Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Silk Spectre (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=45120)

IAmBatman October 1st, 2012 01:18 PM

Re: The Book of Silk Spectre ~~ Design Phase

Stay classy, San Diego! :-D

Lord Pyre October 1st, 2012 03:26 PM

I updated this SP wrong, too. I must be losing my mind. Either way, this is a minor wording thing and we already figured this out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Silk Spectre

Is that Phil's daughter? :smile:

Emotional Grounding
Nice defense against folks such as Joker I, though there's no prohibition on putting an Order Marker on the chosen figure's card.

Oh, what if you have Captain Marvel or Black Adam in your army with Silk Spectre and another chosen figure? It seems you would be prohibited from removing OM from the chosen figure with Wisdom of Solomon/Wisdom of Tutti-Frutti-Zahuti.

I wouldn't consider that a problem, because you'd have to factor that in your draft.

Whirlwind Attack
Simple and effective.

Counter Strike
My favorite Heroscape ability, so I naturally like it. Her defense is on the low side for this ability.

Final Thoughts
You've got me psyched for this Watchmen set. Next: Doctor Manhattan. I wonder if he's ever seen the John Adams opera Doctor Atomic? :razz:

Lord Pyre October 1st, 2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth
Looks good. Good fillet unit: a bit niche but good for her points.

Emotional Grounding should probably have an 'optional' wording to it. Something like, "While Silk Spectre is on the battlefield, any time an Order Marker would be removed from the chosen Hero's Army Card, you may choose to prevent that." It would seem weird if Cyclops, Cable, Steve Rogers and Black Adam would not be able to remove OMs if they're on the same side.

I'm also not sure about how I feel about Reluctant as a class. She's reluctant to be in (and at the same time leave) a relationship with Manhattan, but as I recall she's pretty eager to be a hero again. Isn't she the one who talks Dreiberg back into doing it? Maybe just in the movie. Haven't read the book in awhile.

I guess I would prefer Passionate for a personality. Seems like a good fit and a good tie in to Emotional Grounding.

We already covered the OM thing, I'm just incompetent. :p She was also reluctant all through her career, since her mom pushed her into being a hero, to follow in her footsteps. Passionate would work too, otherwise. Anybody have any thoughts? :)

IAmBatman October 1st, 2012 11:35 PM

I like Reluctant fine. :shrug:

Lord Pyre October 13th, 2012 07:11 PM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Silk Spectre

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass Two of my favorite abilities on here, so maybe I’m biased, haha!

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass Cheap, so very draftable.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass Emotional Grounding expectedly rarely comes into play, but it did once, so…

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 90-100
- Give a brief overview. Split down the middle here, just what I like to see! She’s definitely in the 90-100 range. At this level they’re all fairly similar stats. I’m leaning towards 100 in army tests because of the synergies.
Map: Badland Bog, by Nadi

Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 90
- Give a brief overview. She’s a squad killer. She killed two ninja at once, but they avoided her Counterstrike. Cool stuff.
Map: Badland Bog
Units: Hand Ninja x1
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 90-100
- Give a brief overview. It looked bad for Spectre, but then two Amazons with height on her used their normal attack and got killed by counterstrike!
Units: Amazon Warriors x1 (100)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 100
- Give a brief overview. This was a rather boring battle, with everyone jumping on the same 7 hex tile and having a dice fest. She dealt a couple wounds, but it was mostly Batman and Robin who did the most damage here.
Units: Silk Spectre (100), Nite Owl, Robin (Tim), Rorschach, Batman I (690)
Vs.
Dr. Strange, Grey Gargoyle, Lizard (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 100
- Give a brief overview. She didn’t do a ton here, she didn’t really need to with Batman cleaning house with Shadow Strike. If Omni-Man didn’t go out like a chump against Bats, I think he would have decimated the Vigilates. She did get the final kill on Gambit, and prevented Iceman from removing an OM once, so she definitely earned her points.
Units: Silk Spectre (100), Batman II, Punisher, Nomad, Robin (Tim), Robin (Dick), Nite Owl (1010)
VS.
Omni-Man, Professor X, Gambit, Iceman (1020)
Spoiler Alert!

Lord Pyre October 13th, 2012 07:12 PM

She feels kind of like 90 so far, but I think I'm going to bump her to 100 in the army tests because of the synergies!

IAmBatman October 13th, 2012 11:05 PM

Makes sense. Good start! :up:

Lord Pyre October 19th, 2012 04:35 PM

Re: The Book of Silk Spectre ~~ Initial Finished

Holy crap! I finally finished the Initial!

She looks good at 100. Emotional Grounding rarely comes into play, but that was expected.

johnny139 October 19th, 2012 04:37 PM

100 seems a bit on the high side, but she can probably get that high up against squad-heavy armies. Pre-Yea at 100.

Lord Pyre October 19th, 2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1698652)
100 seems a bit on the high side, but she can probably get that high up against squad-heavy armies. Pre-Yea at 100.

Yeah, she decimated that squad of Amazons pretty fast. I wanted to test her against some OM removing figures, since I'm sure the public will pit her again criminals or other squads at some point.

Hahma October 19th, 2012 05:29 PM

Pre-Yea at 100

quozl October 19th, 2012 06:25 PM

Pre-Yea