Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

killercactus December 22nd, 2010 07:57 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

After thinking pack to the 3rd movie, I think Smith really is still a program ("The program Smith has grown beyond your control." - Neo to the Machine World "god" or whatever it is), though I think I like Anomaly and Program for his race - I'd be good with either.

How does everyone feel on Unique Squad vs. Common Hero? Smith just made me think of the "use extra figures" mechanic and thought it would work better as a hero.

Taeblewalker December 22nd, 2010 10:21 AM

I like the common hero designation very much, with some kind of Wyrmling-style bonding.

Balantai December 22nd, 2010 12:10 PM

There are several ways you can go with Agent Smith.

If you make him a Uniqe Hero, you can mimic the first movie pretty well.

The Matrix
At the end of each of your turns after Agent Smith has been destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, destroy a common figure you control and place Agent Smith on the previously destroyed common figure's space. Remove all wound markers from Agent Smith's card.

If you wanted, you could increase the roll and allow Agent Smith to do it to any common figure...not just your own.

If you gave him that, Stealth Dodge and Counter Strike, he'd be pretty strong and quite thematic, in my opinion.

If you're looking to mimic the 2nd movie, he really needs a way of multiplying himself. Maybe make him a Unique Squad with additional figures on his card. At the start of each of Agent Smith's turns, you could roll to put additional figures on the board.

Other ideas:
Unplugged
After taking a turn with any figure you control, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card and take an immediate turn with Agent Smith.

Taeblewalker December 22nd, 2010 12:48 PM

How about this for unplugged?

Whever you reveal a numbered order marker on any army card you control, you may also reveal the X Order Marker on this army card. Instead of taking a turn with the card on which you revealed the numbered order marker, you may take a turn with Agent Smith.

mac122 December 22nd, 2010 01:25 PM

If it is to be Smith from the 2nd or 3rd movie:

Unplugged
After revealing an Order Marker for any figure you control, you may instead take a turn with Agent Smith.

Something like this would make him very unpredictable as he would rarely have an order marker on his card.

Taeblewalker December 22nd, 2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1299055)

Unplugged
After revealing an Order Marker for any figure you control, you may instead take a turn with Agent Smith.

Something like this would make him very unpredictable as he would rarely have an order marker on his card.

Even better!

killercactus December 22nd, 2010 03:28 PM

Was Smith really unpredictable though? It seems to me the Smith of Reloaded and Revolutions (which was the unplugged one) wasn't unpredictable at all - he just went around copying himself everywhere and sought to copy himself onto every person in the Matrix, dominating with sheer numbers.

The only real unpredictable thing he did was copy himself onto Bane and get back into the real world, but even that wasn't really that surprising.

Taeblewalker December 22nd, 2010 03:59 PM

Relentless might actually work well for him.

killercactus December 22nd, 2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1299209)
Relentless might actually work well for him.

I was going to put that on my card, then got scared of the death knight bonding.

mac122 December 22nd, 2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1299154)
Was Smith really unpredictable though? It seems to me the Smith of Reloaded and Revolutions (which was the unplugged one) wasn't unpredictable at all - he just went around copying himself everywhere and sought to copy himself onto every person in the Matrix, dominating with sheer numbers.

The only real unpredictable thing he did was copy himself onto Bane and get back into the real world, but even that wasn't really that surprising.

Perhaps "unpredictable" isn't the right word, but he seemed to show up everywhere. Allowing Smith to take a turn any time you reveal a marker fits that, IMO. It would keep your opponent "looking over his shoulder," so to speak, much like the characters in the movie.

Edit: Relentless fits very well.

Taeblewalker December 23rd, 2010 12:08 AM

How about insidious?

Lamaclown December 28th, 2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1299055)

Unplugged

I like that.

How about...

UNPLUGGED
When revealing an order marker for a figure you control that is within X clear sight spaces of Agent Smith, instead of taking a turn with that figure, you may switch Agent Smith with the figure and take a turn with Agent Smith. If a figure is engaged when moved with Unplugged, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Insidious is good but I think Relentless really fits him well.

EDIT:
Now that I think about it I do think a post-destruction replacement ability is the best and most thematic. Refresh me- did the agents destroy the host when they took over or did the people revert back when the agent was finished with them? Either I don't recall, or the movies never dealt with that.