Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

Hex_Enduction_Hour December 13th, 2016 08:37 PM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I don't watch television, but today my wife is sick on the couch, waiting for the news and watching something or other. This Petco commercial caught my attention too late. I was cracking up, but had to hunt it down online and to understand the set-up. And, oh Yeah, the dad looks like Truth with a cookie duster

Agent Minivann December 13th, 2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour (Post 2125568)
I don't watch television, but today my wife is sick on the couch, waiting for the news and watching something or other. This Petco commercial caught my attention too late. I was cracking up, but had to hunt it down online and to understand the set-up. And, oh Yeah, the dad looks like Truth with a cookie duster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qRIJdwG3Y

Reminds me of one from last year.

Hex_Enduction_Hour December 17th, 2016 12:23 PM

Targeted audiences are interesting for commercials.
These four from POM are cool-looking and aimed at who, folks like me?

Dad_Scaper December 17th, 2016 02:02 PM

Those are great.

I finally watched the last few episodes of Luke Cage over the last couple of days. I liked it. If I hadn't been spoiled by better shows in the last two years or so - Daredevil, Season 1 of Arrow, Jessica Jones - I probably would have liked it more.

I thought a couple of the important characters were either not credible or uninteresting, which is a problem they've mostly avoided in the other Netflix shows. Mike Colter as Luke Cage is great, though, as I might have written here back when I was singing the praises of Jessica Jones.

Tornado December 17th, 2016 03:03 PM

Still need to finish Cage myself.

Really looking forward to Iron Fist and Defenders.

Hahma December 17th, 2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2126388)
Those are great.

I finally watched the last few episodes of Luke Cage over the last couple of days. I liked it. If I hadn't been spoiled by better shows in the last two years or so - Daredevil, Season 1 of Arrow, Jessica Jones - I probably would have liked it more.

I thought a couple of the important characters were either not credible or uninteresting, which is a problem they've mostly avoided in the other Netflix shows. Mike Colter as Luke Cage is great, though, as I might have written here back when I was singing the praises of Jessica Jones.

Luke Cage was an ok series, definitely my least favorite or the Netflix Marvel series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2126392)
Still need to finish Cage myself.

Really looking forward to Iron Fist and Defenders.

Yeah, me too. I'm hoping they get back on track with better writing with those two series.

Ninja Status December 17th, 2016 11:49 PM

Relating back to what people were talking about concerning GOT. I have no idea how they're gonna fit all the stuff (spoilers) into 11 episodes; way too much to wrap up in so little time.

~NS, hoping for more.

Tornado December 18th, 2016 12:09 AM

Drunk History.
White Rabbit Project. Stars the three assistants in Myth Busters.

chas December 25th, 2016 05:22 AM

Watched my brand new Legend of Korra complete DVD set of 52 episodes! Along the way, discovered I never saw the third season (of four). Wow, a whole bunch of "new" episodes for me! The Red Lotus Society deals death and destruction that also resonates into the fourth season.

Following up on another scan of the even longer entire Avatar series, this was a dynamite binge viewing experience. There's nothing like actually watching the whole work in order, and noticing new things I never noticed before. Its probably the best animated work ever produced in the USA.

Now on to all those Episode Commentaries...

Tornado December 25th, 2016 09:11 AM

I will have to check that out.
Merry Christmas chas.

Everyone knows the best animated work in the USA is the Herculoids. :)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...10b5fb7113.jpg

Tornado January 19th, 2017 09:24 PM

PBS: Austin City Limits: Cyndi Lauper

Damn she can still blow. Incredibly impressive.

For country fans, she does mostly country covers in this set.

Finishes with True Colors acapella. Wow, just wow.

TheAverageFan February 2nd, 2017 03:35 PM

Watched the new Series of Unfortunate Events show on Netflix. It was meh. They really ramped up the quirkiness to 11 with it. It makes it a little hard to be invested. It's been a really long time since I read the books but I remember it balancing the humor and the dark tone a bit better. Maybe that's just my memory or maybe a lot of the aspects don't translate to film all that well, but I digress.

The child actors also really suck, Violet in particular. Stranger Things had such good child actors--so it's not like Netflix shows can't do it. I really like Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf though: he really hams it up but he makes it work. If I watch any future seasons it'll be for him.

~TAF