps. While these are both useful for me in equal measure, I often find myself wishing that I could find balanced and heavily-tested maps for upwards of four players. I tend to run my extensive 'Scape collection bimonthly for a sizable group of friends who generally want to all play on a table together or at local Cons where I'm known for introducing new players to the game and showing off maps made from multiple expansions and master sets.
While I can get away with on-the-fly maps with my regular group, I've been asked to host a small Con around our HeroScape group in the next few months. I REALLY want to impress people, so while I do want to make mini versions of the old Hasbro maps I see from pictures of GenCons past, I also would love to have some community-tested maps made for six, eight or even twelve players!
If anyone would be so kind as to link me some designs or help me brainstorm some, that would be great! I've been reading up on Mad Wookie's articles about improving your mapbuilding skills, but I tend to think putting more eyes and minds to work is better than any amount of study I could hope to do.

For reference, I've been able to come up with the following terrain sets over the years:
3x RotV
2x SotM
2x BftU
2x RttFF
1x VW
1x TT
2x TJ
2x FotA
... and a random smattering of extra pieces from small expansions, loose collections and eBay purchases (including extra swamp water).

Thanks for any help, guys!

:Edit: I should note that when I say a high number of players, I am looking for things suited to both team matches of varying size (so either several 2-mans or two 4-man groups if we play with eight) and massive Free-For-Alls.

Porkins November 13th, 2013 10:37 AM

Re: Multiplayer Map Ideas

How long does it take to play a massive free for all game? We played a game of Zombie Island for my son's birthday one year. We had 10 or so kids playing, but it took so long between turns that they got bored.

Nadi November 14th, 2013 02:52 PM

Re: Multiplayer Map Ideas

Dlark17,

You might wanna check my map thread (shake the dust off it first.... LOL) I used to play pretty regularly with groups of people that were between the sizes of 4 to 8 players. We had a pretty good collection of sets, so I was able to build some larger maps that would accommodate those. (Check the 'codex' link in my sig, I have 'symmetry' noted in my spreadsheet, that will give you an idea of players / teams.'

I'm sure there are plenty more, but maybe a place to start?