Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 March 2nd, 2013 07:23 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1774339)
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1774318)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1774305)
HIDE 11
If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, then the figure may not attack Katniss this turn, and Katniss may immediately move up to 3 spaces. Katniss may only roll for this ability if she is able to end her move unengaged. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide.

Just some ideas. I still want Katniss to not be able to be attacked from somebody that she hides from.

:thumbsup:

Thanks, MC, I forgot to add that part in.

How about this. It doesn't sound right to say roll the d20 then later add a restriction.

If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher,Katniss Everdeen may immediately move up to 3 spaces. If she does, the opponent's figure may not attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide.

Sock March 2nd, 2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1774343)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1774339)
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1774318)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1774305)
HIDE 11
If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, then the figure may not attack Katniss this turn, and Katniss may immediately move up to 3 spaces. Katniss may only roll for this ability if she is able to end her move unengaged. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide.

Just some ideas. I still want Katniss to not be able to be attacked from somebody that she hides from.

Thanks, MC, I forgot to add that part in.

How about this. It doesn't sound right to say roll the d20 then later add a restriction.

If an opponent’s figure moves adjacent to Katniss Everdeen and onto a space where that figure can end its movement, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher,Katniss Everdeen may immediately move up to 3 spaces. If she does, the opponent's figure may not attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. Katniss Everdeen will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Hide.

Add a clause saying 'Katniss Everdeen may only use Hide if she ends her movement unengaged', otherwise you could choose to 'hide' without moving the figure at all.

JC McMinis March 2nd, 2013 07:43 PM

I like it.....agree with Lama

mac122 March 2nd, 2013 09:03 PM

I keep leaving parts out. I'll let someone else do the wordsmithing.

Confred March 2nd, 2013 11:01 PM

If a figure moves by her, she holds still and stays put.
Her placement should only change if the figure ends its movement engaged to her.

She shouldn't have to end the move unengaged to benefit from not being attacked. Her remaining hidden even at that closeness displays how good she is at it.
I also approve of allowing her to use her hiding power offensively to gain ground on an opponent.

I don't think the power should be linked to the "X" order marker.

HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move nonadjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends its move adjacent to Katniss Everdeen, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may immediately move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces. That figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she may move through all figures and will not take leaving engagement attacks.

I'm also fine with trimming down a few restrictions:
HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move nonadjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends its move adjacent to Katniss Everdeen, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, Katniss Everdeen cannot be attacked this turn and may immediately move up to 3 spaces. When moving with Hide, Katniss Everdeen may move through all figures.

Balantai March 4th, 2013 12:05 PM

Why did we get rid of "end its movement" in the most recent versions? Without this wording, the figure could move next to Katniss, Katniss moves, figure chases Katniss and Katniss moves again.

I prefer Confred's latest version:
HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move nonadjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends its move engaged with Katniss Everdeen, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may immediately move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. That figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she may move through all figures and will not take leaving engagement attacks.

JC McMinis March 4th, 2013 12:39 PM

Yes I think that covers all the concerns we had with that ability.

mac122 March 4th, 2013 12:40 PM

What about the requirement that she end her Hide move unengaged? Is that something we still want?

Balantai March 4th, 2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1774937)
What about the requirement that she end her Hide move unengaged? Is that something we still want?

Yes. I believe so. I added the clause.

mac122 March 4th, 2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

HIDE 11
If an opponent's figure begins its move nonadjacent to Katniss Everdeen and ends its move engaged with Katniss Everdeen, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may immediately move Katniss Everdeen up to 3 spaces as long as she ends her movement unengaged. That figure cannot attack Katniss Everdeen this turn. When Katniss Everdeen moves with Hide, she may move through all figures and will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Seems very similar to what we had awhile back. :)

Balantai March 4th, 2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1774941)
Quote:

HIDE 11
Seems very similar to what we had awhile back. :)

That was the idea. :lol:

JC McMinis March 4th, 2013 12:50 PM

Looks good. :thumbsup: