Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Terrain & Obstacles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sci Fi Terrain by Games Workshop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26103)

RichardD July 22nd, 2009 10:59 AM

Sci Fi Terrain by Games Workshop

According to this thread on BGG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3712971, the new Games Workshop Planetfall Aegis Defence Line looks like it would make pretty good sci-fi-themed obstacles for Heroscape. Not as big (or as complex) as castle walls, it would provide an alternative LOS blocker to trees and jungle.

The Walrus King July 22nd, 2009 11:07 AM

Re: Sci Fi Terrain by Games Workshop

Nice find. Gotta look into them.

Cavalier July 22nd, 2009 11:17 AM

Holy crap! Those are perfect.

Bloodthorn July 22nd, 2009 02:33 PM

Gonna have to get my hands on some of these! Nice job RichardD +rep to you!

Yodaking July 22nd, 2009 04:01 PM

I just stopped by by local gaming shop yesterday and started flipping through a new (to me) 40K book they had sitting there that showed a bunch of these set up and thought they looked pretty cool. I didn't realise they fit so perfectly on the HS hexes though. It's almost like they had the HS tiles in mind when they designed them.

RichardD July 22nd, 2009 04:40 PM

They don't look like an *exact* fit, but "close enough to work". And if I pick up a set (if? Surely a matter of when, not if), I'll probably glue some spare plastic from the sprue material onto the bottoms so that they interlock with the HS hexes, like the HS ruins.

Agent Minivann July 22nd, 2009 04:59 PM

Very nice find. I love Rob Daviau's first post in that BGG thread.

Cavalier July 22nd, 2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Minivann (Post 877157)
Very nice find. I love Rob Daviau's first post in that BGG thread.

Cracked me up.:D

Yodaking August 1st, 2009 12:21 AM

Picked up a set of these today at my local gaming shop. I picked it up for $20, so about the cost of a heroscape terrain expansion pack. I'm sure you can get a better price online somewhere but I like supporting the local place when I can and I didn't think $20 was a bad price. You get a decent amount of plastic (4 long barriers & 4 singles), each of which has unique battle damage. It comes with a mounted laser gun too. I'll post pics later once I get a chance.

Hahma August 3rd, 2009 12:18 AM

Nice find RichardD, +rep

Cavalier August 3rd, 2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 884035)
Picked up a set of these today at my local gaming shop. I picked it up for $20, so about the cost of a heroscape terrain expansion pack. I'm sure you can get a better price online somewhere but I like supporting the local place when I can and I didn't think $20 was a bad price. You get a decent amount of plastic (4 long barriers & 4 singles), each of which has unique battle damage. It comes with a mounted laser gun too. I'll post pics later once I get a chance.

Did you find that they are a good fit on the 'Scape terrain?

hextr1p August 3rd, 2009 11:55 AM

A few other images of the set in action can be found here. Albeit, not with 'Scape terrain. But to get a better idea of what all comes in the set:

CLICK HERE!

EDIT: Just ordered these today via an eBay vendor. Looking forward to adding these to my games!