Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ursa (Spymaster) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58832)

Karat March 20th, 2021 01:39 PM

The Book of Ursa (Spymaster)

The Book of Ursa (Spymaster)

C3G DC WAVE 42
SUPERMAN FAMILY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...saII_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rsaII_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superman set.
Its model number and name are #044 / Ursa.

Character Bio - Ursa uses her vast network of spies to disseminate intelligence on the enemies of Zod and his new Kryptonian order.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Ursa can move up to 4 Kryptonians with her Kryptonian Spy Network special power. Current Kryptonians.
  • Ursa can remove a blank from her card to add it to the roll of a friendly Kryptonian with her Kryptonian Espionage special power. Current Kryptonians.
  • Ursa can remove a blank from the roll of a Spy you control and place it on her card with her Kryptonian Espionage special power. Current Unique Spies.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Karat March 20th, 2021 01:39 PM

Re: The Book of Ursa (Spymaster) (Desogn Phase)

NAME = URSA

SPECIES =KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SPY
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 230

KRYPTONIAN ESPIONAGE
Start the game with one combat die on this card showing a blank. When combat dice are rolled for a friendly Kryptonian, you may remove a blank from this card to add a blank to whatever is rolled. After rolling attack dice for a Unique Spy Hero you control, you may subtract one blank rolled to place a combat die showing a blank on this card. You may never have more blanks on this card than you have Unique Spy Heroes in your army.

KRYPTONIAN SPY NETWORK
After rolling for initiative, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card and at least one Kryptonian you control is engaged, you may immediately move up to 4 Kryptonians you control up to 4 spaces each. Figures moved by Kryptonian Spy Network will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

KRYPTONIAN DEFENSE
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

SUPERSTRENGTH
FLYING

Original Concept
Spoiler Alert!

Karat March 20th, 2021 01:40 PM

Background Suggestions

Comic Image

IAmBatman March 20th, 2021 05:26 PM

Interesting. Her spy network won't really do anything until you have at least one Kryptonian in range to trigger it. But Kryptonians are pretty fast flyers, so in a Zod build you can probably just use her to move in back ups more easily.

Karat March 23rd, 2021 04:21 PM

Re: The Book of Ursa (Spymaster) (Vote for Initial Playtesti

Minimal comments I'll assume as a good thing. Planning on hitting the Constructs this weekend and then this one sometime thereafter.

I propose we move to Initial Playtesting

Lord Pyre March 23rd, 2021 04:29 PM

(Sorry I haven't looked at this until now)

Curious what the "purpose" of this design is? I don't really see the 4 space movement terribly helpful to the kryptonians, but maybe I'm wrong? Obviously priority target is nice, even if not flashy. Is there a bigger plan here?

Nothing wrong with it, just kind of bland on its own and doesn't seem like a useful draft for kryptonians.

Karat March 23rd, 2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 2455472)
(Sorry I haven't looked at this until now)

Curious what the "purpose" of this design is? I don't really see the 4 space movement terribly helpful to the kryptonians, but maybe I'm wrong? Obviously priority target is nice, even if not flashy. Is there a bigger plan here?

Nothing wrong with it, just kind of bland on its own and doesn't seem like a useful draft for kryptonians.

The main purpose was to give the Spies more utility while still being a general factional piece.

Lord Pyre March 23rd, 2021 04:40 PM

The infiltrators? They already teleport, does 4 space movement help them?

Again I don't mind just seeing results, just wanted to be on the same page.

Karat March 23rd, 2021 04:45 PM

Yea, just seem a bit underwhelming so was trying to essentially help them out in an interesting way that isn't too strong.

IAmBatman March 23rd, 2021 05:43 PM

Not sure her soft synergies really work toward the Infiltrators that strongly. They seem like they might be better for the Soldiers, really.

Karat March 23rd, 2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2455501)
Not sure her soft synergies really work toward the Infiltrators that strongly. They seem like they might be better for the Soldiers, really.

You brainstormed it with me :p

I think it does more than it looks like at first. They just are less first wave and more second wave.

tcglkn March 24th, 2021 12:03 AM

You're claiming that you are going for both interesting and boosting the spys, but this design seems to do neither. I guess the idea is that you can move figures away from engagements and then roll for their teleport, but that's not super useful... I think their real issue is that they have 4 defense and 4 life with Kryptonian Defense and that doesn't add much to their survivability which makes it hard for a melee double attacker to have much on an impact. But to me adding a free move doesn't excite me because it's mainly just to disengage them so they can attempt to roll a blank again to engage someone else.

I think Priority Target and Spy Network both help the Soldiers more than the Infiltrators because it gives them more chances to roll blanks on attack and then also the movement is nice for them because they want to engage and stay engaged with General Zod.