Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Project (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Godzilla and friends (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56021)

Yodaking July 31st, 2019 05:12 PM

Re: Margloth's Ex-Hero Ramblings Thread

I wouldn't want to have all my huge monster figures tied at the hip with each other.

Soundwarp SG-1 July 31st, 2019 05:25 PM

Adjacency doesn't really work for Godzilla (even shrunk Godzilla) that well practically IMO, and that feels a bit too passive to me. Hmm, maybe more of like... if he has wounded at least one enemy huge figure during the round, then he adds 1/subtracts 1 for all huge friendlies/enemies on the field? Feels a bit more Godzilla to me, where he lands a blow on some previously invincible monster guy and is like 'nope, this is still my house botch'. I guess that would technically make him kinda a counter draft... but honestly I'm fine with him only really leading monsters against other monsters.

MrNobody July 31st, 2019 05:27 PM

Yeah I was trying to go fairly light to avoid it being the defining element of the design, but you guys have solid points about the adjacency. I like Sideswipe’s take.

quozl July 31st, 2019 05:29 PM

Godzilla and friends

I thought we should move all this stuff here.

Anyone have links to Godzilla designs?

Lazy Orang July 31st, 2019 05:29 PM

I wouldn't want to see him too synergistic or counterdrafty.... but a light touch I'm good with.

IAmBatman July 31st, 2019 05:33 PM

I like King of the Monsters, but I'd have the defensive subtraction apply to all opponent's figures. He should intimidate everyone.

MrNobody July 31st, 2019 05:36 PM

Re: Godzilla and friends

I did a Godzilla design a long time back. It’s linked in my public design workshop.

Yodaking July 31st, 2019 05:43 PM

Was wondering if maybe he would be better off offering a group of monsters some OM flex for the "King of the Monsters" power. After seeing Soundwarp's post, I could also see it working like a Master Motivator type of power. He lands a big blow, and triggers a follow up attack by another huge monster/creature.

KING OF THE MONSTERS
After taking a turn with Godzilla, if he inflicted two or more wounds with his normal attack this turn, you may take an immediate turn with any other Huge Monster or Creature Hero you control within clear sight of Godzilla, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

Huge Creatures: Dragon Man

quozl July 31st, 2019 05:45 PM

Kaiju shouldn't have synergy.

MrNobody July 31st, 2019 05:46 PM

I like opening it up a bit more to all Huge figures or all Creatures, if only so we don’t have to design a whole bunch of giant monsters to make him feel worthwhile.

IAmBatman July 31st, 2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2300767)
Kaiju shouldn't have synergy.

While I don't 100% agree, I think eventy event heroes work best when they're at least 95% stand alone. I should be able to run Godzilla by himself and enjoy it as an army of one. Especially with the bigger of the two, of course.

Soundwarp SG-1 July 31st, 2019 06:05 PM

I thought the whole idea with doing two of them was to have a big 'ragh destruction!' Godzilla and a smaller 'good guy' Godzilla. :shrug: 'Good guy' Godzilla totally does work with other monsters all the time.

Personally, I feel like a minor attack boost isn't really make or break synergy anyway. Especially if the same power is also hitting enemies' defense. Like if he's 400+ points and has a crazy atomic breath attack and such he would hardly be undraftable without other huge dudes. I wouldn't want to see something to the level of Master Motivator though, that's a bit too much IMO. OM efficiency would really be more Mothra's bailiwick I'd think.

Though I guess the question is which comic book versions to specifically tie the two sizes to, and if there is a proper 'good guy' Godzilla in comic books. Which I'd have to look up, since honestly all Godzilla media tends to blend together for me after a while.