Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis August 26th, 2011 11:24 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

My daughter gave me some horses to use for Scape, which I posted a pic of above. They are pretty close in scale and she got these in one of those inexpensive animal tubes. Still trying to find an appropriate sized elephant. If we only do the two for now, I am cool with that.

mac122 August 26th, 2011 11:48 AM

There are a couple Bear figures in the DnD minis that would work. Also, if we change the Lion to a Tiger, there is a figure in Horrorclix called Phantom Maneater that would work.
How about we finish these 4: Mountain Lion, Wolves, Tiger, and Bear? Then if we find good minis for the others, we can revisit the other designs.

Taeblewalker August 26th, 2011 12:51 PM

As long as we don't hold up the process. Let's try to wrap up the animals by Monday.

JC McMinis August 26th, 2011 01:36 PM

I think thats a good idea mac. Are we done with Doc D? Cause he looks good to me

mac122 August 26th, 2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1468778)
As long as we don't hold up the process. Let's try to wrap up the animals by Monday.

Agreed.

I'm happy with Dr. Doolittle (with SirG's edits).

Here are my suggestions for the 4 Animals based on what was presented by LC and JC.
Quote:

Tiger
Ullar
Tiger
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Ferocious
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

FELINE AGILITY
When thisTiger rolls defense dice against an attack from a figure that is adjacent, 1 shield will block all damage.

LETHAL JAWS
When rolling attack dice against a small or medium figure, if this Tiger rolls all skulls, the defending figure cannot roll any defense dice and is
immediately destroyed.

? points
Quote:

MOUNTAIN LION
Ullar
Moutain Lion
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Ferocious

Life 3
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

FELINE AGILITY
When this Mountain Lion rolls defense dice against an attack from a figure that is adjacent, 1 shield will block all damage.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When this Mountain Lion attacks, it may attack one additional time

? points
Quote:

BEAR
Ullar
Bear
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Ferocious

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

MAUL
When rolling attack dice against small or medium figures, if this Bear rolls at least 3 skulls, the defending receives one wound for every skull and cannot roll defense dice.

? points
Quote:

Wolves (Squad of 3)
Aquilla

Lupines
Common Squad
Animals
Wild
Small 3

Life 1
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2

PACK MOVEMENT
You may move up to 6 Wolves that you control each turn. However, you may attack with only 3 Wolves. You may attack with any 3 Wolves, even Wolves that you did not move this turn.

STRENGTH OF THE PACK
When rolling attack dice for a Wolf, roll 1 additional attack die for each Wolf adjacent to the figure being attacked, to a maximum of 2 additional dice.

CLIMB X2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Wolves may double their height.

Points 60

Taeblewalker August 26th, 2011 02:12 PM

The Tiger and Bear seem too similar. The Tiger's power is basically a Chomp version of Maul, and he should probably come in at either at or just under 100 points, using Grimnak as a benchmark. I can't help but wonder if he should be large, though (as in double space Large 4).

The Mountain Lion is well done. I could even see these guys synergizing with the Cat Lord (a Gygaxian 1E MM2 character that I just might do for my next design!).

Rav August 26th, 2011 02:30 PM

Doc D's stats and info look good. As soon as I get home from work I will post any opinions on the animals. Just glancing through it, everything looks good.

Want to say "Thank You" to you guys for inviting me into the design queue. I'm already working on a submission, so I should be ready to roll when it gets to me. I've enjoyed reading the brainstormimg back and forth and looking forward to all future submissions and discussions.

mac122 August 26th, 2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav (Post 1468825)
Doc D's stats and info look good. As soon as I get home from work I will post any opinions on the animals. Just glancing through it, everything looks good.

Want to say "Thank You" to you guys for inviting me into the design queue. I'm already working on a submission, so I should be ready to roll when it gets to me. I've enjoyed reading the brainstormimg back and forth and looking forward to all future submissions and discussions.

Welcome aboard!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1468816)
The Tiger and Bear seem too similar. The Tiger's power is basically a Chomp version of Maul, and he should probably come in at either at or just under 100 points, using Grimnak as a benchmark. I can't help but wonder if he should be large, though (as in double space Large 4).

I tried to think of something different for the Bear. Thought about adapting Cyberclaw or Engagement Strike - something that has a penalty for being adjacent to the Bear.
--------------
Here's an idea, though the wording needs some work.

BEAR HUG
If this Bear is engaged with only 1 opponent's Small or Medium figure, that figure may not move. A figure affected by Bear Hug may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures affected by Bear Hug subtract 1 die from their Attack and Defense.

Sort of Cyberclaw light. If the Bear can concentrate on only one opponent, it can hold it there and that figure is less effective.

JC McMinis August 26th, 2011 04:28 PM

How about this for the Bear. Sort of how a bear stands up on its back legs.

Rearing Up (???)
When this bear attacks or is attacked by an adjacent small or medium figure that occupies a space on the same height as this bear, this bear is considered to have height advantage.

Lamaclown August 26th, 2011 07:17 PM

Only have had time to do a quick check in a few times today (I am coordinating a church event this weekend so I have been extremely busy today).

Everything is looking great! I hope to actually have some real time to comment later tonight.

mac122 August 26th, 2011 07:23 PM

This is Lamaclown:
:cool:
This is Lamaclown coordinating a church event:
Spoiler Alert!

Lamaclown August 26th, 2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1468976)
This is Lamaclown:
:cool:
This is Lamaclown coordinating a church event:
Spoiler Alert!

ROFLOL!
You have obviously been spying on me today :)

If I could +Rep you I would.