Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   AotP Strategy Articles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Obvious combo is obvious (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51963)

Aldin July 23rd, 2015 01:18 PM

Obvious combo is obvious

Just getting things rolling with a quick black spell combo:

Use Dark Harvest for the big boost to attack and then Rise of the Dark Realms to buy back the squaddie it just cost you to get a lot of extra attack dice at no cost beyond the spell cards. (Use Liliana's Caress first if you're facing Jace and he might have a Psychic Rebuttal ready to go.)

~Aldin, getting the ball rolling

gamjuven July 23rd, 2015 02:17 PM

Re: Obvious combo is obvious

Chandra summoning Firecats with any number of her spells to boost their power for a powerful haste attack.

Dysole July 23rd, 2015 02:27 PM

Correct Me If I'm Wrong

Under the assumption you can play cards after attacking (I was told this was the case and quozl's scans couldn't confirm it for me). If not, then just remove the attacking bit

Mind Control/Unsummon after attacking followed by Project Self for Blue. (Can reverse order depending on battlefield.

~Dysole, who will probably be more interested in the game once it gives more options

quozl July 23rd, 2015 02:59 PM

Page 6 of the rules says you can play spells on your turn before moving and after attacking.

Aldin July 23rd, 2015 03:35 PM

Just having some fun... how about using Jace's Mindstealer ability on Liliana along with Talent of the Telepath on her graveyarded Rise of the Dark Realms to drop a previously destroyed Leyline Phantom next to her after moving her away from her supporting creatures (and snuffing one of them, naturally)?

~Aldin, eagerly awaiting some in store arrivals

1Mmirg July 23rd, 2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamjuven (Post 2034906)
Chandra summoning Firecats with any number of her spells to boost their power for a powerful haste attack.

Speaking of Chandra (and keeping with the "obvious" part of this thread), it's great to save your Sorcery cards and string them out to keep the Phoenixes around. They aren't powerful, but I often find it worthwhile to put a nice boost on them (Fire-breathing or another), once I have a solid handful of Sorcery cards and know I can keep them around.

DarthJak July 26th, 2015 09:55 AM

those 'lil Phoenixes are great at grapping glyphs.

The_X_Marker August 3rd, 2015 01:13 AM

With a Jace/Liliana team or with Jace against Liliana:

Liliana plays Dark Harvest on whatever she wants. It does stuff.

Jace Misdirects the Dark Harvest onto his Leyline Phantoms for 6A 5D 3 Life creatures and he currently doesn't have to sacrifice any of them for it. They phantom walk to whatever they want to kill. For added fun, Twisted Image will bring them to 8A 3D on their turn and you can throw in whatever Talent of the Telepath brings up.

Was just used in a 5 player FFA, Jace ended up winning pretty handily, taking out all 4 of us. The map was a 5 player one from the gallery that I had built, can't remember the name or find it.

Post 500!

Anitar August 16th, 2015 08:25 PM

Dual Cast Twinflame to get 3 hits per sword. Combine with Seize the Day and one of your Firecats can take two attacks with these astronomical odds.

If you have height or any other attack bonuses - or even if you don't! - your opponent can kiss their Planeswalker goodbye.

GaryLASQ September 4th, 2015 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anitar (Post 2039375)
Dual Cast Twinflame to get 3 hits per sword. Combine with Seize the Day and one of your Firecats can take two attacks with these astronomical odds.

Ouch! Dual Casting on Twinflame. Killer combo. However, you would not also be able to use Seize the Day, because that would be 4 spells on one turn; Twinflame (1), Dual Casting (2), Twinflame again (3), stop. So Dual Casting can only ever be played as the second sorcery spell card during a turn.

Anitar September 4th, 2015 01:33 PM

Well, that ruling hadn't been made when I posted that combo. I suppose I have to stop using it now.

The B.I.V. March 18th, 2021 01:11 AM

Activate Jace, Investigator. Summon Lantern Gheists, look at other player's top card with Eerie Observation. If it's a good sorcery card, leave it on top of that library and use Jace's Search for Answers to play it on your opponent. Boom!

Bump, because I figured out an obvious combo that didn’t need its own thread. With Chandra, hit an enemy squad with Burn From Within, and then use Malevolent Whispers to force one of them to move. Free hit for all members of the squad, plus the obvious free turn.