Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Project (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Welcome to C3G! Directory (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28312)

hi1hi1hi1hi1 November 26th, 2010 01:02 AM

Re: C3G Public Directory

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 1273208)
Probably a bit too aggressive, but you've got a point.

Eh, I'm probably the oldest of the teenage allies/sidekicks (I'm not gonna talk about maturity because you probably all think I'm really immature :p ), and I've got no privileges other than playing with these awesome units. Well, and discussion and public designs, and heck, just being in this awesome little part of the forum. Like I said, elsewhere, you guys are pretty much my "online" family. I've said that about 'Scapers, but I guess you guys are my "immediate family" while the rest of the site is the inlaws*. :p

*Which, contrary to popular belief, ISN'T a bad thing. :p

And if your not the oldest younger person than I am (though now at 20 I am no longer a teen nor an ally/sidekick). There is no reason that age should be a limiting factor I personally look at and respect the quality of work before I even look at who designed it.

I'm going to refrain from commenting on Griff's post or Scapemage's actions because frankly I do not know what's what. I haven't been around here long enough.

I don't know how many of you were around back on .net, but I was. There was a large issue with elitism in the custom community.

I would not like to see that again.

Griffin November 26th, 2010 01:21 AM

My statement has absolutely nothing to do with "elitism". Look at our track record for inclusion.... heck, we just agreed to bring 3 new guys into the sanctum.

My comments had everything to do with an ungrateful attitude that was alluding to and make a threat on leaving if the individual didn't get what he wanted. That is childish and NONE of us appreciate that. It has been addressed several times too, this isn't the first.

Griffin November 26th, 2010 01:24 AM

We let scape be a member, have a badge, be a sidekick, design, have his design on the front page, become a card artist, invite him into a new sanctum, etc, etc, etc, and it is never enough. There is always ONE more thing that he didn't get and wants to whine about and I am sick of it.

whitestuff November 26th, 2010 03:06 AM

And now for something completely different...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...etpic/2zcg.gif

How cool is that?

BTW, I hope we can also remember to have patience with others who may not have learned the same lessons in life as we have.

Hahma November 26th, 2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 (Post 1273266)
I don't know how many of you were around back on .net, but I was. There was a large issue with elitism in the custom community.

I would not like to see that again.

I lurked on .net and have been at.com since about a month after it started and I've seen a lot of a lot of things here over the years. I know what you're saying and believe me, this situation isn't even close. We haven't heard that ugly word for a while now at C3G and it brings back some bad memories. We have grown quite a bit in the last year and a half and while we've had some growing pains, we've always been about the integrity of C3G products first and foremost. It's not about being elitists or superior, it's about some of us spending an extraordinary amount of our time (people still have no idea the amount of time some of us have invested in this project) to make this be the best that it can be for ourselves and the community. So if someone (not just Scapemage) gets their feelings hurt or offended, it's not a personal thing, but that we are trying to do what's best for the project as a whole. I for one will not invest close to the amount of time I do for some ticky tack half-ass project that is unorganized and doesn't have high standards. Believe me, we have our own share of heated discussions in the Sanctum that people don't see (though they used to when everything was public), so it's not like we treat people different or hold others to higher standards than we hold ourselves to, we expect the same from everyone involved. If one of us messes up, we hear about it, but then we move on.

We've become as inclusive as possible over time, but there is only so much room at the inn. We have no more room for heroes, so if people whine about not being able to be at that level or have full access, (especially after just getting promoted) then too bad for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitestuff (Post 1273302)
And now for something completely different...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...etpic/2zcg.gif

How cool is that?

BTW, I hope we can also remember to have patience with others who may not have learned the same lessons in life as we have.

Great video Whitey, I wonder how many times he landed on his head before getting to that point. :D

I understand what you are saying about patience, but wouldn't this be considered a lesson in life? :) I'm sure the educators out there have to have immeasurable patience, we're not all blessed in that regard I guess. I've gotten better over the years, that said however, when one of my 7 year-old twins whines about something, I tell her to knock it off. She won't get her way with whining around our house and I don't care that she's only 7. I've seen too many parents have problems with kids when they get older (teenage age) because the parents babied them all their lives and then when the kid is a teen and the parent tries to straighten them out, it's too late. Kids are resilient and need structure, love (sometimes tough love) and direction. I'm sure someone with 5 kids knows all about that. :D

Sure Griff can be a little rough sometimes online, but he's gotten better:) It's hard to communicate or express things sometimes in a forum like this without coming off as rough though at times as the facial expressions or tone can't be properly expressed. Also, Griff and Bats are the ones that invest the most amount of time in this project and are expected to be the "answer men" in many cases. They get the most pms I'm sure and have to deal with lots of questions, concerns, complaints etc the most out of any of us. So I can imagine that can get old at times and patience can wear thin once in awhile.

That said, I think we should always strive to be as respectful as possible with each other as much as possible. Truth has set the standard here and that's what's made this site so much better than most others.

Scapemage November 26th, 2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1273185)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scapemage921 (Post 1272991)
Thse numbers impose hope. But again, fighting myself, I fear that sometime in the semi-near future I may be figthing myself to stay interested. One side will be saying "I love this project, and have for a long time. I can't leave now." But the other side will be saying "You have no place here. You haven't progressed in <year, months, etc.>".

OK, gloves off and your about to hear my mind for a quick sec...

Scape, you were made a member of the group, moved up to sidekick, allowed to design several cards, had your design on the front page, gotten TONS of rep from me and I am sure many others, developed some real friendships with some people on here who couldn't stand you months ago, etc, etc, etc, and all in LESS THAN A YEAR.

QUITE YOUR *****ING

Your little pouty, cry baby attitude today shows WHY your not gonna be in the sanctum anytime soon. Your not mature enough. Get over yourself dude. I have had this conversation with you privately recently, and I thought it stuck, apparently not. :? The more you whine about how it isn't fair that your not a Hero in the sanctum, the more you solidify our decision that you shouldn't be.

I hope you can come back on here tomorrow with the right spirit, if not, I would propose that you are not a good representation of a Sidekick, and that you move down to ally and not be allowed to do art work and possibly even design anymore. Maybe if all the things you have received this year were striped from you, you would appreciate them a bit more. As it is, you seem to never be satisfied with your role in the group. Do you plan on moving to the top and one day being the president of C3G? Why is it sooooo important for you to have everything you ever wanted, and why do you need to be in a position of authority sooo bad. Why do you think it is owed to you? We don't owe you Sh!t. You don't us anything either. If you want to walk away WALK AWAY THEN DUDE. But don't think for a second you can get what you want by whining and complaining, creating a pitty party, or alluding to the fact that you may leave if you don't get what you want.

You have received a lot, and honestly, you have earned it. But if you want to at anytime hang up your badge, feel free my friend.

~ Griff, happy with his decision to share this publicly (- rep, come on down, cause I do not care)

You know that was a reference to a possible opinion in the future, right?

I am very happy with where I am right now, and am glad to be a new artist. Can we drop the discussion please? I've moved on, I don't know about you.

Griffin November 26th, 2010 09:46 AM

Scape, you say you move on, and you do, for a week, then you go back to the same old tactics of pity party, whining, woe is me BS and I honestly cant take any more of it.

I want you in this group, and I respect you a great deal for what you do for the group. I have been your biggest advocate since you became a member. It would be terribly sad to have you leave. Just try and understand that from my point of view, we have created sooo many opportunities for you and you have jumped at each one and done a great job, so for you to complain about "not getting all you want" an blaming us for judging you based on your age (13) it is a slap in the face of everyone who has gone out of their way to create those opportunities for you (especially myself). I am a bit disappointed in your attitude yesterday..... sorry for getting so beatchy myself. Lets please try to move past this (again) and not come back here.

Griffin November 26th, 2010 09:46 AM

OK, soooo moving on.

Hahma November 26th, 2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1273394)
OK, soooo moving on.

I had a nice comment regarding your moving on and having a double post about it, but you ninja'd me. :D

Scapemage November 26th, 2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1273393)
Scape, you say you move on, and you do, for a week, then you go back to the same old tactics of pity party, whining, woe is me BS and I honestly cant take any more of it.

I want you in this group, and I respect you a great deal for what you do for the group. I have been your biggest advocate since you became a member. It would be terribly sad to have you leave. Just try and understand that from my point of view, we have created sooo many opportunities for you and you have jumped at each one and done a great job, so for you to complain about "not getting all you want" an blaming us for judging you based on your age (13) it is a slap in the face of everyone who has gone out of their way to create those opportunities for you (especially myself). I am a bit disappointed in your attitude yesterday..... sorry for getting so beatchy myself. Lets please try to move past this (again) and not come back here.

I not once stated that I have not gotten what I want.

Moo!...ving on.

Griffin November 26th, 2010 12:08 PM

Your posts are conveniently deleted, but I can tell that you are not going to fully acknowledge your problem which means that you are destined to never correct it and so you will do the same crap again. And that is fine. If you want to continue to whine and complain, that is your right, just know I am not going to continue to ignore it and give you another chance. I am done with it. Time to grow up.

Hahma November 26th, 2010 12:24 PM

Don't reply Scapemage. This needs to be dropped right freakin' now. Everything that needs to be said has been said from both sides. Enough is enough already!