Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dayton, Ohio Melee Massacre Jan 6th 2023!! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55148)

outforblood September 29th, 2018 09:29 PM

Re: Dayton, Ohio tournament Sat. Oct 27th!

This event is still happening. Maps are in the works. Should we do a Halloween themed event or maybe have a continuation of NHSD?

flameslayer93 September 29th, 2018 10:05 PM

Up to you, @outforblood .

Halloween could be fun!

outforblood September 30th, 2018 10:59 AM

I think we're going for a continuation of NHSD! "Round 2, the fight continues!" (For the truly hardcore scapers that didn't get enough from the previous weekend) lol

Bring 2 525 point armies, no Marvel.

See op for details!

outforblood October 8th, 2018 03:31 PM

Updated 10/8!! See op.

Let me know who can make it!

lefton4ya October 8th, 2018 04:16 PM

I'll be there.

NecroBlade October 8th, 2018 09:00 PM

I make no promises yet, but I may be able to put together a small road trip of Louisvillians. (Also, fyi, it's C3V not CV3.)

outforblood October 8th, 2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 2227824)
I make no promises yet, but I may be able to put together a small road trip of Louisvillians. (Also, fyi, it's C3V not CV3.)

Awesome! And thanks for the correction. Lol

NecroBlade October 9th, 2018 06:15 PM

So the format is bring two 525-point armies... then what? How are they decided each round? Cut-the-cake or something like that, or simply assigned Army 1 and Army 2 then each round "everyone plays with Army 1/2", or what?

lefton4ya October 9th, 2018 09:18 PM

Good questions. For those who don't know, these are all take-two formats:

All start with: Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players.
The other options are:
  • Take 2 - The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.
  • Cut the Cake - The winner of the dice-off will chose to Cut the Cake, or defer to the other player. Whoever Cuts the Cake, will chose two of the four armies that will be used in the game. The other player will chose which of those two armies they will play, leaving the other one for their opponent to use.
  • Pick Your Poison - Each person picks an army for opponent to play from opponent's army pool only. Winner of dice-off picks first or can defer.
  • Reverse the Whip - Each person picks an army to play themselves from opponents pool only. Winner of dice-off picks first or can defer.

I like Cut the Cake best of these, but also did a tournament before where each round it alternated so you had to bring to good but not great armies as you would play some games against your best army and others with your worst army (in your opponent's opinion).

Deroche October 10th, 2018 12:00 PM

I also like Cut the Cake.

outforblood October 10th, 2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBlade (Post 2228001)
So the format is bring two 525-point armies... then what? How are they decided each round? Cut-the-cake or something like that, or simply assigned Army 1 and Army 2 then each round "everyone plays with Army 1/2", or what?

Yo, we are still working out the details. I'll update soon.

outforblood October 14th, 2018 06:55 AM

Updated. (See op)
Format- bring one 525 point army. C3V is welcome. No Marvel. We're keeping it simple since it's our very first tourney!

Most of the maps will also be pre-assembled so clean up will be fast.
Bring your own wound markers/counters. (D6 dice also work great) I forgot mine last time and it sucked.