Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=24781)

skyknight May 5th, 2009 05:32 AM

Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

What really stuck out for me in the game is that it has some mechanics similar to other games most of us have played, yet it blends them into a very nice tapestry. You will feel elements of magic, Scape, Dreamblade, Battleground, Chess, Stratego and a multitude of other games. I also love the simplicity of the game...very easy to pick up...yet great depth to keep a player interested for a very long time. Being a non blind purchase as well this game is a no-brainer.

If you think about it, it truly is a wonder this game has not been made before. Truth has taken all of the things we talk about on a daily basis about what we like and don't like and applied that to his game. So in a way for all of you guys who have not had a chance to play this yet I think you can take comfort in the fact that you likely had something to do with this game. These forums serve as a great soundboard to find out what people truly like and dislike...I don't know if a designer could have a more powerful tool at his disposal.

netherspirit May 5th, 2009 05:50 AM

You mean I'm going to be able to buy Summoner Wars? :woot:

A_Train May 5th, 2009 07:08 AM

I don't know if this questions will be something that you need to keep secret for now, but if not, could you let us know a bit about the units?

The cards I've seen have both been from an elf faction. Do the other factions stay within a fantasy theme of similar genres, or do they cover a wider range, like heroscape, including robots and samurai.

I've never played a card game before, but if I can convince at least one other person in my group to try it, I'll give pick this up.

Onacara May 5th, 2009 07:20 AM

See this game does rock...it lead to a Nether sighting.

Sujoah May 5th, 2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Train (Post 813027)
I don't know if this questions will be something that you need to keep secret for now, but if not, could you let us know a bit about the units?

The cards I've seen have both been from an elf faction. Do the other factions stay within a fantasy theme of similar genres, or do they cover a wider range, like heroscape, including robots and samurai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by truth
The two launch sets are going to be Cave Goblins Versus Guild Dwarves and Phoenix Elves versus Tundra Orcs.

This is what truth said. Still very vauge, though.

Matthias Maccabeus May 5th, 2009 07:52 AM

One more question -

Will there be knights? 8)

nyys May 5th, 2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onacara (Post 813030)
See this game does rock...it lead to a Nether sighting.

Exact thought I had. 8)

gorthan313 May 5th, 2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus (Post 813041)
One more question -

Agreed8)!

Grungebob May 5th, 2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

One more question -

yes

Matthias Maccabeus May 5th, 2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grungebob (Post 813056)
Quote:

One more question -

yes

I'm sold!!

SuperflyTNT May 5th, 2009 08:36 AM

I sure wish that the ****** faction would be released soon too, I sure did love to play that army, with all of the ******s and the s******* **c****. What a great set.

I am really excited, and I can't wait to plop down ... wait... what is the retail price point expectation?

Grungebob May 5th, 2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT (Post 813063)
I sure wish that the ****** faction would be released soon too, I sure did love to play that army, with all of the ******s and the s******* **c****. What a great set.

I am really excited, and I can't wait to plop down ... wait... what is the retail price point expectation?

potty word filter working overtime!