Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Molten Lava Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=32308)

IAmBatman September 8th, 2010 03:22 PM

The Book of Molten Lava Rules

The Book of Molten Lava Rules

C3G MARVEL FANTASTIC FOUR MASTER SET
FANTASTIC FORCES UNITE!

This set of rules is not necessary to enjoy C3G customs, but it is designed to enhance your SuperHero Battles by allowing figures to move around battlefields full of molten lava in a dynamic, heroic fashion, without the terrain rules becoming unbalancing or feeling incompatible with the C3G customs. It is required when testing with C3G designs.

Molten Lava Rules Description- There are certain places in the world where our Earth's core leaks liquid hot magma. These places are not safe for anyone, not even those who are considered to be superhuman.
______________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial Playtest: Bats
  • Second Playtest: Griffin
  • Art by A3n

Griffin September 8th, 2010 04:27 PM

Re: The Book of Molten Lava Optional Rules

Rolling for Molten Lava damage:

Roll the 20-sided die. Add 3 to the roll if that figure has the Super Strength special power.

If you roll 5 or less, that figure receives four wounds.
If you roll 6-19, that figure receives one wound.
If you roll 20 or higher, that figure has miraculously survived and receives no wounds.

Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman September 8th, 2010 04:36 PM

Easily done - updated in a minute.

Griffin September 8th, 2010 05:05 PM

Groovy. :D

IAmBatman September 8th, 2010 05:13 PM

I'll try to give this an initial playtest later this week. :-) I want to try the Temporal Displacement Glyph again anyway, so I can kill two birds with one stone.

Griffin September 8th, 2010 05:25 PM

Good luck, I was planning on doing this tonight. :lol:

IAmBatman September 8th, 2010 05:30 PM

Go to town, lol. I was going to wait until there was a new write up for the Temporal Displacement glyph, and maybe do a new initial test for Namor as well.

IAmBatman September 8th, 2010 06:22 PM

Doh! I forgot ... I was going to do it where even if you don't hit the roll, you take an auto wound. Update coming.

SirGalahad September 8th, 2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1199193)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Molten Lava
Treat molten lava spaces like water spaces except for the following:
When a figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power moves onto a molten lava space, you must roll for molten lava damage.

Double-spaced figures: When a double-space figure stops in one or two molten lava spaces, it must roll only once for molten lava damage.

Rolling for molten lava damage: Roll the 20-sided die.

Figures without the Super Strength special power:
If you roll a 1-14, the figure is destroyed.
If you roll a 15-19, the figure receives one wound.

Figures with the Super Strength special power:
If you roll a 1-10, the figure is destroyed.
If you roll an 11-19, the figure receives one wound.

If you roll a 20 or higher, the figure has miraculously survived, without any wounds.

Flying: Figures with the Flying or Stealth Flying special power do not roll may fly over molten lava without rolling for molten lava damage.

I think the roll results order should follow the "lowest-to-highest" convention.

Figures can already fly over molten lava without rolling for damage. What you're saying here is they can end their movement on a molten lava space without rolling for molten lava damage, right?

IAmBatman September 8th, 2010 07:10 PM

No - these rules are a replacement for the official Molten Lava rules, so they therefore have the burden of expressing everything the official rules do that we wish to keep.
Everything other than changing the numbering on the rolls and making the saving roll still cause a wound is directly from the official booklet.
That said, if you see areas in the official language you'd like to improve (as seems clear above) I'm more than happy to oblige.

Hahma September 8th, 2010 07:51 PM

Cool stuff Bats. :D

SirGalahad September 8th, 2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1199557)
No - these rules are a replacement for the official Molten Lava rules, so they therefore have the burden of expressing everything the official rules do that we wish to keep.
Everything other than changing the numbering on the rolls and making the saving roll still cause a wound is directly from the official booklet.
That said, if you see areas in the official language you'd like to improve (as seems clear above) I'm more than happy to oblige.

If they are replacement rules, then we ought to improve the official language as much as we can. ;)