Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hi1's Supers - Pyro & Destiny (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10886)

hi1hi1hi1hi1 August 10th, 2007 08:35 PM

Hi1's Supers - Pyro & Destiny

Thanks for looking at my customs! I hope you find that whatever figure you are searching for is unique and innovative. As a creator I try my best to research a figure fully before laying its stats out on paper. Perceptions of characters always differ, but I hope that you still find some enjoyable creations here. I put a lot of hours into these figures; thank you and enjoy!

As always feel free to leave a comment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fully Tested and Approved (36 Cards)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Waves (116 Cards, 9 Waves)

Spoiler Alert!

Full Index of Cards (254 Cards, 8 NM24)
Spoiler Alert!

rdhight August 10th, 2007 08:51 PM

So no matter how many players there are or who wins init, there's always a 4/5 chance that 3-D Man will get the first, free turn on any given round, before any order markers are revealed?

Also, you need to specify which applies first, Skrull Sense or Shard of Light. It's the difference between moving 12 or 18 spaces with a Skrull on the board, then on the next turn, attacking that Skrull with 12 or 18 dice.

I was going to say that maybe Skrull Sense should also grant temporary disengage, but with the opportunity for at least 12 move on one turn, then 6 move and 12 attack on the next turn, a disengagement strike here and there is the least we can ask.

IAmBatman August 10th, 2007 08:52 PM

Shard of Light is wicked. Having the ability to have either 9 move, 9 attack, or 9 defense for a full set of turns at a time is pretty powerful. His base stats are only so-so, but he can easily add to them when he needs to with Shard of Light. The fact that he needs to be summoned, and that he needs to be in the same army as Hal (adding 50 to his cost, essentially), keeps him balanced somewhat, but I'd need to do playtesting to make sure he's ok. My instinct (though he has a lot of weaknesses balancing him out), is that with only a 4 roll required for the summoning power, he might be a tad undercosted at 220 (Hal's points added on). I'd say he's darn close, though, and I can't see any flaws with the powers. Fun, interesting, and well put together first Marvel custom, Hi! :D

rdhight August 10th, 2007 08:56 PM

That's 9 move, 9 attack, or 9 defense as desired on each individual turn, not as desired for each round.

hi1hi1hi1hi1 August 10th, 2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdhight
So no matter how many players there are or who wins init, there's always a 4/5 chance that 3-D Man will get the first, free turn on any given round, before any order markers are revealed?

No, 3-D Man can only be summoned at the start of your turn with Hal. How should I word that to be more clear, since you didn't see it that way? I'll make it say "At the start of a turn with Hal..."

Quote:

Also, you need to specify which applies first, Skrull Sense or Shard of Light. It's the difference between moving 12 or 18 spaces with a Skrull on the board, then on the next turn, attacking that Skrull with 12 or 18 dice.

Good call, but I don't think its possible to get the 18. I said "he has triple his normal number for the choosen stat." If that is unclear any suggestion to clarify it.

Quote:

I was going to say that maybe Skrull Sense should also grant temporary disengage, but with the opportunity for at least 12 move on one turn, then 6 move and 12 attack on the next turn, a disengagement strike here and there is the least we can ask.

Yea, I don't want him to be too powerful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Shard of Light is wicked. Having the ability to have either 9 move, 9 attack, or 9 defense for a full set of turns at a time is pretty powerful. His base stats are only so-so, but he can easily add to them when he needs to with Shard of Light. The fact that he needs to be summoned, and that he needs to be in the same army as Hal (adding 50 to his cost, essentially), keeps him balanced somewhat, but I'd need to do playtesting to make sure he's ok. My instinct (though he has a lot of weaknesses balancing him out), is that with only a 4 roll required for the summoning power, he might be a tad undercosted at 220 (Hal's points added on). I'd say he's darn close, though, and I can't see any flaws with the powers. Fun, interesting, and well put together first Marvel custom, Hi! :D

What rdhight said, it is one of those stats at nine from the start of his turn to the start of his next turn. Yea the point total was pretty much a guess. I will get to testing him soon, as soon as the powers are cleared up, I test my customs.

rdhight August 10th, 2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Quote:

No, 3-D Man can only be summoned at the start of your turn with Hal. How should I word that to be more clear, since you didn't see it that way? I'll make it say "At the start of a turn with Hal..."

Sorry, I just read it too fast. I was used to the "Before taking a turn with..." wording.

Quote:

Quote:

Good call, but I don't think its possible to get the 18. I said "he has triple his normal number for the choosen stat." If that is unclear any suggestion to clarify it.

I would just change Shard of Light to "increase the chosen statistic by 6" and let Skrull Sense "roll 3 additional attack and defense dice." Receiving and tripling sounds too much like might be able to get them (early on because there's a skrull), then triple them (later when he makes the choice to put his shard there).

And did you mean to make him near-useless when played on the same team as a friendly skrull, or was that intentional?

Also, congratulations on winning a Woo, you deserve it!

hi1hi1hi1hi1 August 10th, 2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I just read it too fast. I was used to the "Before taking a turn with..." wording.

Hmmm... that wording is more standard, I think I will change it.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would just change Shard of Light to "increase the chosen statistic by 6" and let Skrull Sense "roll 3 additional attack and defense dice." Receiving and tripling sounds too much like might be able to get them (early on because there's a skrull), then triple them (later when he makes the choice to put his shard there).

And did you mean to make him near-useless when played on the same team as a friendly skrull, or was that intentional?

Also, congratulations on winning a Woo, you deserve it!

Thanks! And you make a good point on the friendly Skrull thing, no that was not the point. I will change that right away. I'll have the updated card up very shortly. Thanks for all the help so fast!

EDIT: I think they are all good now (F5 for changes), wording wise at least. I need to playtest them and find a figure for Hal's hitzone. If anyone has a suggestion or something I overlooked, don't feel shy.

hi1hi1hi1hi1 August 11th, 2007 09:57 AM

And here's the next guy on the list:

8-BALL (info) - A Sleepwalker villain who uses a magnetized pool stick to shoot objects at super high speeds.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...ons/8-Ball.jpg

IAmBatman August 11th, 2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

That's 9 move, 9 attack, or 9 defense as desired on each individual turn, not as desired for each round.

That's what I meant by a full set of turns - one of his, one of the opponent's. If anything, that flexibility makes him much more powerful than if it were a full round boost.

IAmBatman August 11th, 2007 12:15 PM

I wonder if you shouldn't change "Before taking a turn" on Hal's card to "Before moving" as I assume you can only do the roll afer initiating Hal's turn marker, and the immediate turn with 3D man replaces the turn Hal would have had on that marker?

hi1hi1hi1hi1 August 11th, 2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I wonder if you shouldn't change "Before taking a turn" on Hal's card to "Before moving" as I assume you can only do the roll afer initiating Hal's turn marker, and the immediate turn with 3D man replaces the turn Hal would have had on that marker?

Yea I will change that. You have it correct the immeadiate turn takes the place of Hal's turn. Also I designed shard of light so that it would be flexible, you have to choose if you want the 9 attack or the 9 defense against a raging Hulk.

EDIT: Hal has been updated, hit F5 to see changes. I just need to playtest the points out now. Until the results are in, I recently posted 8-Ball.

hi1hi1hi1hi1 August 11th, 2007 10:12 PM

3-D Man: Playtest Results

3-D Man & Hal Chandler (220) vs Captain America (220)
-Hal rolled intiative, but failed in summoning 3-D Man. He recieved one wound from Cap's Sheild Throw.
-Hal got intiative and 3-D Man was forced to use Shard of Light on his move to reach Cap. His attack of 3 did nothing, and Cap returned to deal 1 wound to 3-D Man.
-3-D Man attack with a 9 attack and gave Cap 3 wounds. Cap answered back with 2 wounds to 3-D Man.
-Things looked bad when Hal lost intiative. An attack of 4 skulls sealed his destruction.
Analysis: Hal is weak. A defense of 2 and only 3 life, he falls easily. Also with only a 3 move and 1 range on 3-D Man even when Hal rolls to summon him, 3-D Man is forced to use Shard of Light on his movement. This and Hal's re-awakening at the end of the round are two BIG weaknesses limiting his points.

3-D Man & Hal Chandler (220) vs Red Skull (190)
-Hal won intiative and again failed his summoning. Red Skull came within 3 spaces, attempted Dust of Death failed, then dealt Hal 1 damage.
-3-D Man then was summoned and attacked Red Skull, 3 damage. Red Skull gave 3-D man a wound.
-Then 3-D Man attacked Red Skull from height with 10 dice. He rolled 7 skulls.
Analysis: Red Skull didn't really stand a chance against 3-D Man with Shard of Light. He was just too strong.

3-D Man & Hal Chandler (220) vs Captain America (220)
-Captain got intiative and put 1 wound on Hal. Then Hal summonded 3-D Man, but did nothing.
-Cap gave 3-D Man one wound, and 3-D Man retaliated with a 9 attack that killed Captain America.
Analysis: Hmmm... it would seem that one of the Captain America battles was a fluke. Although the overpowering nature of 3-D Man seemed to take Captain America easy. A lot depends on Hal summoning 3-D Man fast.

3-D Man & Hal Chandler (220) vs Iron Man (240)
-Iron Man moved in for an attack first turn, with a double attack of 4. The 2 attacks decimated Hal's defense of 2 and life of 3.
Analysis: Again we see the very weak Hal get destroyed. I think 3-D Man needs a price bump while Hal needs to be knocked down. The 220 seems about right. I am thinking 30points for Hal and 190 for 3-D Man. I need to take him out against multiple superheroes.

3-D Man, Hal Chandler, & Thanos (540) vs Captain America & Silver Surfer(540)
-Surfer attacked with Cosmic Blast and rolled 2 skulls. Hal somehow blocked it. Thanos then went out and gave Surfer 1 wound.
-Cap used Shield Throw to give Hal 2 wounds and nothing to Thanos. Hal summoned 3-D Man who stepped up using his 3 move, meanwhile using Shard of Light on his Defense.
-Silver Surfer attacked 3-D Man's 10 defense (height) and gave 3 wounds. 3-D Man then attacked Surfer with a 9 and infliced only 1 wound.
-Next round Hal came back and was destoryed before he could take a turn. I stopped the test.
Analysis: I had thought that 3-D Man and Hal wound preform better when there were other units to draw fire. The lack of any range and slow movement severely hurts both Hal and 3-D Man.

Possible Changes
-Drop Hal to 30 points.
-Raise 3-D Man to 190 points.
-Make summon 3-D Man occur after Hal takes his move and then allow a full turn with 3-D Man.