Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Dark Dimension (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=38064)

johnny139 October 19th, 2011 11:26 PM

The Book of Dark Dimension

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set, Battle for the Underdark™ Master Set, Volcarren Wasteland™

MAP Bio - Beyond the boundaries of our dimension lie the Splinter Realms, pocket universes ruled by the likes of Mephisto, Molgotha, Hela, and more. Home to the Dread Dormammu, the Dark Dimension is one of these hellish planes. With its pits of fire and brimstone, its hanging stalactites and cold stone dungeons, its dark energy pervading every inch, only the hardiest of mystics can hope to survive there for long.

GLYPHS USED:
None

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS USED:
None

SETUP:
  • Map Size -
SPECIAL RULES:
None

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

tcglkn October 19th, 2011 11:53 PM

Re: The Book of Dark Dimension (Design Phase)

VirtualScape File

Good Pig October 20th, 2011 12:02 AM

I like it. Just wish I could put it together. No lava set. :( Maybe I'll follow Grishnakh's tutorial someday and create my own.

tcglkn October 20th, 2011 01:35 AM

BTW I like this map and hope to set it up at some point. :D

Scapemage October 20th, 2011 08:00 AM

Love the map with the new path around the lava. :up:

davidlhsl October 20th, 2011 09:05 AM

Very nice looking map, and it would be fantastic for a Capture the Flag type game (never played this type of game, but I'd like to). This is bigger than my poor card table, so I won't be able to put this one together -- now. I should get another one for maps such as this.

davidlhsl October 20th, 2011 08:46 PM

I just downloaded and checked out the VS file, and I notice it's designed at a diagonal. Counting the hexes, I think I can build this! :D

I've got a game to play on Sewer Labyrinth tomorrow night, so I should be able to set this up sometime this weekend.

After this map, I want to build Hol Hall!

So many great maps! :woot:

johnny139 October 22nd, 2011 05:31 PM

So, anyone else have any other opinions on this map? I intend to give it a playtest or two soon, and assuming that goes well, send it off to testing.

quozl October 22nd, 2011 08:28 PM

Have you tried shifting the lava more toward the middle of the map? That way it's at a more advantageous location to grab height.

johnny139 October 23rd, 2011 08:49 PM

Alright, so, played a pretty straightforward match earlier today.

TEAM 1 (1200 Points): Captain America (C3G), Incredible Hulk (Hasbro), Spider-Man (Hasbro), Thor
TEAM 2 (1190): Green Lantern: Hal Jordan, Batman: Bruce Wayne, Green Arrow: Oliver Queen, Black Canary, Wonder Woman

I won't go into too much detail, but Hal revealed the Glyph of Temporal Disturbance in the center of the battlefield... yeah, bad luck for the other guys. He ends up toasting the Hulk easily. But, the other guys keep back and lure him off, so, there's that. Black Canary tries to climb over the lava hill, but finds it quicker to just cut across. Captain America takes a lava bath. Thor gets toasted. It's a bad scene.

But, Spidey helps make a comeback. He baits Hal onto lava, which ultimately kills him at the end of the round. He tangos with Arrow and Canary, killing them both (Arrow by warping him into lava). He deals two wounds to Wonder Woman before being killed.

So, yeah. Temporal Displacement Glyph. Kind of... changed the scale of the battle. Think we should specify a Glyph for that spot, or just let the dice roll? Otherwise, it was pretty fair; most parts of the battlefield got at least some play.

davidlhsl October 24th, 2011 08:07 PM

Here you go! I almost didn't get started on this due to munching on sunflowers seeds. I'm trying to improve my "seeder" skills by putting several in my mouth at once, cracking them one at a time in my mouth, then spitting out the shells.

That's way more information than you wanted to know, isn't it?

I have two dungeon sets, so I used the 12 shadow tiles without the holes.

Scapemage October 24th, 2011 08:14 PM

Looks great! Can't wait to play on it!