Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bay Area 'Scapers: Pre Holiday Skirmish? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=13591)

RoninValentina October 28th, 2007 05:00 AM

Bay Area 'Scapers: Pre Holiday Skirmish?

The holidays might be approaching, but I wanna play some more Heroscape! I'm figuring some of you do too. So let's discuss and make something happen, yo.

I'm willing to host a day of Heroscape; I have a decent sized place in San Jose. I realize for some of you that came to NHSD '07 that San Jose might be a little further than Dnutt's place. I would not be object to 'Scaping in Oakland again, but I don't quite think I can volunteer Dnutt's house. :wink: As for a date? My first thought was Nov. 10. The pro is it's plenty before Thanksgiving, so hopefully a gameday wouldn't conflict with travel plans of family visits, and so on. The obvious con is the 10th is just barely two weeks away. Might not be enough notice to plan an event. If the 10th isn't viable, then my next thought would be probably the 8th of December. (Both dates are Saturdays.) More time to plan and let people work out their schedules, and hopefully spaced enough between Thanksgiving and Christmas to not interfer with either holiday. I prefer the 10th, however. It's sooner. :mrgreen:

So! What say you, Bay Area 'Scapers? I wanna game. You wanna game too, right? Right?

Otherwise, you know you're just gonna have a certain monkey on your back all the way into 2008.

Hex_Enduction_Hour October 28th, 2007 06:23 PM

I'd love to visit and game, Ronin, but I'm out of town that weekend.
:cry:
And you're going to have to make your way to Newark for one of my Friday/Saturday sessions...just not anytime soon.
:cry: :cry:

For what it's worth? My monkey's huge n heavy.

Wind Lane October 28th, 2007 06:49 PM

I'm in for either day (or both). More play time is always a good thing. Let me know what I can do to help and I'll get it covered (as long as it's not something like...buying you things :wink: ).

Keep me posted! :D

RoninValentina October 28th, 2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
I'd love to visit and game, Ronin, but I'm out of town that weekend.
And you're going to have to make your way to Newark for one of my Friday/Saturday sessions...just not anytime soon.
:cry: :cry:

For what it's worth? My monkey's huge n heavy.

I'd be happy to come out and play sometime, you have to let me know when. It'll be nice to meet you Hex, since I'm pretty shore you didn't make it for NHSD. And if the 10th is no good for you, how about the 8th? Since I'd like a sizable number of people to show, I'll go with a date that works for the most people.

Both days, Windlane? Ambitious! I like it. Dunno if most people could swing both, but it's not like you and I live so far apart. Hopefully some of the other locals will chime in in a day or so. See what we get.

Malechi October 28th, 2007 07:41 PM

Too far for me (heck, my headache got so bad coming home from Dnutt's last Saturday I had to get a hotel room as I could no longer drive)

Hex_Enduction_Hour October 29th, 2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoninValentina
And if the 10th is no good for you, how about the 8th? Since I'd like a sizable number of people to show, I'll go with a date that works for the most people.

Ah man, you're awesomely accomodating. Thanks for the date choice, but the 8th will definitely be out for me.
We'll have to hook up sometime before the new year. My wife is much more receptive of longer game sessions if I'm close by to assist with emergencies or crazy tasks in managing three children.
As well, we bought a vacation place and when the vacation time and summer comes, we'll now be absent from the bay area. It's a great getaway, but my HS playing time has taken a direct hit.

RoninValentina October 29th, 2007 03:14 AM

Sorry to hear you'll be out Malechi, but I completely understand. I understand it was a sizeable trip to Oakland for you; I was thinking you'd be discinlined towards an additional 45 minute drive. I would be too. Hopefully you'll get another chance to 'scape soon.

Well Hex, I should have space to fit six maps, so I have a reasonable cap for people. The more the merrier. I'm trying to be accomodating. But real life stuff taking precedence over Heroscape? You're not making it easy! :P