Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai February 4th, 2013 02:20 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Current:

Thomas Hunter
Aquilla
Human
Unique Hero
Protector
Resolute

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2

THOMAS OF HUNTER
Start the game with 5 Ability Glyphs face down next to this card. Whenever Thomas Hunter successfully uses his Time Out Special Power, choose a Ability Glyph and place it power-side up on this Army Card, up to a maximum of 3 Ability Glyphs. For the rest of the game, Thomas Hunter may use any Ability Glyph on this card as if it a Special Power on his card. Add 1 die to Thomas Hunter's attack and defense for each Ability Glyph on this card.

UNDERESTIMATED
If there is at least one Treasure Glyph or Ability Glyph on this card, opponent's figures roll 1 less attack die when attacking Thomas Hunter with a normal attack.

TIME OUT
If Thomas Hunter receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may remove an unrevealed order marker from this card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, ignore any wounds just received.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ability Glyphs
Quote:

WUSHU/WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
When this figure attacks with a normal attack it may attack any or all figures adjacent to it. Roll each attack separately.

TACTICAL SWITCH
When this figure attacks an opponent's Small or Medium figure, before rolling the attack dice, you may switch this figure with the defending figure. After switching spaces, this figure must continue that attack, if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Tactical Switch never take any leaving engagement attacks. An opponent's figure may be moved by Tactical Switch only once per turn.

COUNTERSTRIKE
When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.

TACTICIAN
Friendly figures adjacent to the figure that controls this Ability Glyph may add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense.

FIELD GENERAL
After revealing an Order Marker on the figure that control's this Ability Glyph's card, before taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with any squad you control.
Treasure Glyphs
Quote:

Black Powder Bombs Special Attack
Temporary Treasure Glyph
Range 5. Lob 12. Attack 3.
Instead of attacking normally Thomas Hunter may use his Black Powder Bombs Special Attack. Choose a figure to attack, no clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Pistol
Permanent Treasure Glyph
When attacking, this figure may use the Pistol Special Attack.
Pistol Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 2.
This figure may attack up to 3 times each turn with Pistol Special Attack.

Rifle
Permanent Treasure Glyph
When attacking, this figure may use Rifle Special Attack.
Rifle Special Attack
Range 10. Attack 1.
Choose a non-adjacent, Small or Medium figure to attack. The chosen figure cannot roll defense dice when attacked by this figures Rifle Special Attack. This figure may not use Rifle Special Attack if it moved this turn.

Hunting Knife
Permanent Treasure Glyph
This figure adds 1 die to its normal attack against adjacent figures.

McHotcakes February 4th, 2013 02:45 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1756882)
Do we want to leave the Treasure glyphs strictly as add-ons for a scenario or try to incorporate them into the character design?

I am also wondering about this. They way he is worded now he only gains ability glyphs through Time Out. Should we make it to where he can gain ability and treasure glyphs through Time Out? Or does that break theme?

Balantai February 4th, 2013 03:23 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
IMO we should leave them for scenarios.

Balantai February 6th, 2013 01:36 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Assuming the treasure glyphs are for scenarios, what kind of cost are we thinking?

EDIT: And for choosing Ability Glyphs, what do you think about making it random?

mac122 February 6th, 2013 02:05 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Yeah, let's leave the T-glyphs for scenarios. Thomas gains knowledge and abilities when he shifts realities he doesn't come back better armed.

If we make it random, it would help keep the cost down a few points. Though, thematically, I think Thomas would gain the knowledge he needed to face the situation he's in. LC? Does it matter which way we go?

THOMAS OF HUNTER
Start the game with 5 Ability Glyphs symbol-side down next to this card. Whenever Thomas Hunter successfully uses his Time Out Special Power, choose an Ability Glyph at random and place it power-side up on this Army Card, up to a maximum of 3 Ability Glyphs. For the rest of the game, Thomas Hunter may use any Ability Glyph on this card as if it a Special Power on his card. Add 1 die to Thomas Hunter's attack and defense for each Ability Glyph on this card.

In his unboosted state, he's about 50 points. If he gets 3 ability glyphs on his card, he's a melee monster at 6 attack, 5 defense, and 3 special attacks or powers to use. Around 160-170? Put his starting cost at 100-120?

McHotcakes February 6th, 2013 02:47 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1758476)
And for choosing Ability Glyphs, what do you think about making it random?

I'm against having random ability glyphs. I feel like thematically Thomas would go to sleep and return with the best set of skills in order to help him win.

JC McMinis February 7th, 2013 09:45 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I like what u you guys have done here with Thomas Hunter. Sickness has finally finished running it's course here. I agree with Mr. Hotcakes on the glyphs not being randon. He would aquire the skills necessary to get the job done.

Balantai February 8th, 2013 11:58 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Any final thoughts, Lama? I think we're close to finalizing this one.

mac122 February 8th, 2013 12:09 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1758526)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1758476)
And for choosing Ability Glyphs, what do you think about making it random?

I'm against having random ability glyphs. I feel like thematically Thomas would go to sleep and return with the best set of skills in order to help him win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1759693)
... I agree with Mr. Hotcakes on the glyphs not being randon. He would aquire the skills necessary to get the job done.

The more I think about it, I agree with this. I believe it fits with how LC described the character.

THOMAS OF HUNTER
Start the game with 5 Ability Glyphs power-side up next to this card. Whenever Thomas Hunter successfully uses his Time Out Special Power, choose an Ability Glyph and place it on this Army Card, up to a maximum of 3 Ability Glyphs. For the rest of the game, Thomas Hunter may use any Ability Glyph on this card as if it were a Special Power on his card. Add 1 die to Thomas Hunter's attack and defense for each Ability Glyph on this card.

Balantai February 8th, 2013 12:13 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1760037)
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1758526)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1758476)
And for choosing Ability Glyphs, what do you think about making it random?

I'm against having random ability glyphs. I feel like thematically Thomas would go to sleep and return with the best set of skills in order to help him win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1759693)
... I agree with Mr. Hotcakes on the glyphs not being randon. He would aquire the skills necessary to get the job done.

The more I think about it, I agree with this. I believe it fits with how LC described the character.

THOMAS OF HUNTER
Start the game with 5 Ability Glyphs power-side up next to this card. Whenever Thomas Hunter successfully uses his Time Out Special Power, choose an Ability Glyph and place it on this Army Card, up to a maximum of 3 Ability Glyphs. For the rest of the game, Thomas Hunter may use any Ability Glyph on this card as if it were a Special Power on his card. Add 1 die to Thomas Hunter's attack and defense for each Ability Glyph on this card.

Sounds good, Mac.

Lamaclown February 8th, 2013 12:57 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Sorry for my absence (again). I am definitely up for non-random glyphs. That is more in line with how Thomas operated in the books.

What mac has there looks good to me,

Balantai February 8th, 2013 12:58 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Current:

Thomas Hunter
Aquilla
Human
Unique Hero
Protector
Resolute

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2

THOMAS OF HUNTER
Start the game with 5 Ability Glyphs power-side up next to this card. Whenever Thomas Hunter successfully uses his Time Out Special Power, choose an Ability Glyph and place it on this Army Card, up to a maximum of 3 Ability Glyphs. For the rest of the game, Thomas Hunter may use any Ability Glyph on this card as if it were a Special Power on his card. Add 1 die to Thomas Hunter's attack and defense for each Ability Glyph on this card.

UNDERESTIMATED
If there is at least one Treasure Glyph or Ability Glyph on this card, opponent's figures roll 1 less attack die when attacking Thomas Hunter with a normal attack.

TIME OUT
If Thomas Hunter receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may remove an unrevealed order marker from this card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, ignore any wounds just received.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ability Glyphs
Quote:

WUSHU/WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
When this figure attacks with a normal attack it may attack any or all figures adjacent to it. Roll each attack separately.

TACTICAL SWITCH
When this figure attacks an opponent's Small or Medium figure, before rolling the attack dice, you may switch this figure with the defending figure. After switching spaces, this figure must continue that attack, if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Tactical Switch never take any leaving engagement attacks. An opponent's figure may be moved by Tactical Switch only once per turn.

COUNTERSTRIKE
When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.

TACTICIAN
Friendly figures adjacent to the figure that controls this Ability Glyph may add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense.

FIELD GENERAL
After revealing an Order Marker on the figure that control's this Ability Glyph's card, before taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with any squad you control.
Treasure Glyphs
Quote:

Black Powder Bombs Special Attack
Temporary Treasure Glyph
Range 5. Lob 12. Attack 3.
Instead of attacking normally Thomas Hunter may use his Black Powder Bombs Special Attack. Choose a figure to attack, no clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Pistol
Permanent Treasure Glyph
When attacking, this figure may use the Pistol Special Attack.
Pistol Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 2.
This figure may attack up to 3 times each turn with Pistol Special Attack.

Rifle
Permanent Treasure Glyph
When attacking, this figure may use Rifle Special Attack.
Rifle Special Attack
Range 10. Attack 1.
Choose a non-adjacent, Small or Medium figure to attack. The chosen figure cannot roll defense dice when attacked by this figures Rifle Special Attack. This figure may not use Rifle Special Attack if it moved this turn.

Hunting Knife
Permanent Treasure Glyph
This figure adds 1 die to its normal attack against adjacent figures.
With Lama's approval, I'm happy with this. :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.