Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GreyOwl's Customization Tools-10/11 Cust. Compendium 2nd ed. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10735)

GreyOwl August 7th, 2007 01:56 PM

GreyOwl's Customization Tools-10/11 Cust. Compendium 2nd ed.

Customizing Compendium

Click on the book cover to download the PDF (11 MB).

Abbreviations used in this list:

XT - extra text area (for special abilities, similar to Master Woo's card)
DO - destructible objects
MO - melee objects

All card template borders include an "overhang" folder, which contains the same borders with a 1/8" border around the edges to make it easier to cut without showing any white around the edges.

Classic HeroScape Tools

Card Templates

NOTE: Aquilla borders and backgrounds are thanks to Griffin. Although I modified them somewhat to fit into my templates, a great majority of the work on these was done by Griffin. Thanks again! :)Other
Modern HeroScape ("Marvel") Tools
Card Templates
Other
  • --broken links ----------------------------------------------
  • Flying Logos (old one by Allskulls and new one by Griffin)
  • Superstrength Logo
  • NM24 Logos
    --------------------------------------------------------------
  • Comic Publisher Logos (2000 AD, Crossgen, Crusade, Danger Girl, Dark Horse, DC, Image, Marvel, Mavel MC2, Ultimate Marvel, Marvel Zombies, Top Cow, Vertigo)
  • Base Stickers

Probability Calculator

An Excel spreadsheet to caculate probabilites of various Heroscape dice combinations. Great for balancing your customs, since not everything is as intuitive as it first seems. Supports:
  • Probability of rolling at least a certain number of one type (skull, shield, etc.) on any # of dice.
  • Probability of causing any # of wounds given a certain Attack and Defense value. Includes support for auto skulls, auto shields, and each skull or shield rolled counting as more than 1. Show average # of attacks required to cause the damage and the average # of rounds needed to cause it.
  • Probability of rolling a certain # or higher on a 20-sided die.
Download: Probability Tool--broken link --

Eclipse August 7th, 2007 03:40 PM

:bowdown:

Seriously, these are fantastic tools. My City of Customs got so much better with these. Such an awesome service for the community! Great work!

:bowdown:

hi1hi1hi1hi1 August 7th, 2007 05:48 PM

:thumbsup: Yes they are amazing, if I ever decide to make my own superhero cards, I'll definately use everything here. Great collection GreyOwl!

Boromir_and_kermit August 7th, 2007 09:45 PM

These are excellent GreyOwl!! :banana: (I always wanted to use that emoticon)

Doc_Savage August 7th, 2007 11:41 PM

I was wondering if someone had made a Marvelscape base sicker, and here it is. Thank you!

Lotus August 8th, 2007 12:08 AM

This is great, very nice. Now, if only we had some GIMP templates with the Text already allocated with the correct font, unfortunately, that font is apparently not with most PC's, shame.

I use Comic Sans MS Bold for most of my stuff, while in no way near official, it gives them the nice Comic book style :)

GreyOwl August 8th, 2007 12:59 AM

Updated the first post so it is more readable. The font settings are now in a downloadable PDF file. I also added several logos I commonly use.

As far as GIMP templates, I don't know anything about that since I don't use GIMP. I use Photoshop for images and composite the card image layers and text in Microsoft Publisher. I could provide those templates, but they aren't worth much without the fonts. They're also set up as mail merge templates to pull in all my card data from Excel, so they won't be useful without the whole package (can you tell I'm a programmer ? :) ). It's nice, because if I want to change something on a card, I just update the text in Excel and Publisher rebuilds the completed card. Piece of cake! :)

I'd like to eventually get the Excel/Publisher system more user friendly so others can use it, but it isn't quite there yet. It's a pain to set up and maintain, though actually using it is pretty simple. I think allskulls was going to try it out but I haven't heard back how it went.

allskulls August 8th, 2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl
I'd like to eventually get the Excel/Publisher system more user friendly so others can use it, but it isn't quite there yet. It's a pain to set up and maintain, though actually using it is pretty simple. I think allskulls was going to try it out but I haven't heard back how it went.

Sorry, I hadn't got back to you. I just upgraded to Office 2007 and I opened up the files to see what I can do but I haven't spent much time with it yet. It does seem like it would be pretty simple once I dive into it. A tutorial would help the process :D

BIGJIM August 8th, 2007 01:31 AM

Glade you shared this with the community of Heroscapers. Will take full advantage of this , thank you again :bowdown:

whitestuff August 8th, 2007 02:21 AM

Quote:

I use Photoshop for images and composite the card image layers and text in Microsoft Publisher. I could provide those templates, but they aren't worth much without the fonts. They're also set up as mail merge templates to pull in all my card data from Excel, so they won't be useful without the whole package (can you tell I'm a programmer ? :) ). It's nice, because if I want to change something on a card, I just update the text in Excel and Publisher rebuilds the completed card. Piece of cake! :)

I have all of the appropriate software and fonts. Can I have a copy (with some brief instructions on how to set it up)? It certainly seems like it would save you time.

GreyOwl August 8th, 2007 09:28 AM

I will package it up and send you a link to download it. You can be a beta-tester! :) By the way, you will need the Excel and Microsoft Publisher versions from Office 2007.

whitestuff August 8th, 2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

I will package it up and send you a link to download it. You can be a beta-tester! :) By the way, you will need the Excel and Microsoft Publisher versions from Office 2007.

So 2003 version won't cut the mustard?