Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Arsenal (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55087)

IAmBatman September 7th, 2018 02:27 PM

Re: The Book of Arsenal - Public Playtesting Phase

Appreciate the vode of confidence! :up:

Spidey'tilIDie September 7th, 2018 02:47 PM

I'm actually a little concerned he's over-nerfed. But testing will show that to be true or not.

IAmBatman September 7th, 2018 10:59 PM

Especially with the VDO rules in flux still, this guy is looking like my next testing priority.

IAmBatman September 9th, 2018 09:56 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: ARSENAL (after changes)

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Nightwing (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190), Wonder Girl (140), Arsenal (170), Lagoon Boy (90) (1,000) vs Original X-Men (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman September 9th, 2018 09:57 PM

I'll give Alexan a bit of time to see if they can get their first playtest in (no hurries, plenty to work on elsewhere). But I'm feeling pretty good about things here in the meantime.

For interested parties, I'd love feedback on whether this is looking like an over-nerf to you.

For @dok
@Soundwarp SG-1
@Dysole
@weebaer
I'd love some feedback on whether we've found a good balance here.

Scapemage September 9th, 2018 10:02 PM

The balancing of Arsenal feels better here. You seemed to use all the options at least once in both games. One win and one loss is also nice to see as they seemed relatively close both games.

IAmBatman September 9th, 2018 10:04 PM

Yeah, definitely some swings in both that had they gone the other way the whole game could've swung. Psychic Defense X really killed his utility in the first game, but the high defenses made it much harder for him to actually get wounds in the second one, so each match represented a different challenge for Arsenal. He feels a lot more B, B- though than before, where he was feeling A, A+, so that's probably a good change.

Yodaking September 9th, 2018 10:17 PM

You've got an extra 0 in the second test army total.

IAmBatman September 9th, 2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2220938)
You've got an extra 0 in the second test army total.

Good catch, thanks! I actually had the armies listed completely wrong. I was going to add in Cyborg, Wasp, and Iceman and go 1200, but decided to scale back to 1000.

Should be fixed now.

IAmBatman September 14th, 2018 01:20 PM

Since this guy is still in playtesting and his cost is most likely going to be driven by his Titan synergies above all else, what do people think about including Outlaws under his Team Cover Fire so that he can help make a Red Hood/Starfire/Arsenal mix more viable?

Ronin September 14th, 2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2222581)
Since this guy is still in playtesting and his cost is most likely going to be driven by his Titan synergies above all else, what do people think about including Outlaws under his Team Cover Fire so that he can help make a Red Hood/Starfire/Arsenal mix more viable?

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines, but I didn't want to push you to do anything here at this point in the design.

I think it would definitely make it easier to design Jason, and I'd be willing to knock out some quick games with Outlaws after Dormammu, if necessary.

johnny139 September 14th, 2018 01:30 PM

That's probably an easier solution than the one I was suggesting (even if my idea was really clever and I'm very proud of it :lol:).

It would definitely need a test or two, since there's about a dozen Outlaws out there, and he's pretty self-sufficient. He doesn't really need bonding/movement to get in free attacks - just park him on height and let the Secret Six do their stuff.