Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Battle Royal: How do you vote? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=24221)

Gold1 April 2nd, 2009 01:32 AM

Battle Royal: How do you vote?

I hope with the popularity of the Battle Royal contest that this thread will be equally popular (probably not :roll:).

You go to the polls and you see the lineup. How do you vote? Obviously you vote for one of the two you picked. But which one? Do you pick who you think will be number one, or do you pick the character who you think might need more help, considering of course that you expect your first one to make it 100%

If you check the poll and your unit has no chance of winning who do you vote for? Do you vote at all? Would you vote for a figure in a close tie with the another one so as to mess someone else up? Are you the type that will still stay true to your pick even though the 2nd lowest popular character is beating him by himself?

This is not really meant to be a he/she should have won thread. Just post how you vote, and how it works out for you.:D

Manatee April 2nd, 2009 02:57 AM

Re: Battle Royal: How do you vote?

I vote for whichever figures I like the best.

Revdyer April 2nd, 2009 08:12 AM

I do not check the poll before I cast my vote, thinking that, while legal, is cheesy.

Sinclair5150 April 2nd, 2009 08:37 AM

I voted for the figs I like best, regardless if they'll win or not.

SymphonyScaper April 2nd, 2009 08:54 AM

When I vote, I want to receive as many points as I can, so I usually try to vote strategically around what the community likes. Most of my votes go to my favorites anyway in this way, so I'm happy with that.:D

The Mi-Go 13 April 2nd, 2009 09:00 AM

I made all my picks weeks ago and just pick my #1 and click the little radio button. Ofcourse, my picks are all based off of what the sculpt looks like, and how cool the ability is. I rarely win a game but I have never played a game of HS that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Theme is everything. Hope I answered your question.

Oh, and vote KRUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M13

Land-based AE April 2nd, 2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymphonyScaper (Post 786892)
When I vote, I want to receive as many points as I can, so I usually try to vote strategically around what the community likes. Most of my votes go to my favorites anyway in this way, so I'm happy with that.:D

Same here

Syrn April 2nd, 2009 09:41 AM

I vote for what I predicted, and that in turn was based on what I think everyone else will vote for. Therefore I get points! Kaemon Awa ftw!

1Mmirg April 2nd, 2009 09:50 AM

I made my choices in the Battle Royale based on (A) sculpt, (B) theme, (C) effectiveness, and (D) interest--this, btw, is why I am losing the Battle Royale :P. But I'm enjoying watching the votes. Good times :).

(D) means that I didn't vote for Deathreavers, despite the fact that they have a great sculpt and theme and are highly effective. I've just got jaded on the little rats.

In a few cases (and I am honestly not sure why--I guess nostalgia) I have A, B, & C in a different order, but usually that is the order. A unit has to have a special place for me to make the vote with a poor sculpt.

Theme, btw, are units like Krug and the Zombies--these guys are just loaded with theme. This goes a long way for me.

In a few cases, I knew that my top choice was not going to be the top choice of the general community, but I still kept that top choice in there and made my vote accordingly. My second chioce in all cases is what I thought the community would rank highest (aside from my own first choice)--I clearly didn't go into this to win... But I am absolutely enjoying watching these contests move forward.

Jexik April 2nd, 2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold1 (Post 786814)
You go to the polls and you see the lineup. How do you vote? Obviously you vote for one of the two you picked. But which one? Do you pick who you think will be number one, or do you pick the character who you think might need more help, considering of course that you expect your first one to make it 100%

This doesn't describe my process at all.

I didn't put in an entry, because I don't need another Skahen and didn't feel like filling out the form.

I vote for whoever is the BEST!?*

*Based on which I like to play the most often, for whatever reason, or just who looks the most awesome

Bobofdeath's Dad April 2nd, 2009 10:45 AM

I have been waiting till the evening and voting for the one that would give me the most points for the day.

When I filled out the bracket I based my picks on what I perceived to be the popularity of the figures. Obviously my perceptions have not been very good.

1Mmirg April 2nd, 2009 11:15 AM

I'm interested to see what happens when we get to the later brackets. I think we'll see more people voting for their dog in the race, but we'll also see more people who no longer have a dog in the race (like me, the way I'm going :p).

Btw, Jexik, is that a covert way of saying you are voting for Awasome? :)