Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 10:17 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
Taking a shot at some rules text:

Draftable Vehicle Destructible Objects (VDOs), unlike normal VDOs, act like figure Army Cards in that they have an associated point cost listed on them. Draftable VDOs are drafted the same way as Army Cards. There is no limit (except point cost!) to the number of different Draftable VDOs you can draft, and you can draft any number of the same Common VDOs (indicated in the leftbox). However, like figure Army Cards, each player cannot draft more than one of the same Unique Draftable VDO Army Card (indicated in the leftbox).

Like normal VDOs and other Army Cards, Draftable VDOs each have an associated figure that is placed in the controlling player's start zone at the start of the game and, unlike normal VDOs, are considered in that Player's Army. However, just like a normal VDO, a Draftable VDO is not considered under a Player's control unless that Player has one or more figures occupying that Draftable VDO (see Vehicle Destructible Object rules).

A Draftable VDO follows all other VDO rules.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 10:18 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2207218)
Letting people start off in vehicles might be okay, but it might make them a little too efficient as figure-deployers? That's a factor that would impact their cost, at least.

Sure, but other than being figure deployers, most of them won't have a terrible amount of use. I guess they might be protection for Order Marker hubs that don't require clear sight.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 10:36 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
The start in it power could be unit-specific, I guess. Makes the rules cleaner to put together without it anyhow. My only concern is the other player having start zone rushers on a small map and taking over your vehicle before you can get in it, but I guess if the map is too small vehicles are a waste anyway.

Ronin August 2nd, 2018 10:44 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2207215)
That's definitely something that needs to happen and could be spelled out in a special attack on that VDO's card, IMO.

The other thing we may need to tackle that's going to be a lot lot harder is greater than 2 hex figure/vehicle movement.

Mole Machine sidesteps that issue by pseudo-teleporting. If the Batmobile takes up more than a couple spaces, then yeah, we may need to work something out. Might be a good thing to do anyway, like we were talking about in the Bucket List thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2207235)
The start in it power could be unit-specific, I guess. Makes the rules cleaner to put together without it anyhow. My only concern is the other player having start zone rushers on a small map and taking over your vehicle before you can get in it, but I guess if the map is too small vehicles are a waste anyway.

Yeah, I think it would be easier to start the rules without that, and most units don't need it. We can save that for where it's most thematically needed.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 10:53 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
Cool. Hopefully the draft I put up for the rules text will move us close to the finish line on the rules part of this. Once we wrap that, it's just a matter of creating a draftable VDO to test them with.

Ronin August 3rd, 2018 12:18 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2207220)
Taking a shot at some rules text:

Draftable Vehicle Destructible Objects (VDOs), unlike normal VDOs, act like figure Army Cards in that they have an associated point cost listed on them. Draftable VDOs are drafted the same way as Army Cards. There is no limit (except point cost!) to the number of different Draftable VDOs you can draft, and you can draft any number of the same Common VDOs (indicated in the leftbox). However, like figure Army Cards, each player cannot draft more than one of the same Unique Draftable VDO Army Card (indicated in the leftbox).

Like normal VDOs and other Army Cards, Draftable VDOs each have an associated figure that is placed in the controlling player's start zone at the start of the game and, unlike normal VDOs, are considered in that Player's Army. However, just like a normal VDO, a Draftable VDO is not considered under a Player's control unless that Player has one or more figures occupying that Draftable VDO (see Vehicle Destructible Object rules).

A Draftable VDO follows all other VDO rules.

Does it make sense to have draftable and undraftable VDOs, or should we just make them all draftable?

Retesting and costing the Sports Car and Mole Machine (probably as a Common and a Unique, respectively) would give us a useful test bed for the new rules, and help us figure out how much Vehicles are worth, so I like the idea of making those draftable.

Do we think we'd ever need to design an undraftable one again in the future? They don't seem to have been very attractive to design previously.

IAmBatman August 3rd, 2018 08:25 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
That's a solid point and not having to apply the "draftable" adjective before every other instance of VDO would clean up the rules text. :-)

At that point we'd be looking at a revision of the VDO rules instead of a new set of rules. Do @japes or @A3n still have access to a file they can edit for that?

Also, that's basically a reevaluation at that point (well, one for the rules and one for each vehicle) so it'd be something that would require a whole Hero vote, I'd think.

But, yeah, I'd be in favor. If we're going to make a draftable Batmobile, Mole Man should be able to draft his Mole Machine with him.

Ronin August 3rd, 2018 08:38 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2207294)
That's a solid point and not having to apply the "draftable" adjective before every other instance of VDO would clean up the rules text. :-)

At that point we'd be looking at a revision of the VDO rules instead of a new set of rules. Do @japes or @A3n still have access to a file they can edit for that?

Also, that's basically a reevaluation at that point (well, one for the rules and one for each vehicle) so it'd be something that would require a whole Hero vote, I'd think.

But, yeah, I'd be in favor. If we're going to make a draftable Batmobile, Mole Man should be able to draft his Mole Machine with him.

Yeah, we'll need a formal vote at some point, but I don't think anyone's ever weighed in against the idea when it's brought up.

IAmBatman August 3rd, 2018 08:39 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
Sure, it'd just be good to know we're all buttoned up so we can move forward in confidence. :-) Especially if we're all in agreement to revisit all VDOs as something draftable rather than just adding draftable VDOs to the overall VDO mix.

(I'm on board with you fully, though, for clarity :up: ).

Ronin August 3rd, 2018 12:33 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
Okay, so here's a spin at the rule additions:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1441873)
Legacy Text:

C3G VEHICLE RULES

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS - VEHICLES
Destructible objects are an official inclusion in the game, as seen with the Fortress Door and the Destructible Wall. C3G rules for destructible objects were established in the C3G Destructible Objects Rules. Vehicles are a type of destructible object that follow all of the rules of other destructible objects, but include a few specific to vehicles.

These C3G Vehicle Rules cover the following areas:

- Drafting Vehicles
- Entering Vehicles
- Occupying Vehicles
- Moving Vehicles
- Exiting Vehicles
- Destroying Vehicles

EXAMPLE 1: VEHICLE CARD
(Sample Card here)
A vehicle has three four designations in the left box of its Army Card: uniqueness, size, height, and occupancy. The size and height designations (such as Medium 5) are the same as those found on other figures' Army Cards.

DRAFTING VEHICLES
Vehicle Destructible Objects (VDOs) act like figure Army Cards in that they have an associated point cost listed on them. VDOs are drafted the same way as Army Cards. There is no limit (except point cost!) to the number of different VDOs you can draft, and you can draft any number of the same Uncommon VDOs (indicated in the leftbox). However, like figure Army Cards, each player cannot draft more than one of the same Unique VDO Army Card (indicated in the leftbox).

Like Army Cards, VDOs each have an associated figure that is placed in the controlling player's start zone at the start of the game and are considered in that player's Army. However, a VDO is not considered under a player's control unless that player has one or more figures occupying that VDO (see more below).


(rest of vehicle rules as normal)

EDIT: Addendum for squad movement rules (pending official wording): moving a vehicle replaces the entire movement phase of a squad card, not the movement phase for the swuad figure or figures occupying that vehicle.

I branded them as Unique/Uncommon instead of Unique/Common, because the Sports Car has 4 Life, and I'm not sure we'll ever see a ton of 1-Life vehicles.

So what else are we gonna need to clarify here? I kinda want to have the new rules prototyped before calling for a vote.

Scapemage August 3rd, 2018 12:46 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
This is sounding pretty good. It's not difficult to add a uniqueness to our existing vehicles. Everything else is fairly straightforward.

IAmBatman August 3rd, 2018 12:53 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread
 
That looks solid. Good call on uncommons, though we'll have to be really careful to check for power stacking on them.

I think there may be a sentence in the current rules that says something about your not being able to draft VDOs or them not being in your Army (one or the other). We'll have to find that and make sure to edit it out if we make this change.

So far we just have the Mole Machine (unique) and Sports Car (uncommon) so we should be able to get both types figured out as part of this process, but not have too much we need to reevaluate.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.