Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Z'Thoth, Mouth of the Abyss (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57361)

Astroking112 May 23rd, 2020 03:52 PM

The Book of Z'Thoth, Mouth of the Abyss

The Book of Z'Thoth, Mouth of the Abyss

C3V Wave 22 - Scourge of Apollyon - Heroes of Crooked Isle

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder figure from the Skulls and Shackles set. Its name is Drowning Devil.

This figure fits on a double-spaced base.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:

MADDENING VISAGE
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Z'Thoth and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-10, choose an opponent. That player must move the figure 1 space, if possible. If you roll an 11 or higher, you must move the chosen figure 1 space, if possible. Figures moves by Maddening Visage take any leaving engagement attacks that apply.

SHATTER MINDS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Z'Thoth does not need line of sight on the targeted figure. You may also choose one figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Shatter Minds Special Attack as well. Roll attack dice once for both figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

SLITHER
Z'Thoth does not have to stop its movement when entering water spaces.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can movement powers like Flying be used with the movement from Maddening Visage?
    A: It depends on who is doing the movement. Mandatory effects such as Disengage and Glide always apply to Maddening Visage movement. Optional effects such as Flying can only be used if the owner of the figure is moving the figure. If the owner of Z'Thoth is moving the figure, that player could not use any of that figure's optional movement abilities. Note that some powers, like Levitation, have both a mandatory effect and an optional effect.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • SKULL DEMON : VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1
    As a Valkrill follower with a Range of 1, Z'Thoth may benefit from the Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1 ability.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A
Synergy Imposed
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
- TBA
Unit Strategy Review
- TBA
https://i.imgur.com/uxQERHa.jpg

Dad_Scaper May 23rd, 2020 10:27 PM

Re: The Book of Z'Thoth, Mouth of the Abyss

Excellent! Thanks for doing all these, AK. I'll try to add them to the index. We'll see what happens. Superfrog made it easy, so now it's impossible. :p

TheAverageFan May 24th, 2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

And as the ethereal veil was lifted before my eyes I gazed with wordless horror upon the eldritch spawn which greeted my feeble and mewling sight: Z'Thoth the Outsider, born of the twisted wells of Yog-Sothoth. And as its void eyes met mine all human endeavors to even fathom were dispelled from mine very soul, and I became at once possessed by the basest animal urges to simply flee. Yet as I did so there came forth many great lashes of the swords of knights about me, rending my mortal flesh in a devastating series of passing swipes. If only I had been born a grut.

-HP Lovecraft, The Knights Out Of Space

~TAF

XThorSavageX May 26th, 2020 12:35 PM

It looks like this is a small peanut base.
Is that accurate?

superfrog May 26th, 2020 12:38 PM

I believe a small peanut is fine.

Son of Arathorn May 26th, 2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XThorSavageX (Post 2389426)
It looks like this is a small peanut base.
Is that accurate?

Yep, small peanut works great for Z'thoth.

Scytale May 27th, 2020 06:04 PM

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:

Q: Can movement powers like Flying be used with the movement from Maddening Visage?
A: It depends on who is doing the movement. Mandatory effects such as Disengage and Glide always apply to Maddening Visage movement. Optional effects such as Flying can only be used if the owner of the figure is moving the figure. If the owner of Z'Thoth is moving the figure, that player could not use any of that figure's optional movement abilities. Note that some powers, like Levitation, have both a mandatory effect and an optional effect.

Dad_Scaper May 27th, 2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scytale (Post 2390274)
Quote:

Q: Can movement powers like Flying be used with the movement from Maddening Visage?

Scy, Levitation would be "mandatory" in this calculation, correct?

dok May 27th, 2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2390309)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scytale (Post 2390274)
Quote:

Scy, Levitation would be "mandatory" in this calculation, correct?

The avoidance of falling damage is mandatory, yes. However, if Z'Thoth was moving another player's Sentinel, they could not move it onto heavy snow.

superfrog May 27th, 2020 07:21 PM

Q: Can Levitation be used when moved by Shield Push?
A: Yes and no.
The Sentinel will not take any falling damage, but the ability to ignore terrain effects is optional and therefore cannot be used when moved with Shield Push.

Same thing here: if you used Maddening Visage to walk an opponent's Sentinel into molten lava, they would be forced to roll. If you walked them off of a cliff, they would not take falling damage.

Pumpkin_King September 17th, 2020 04:07 PM

OP or a mod, please update with the official bio.

Quote:

Carr was let into the cell by a black-winged Kyrie, one of the small cadre that still followed Vydar. "We're keeping him in isolation," the Kyrie had said. "Until we know what's wrong." Carr had said nothing, just nodded as the Kyrie closed the door behind him, the Agent stepping into the light.

Across the cell was a figure hunched over a pile of papers on the ground. Shaggy black fur, still clothed in his dirty jumpsuit, white and light blue. Above the figure, all over the wall, were papers. Some of them were diagrams, equations. Others were shapes, letters, tirades in Primadese. Carr squinted at some of the diagrams, cocking his head. He'd seen scientific equations before. He didn't understand all of them, but these were...different. They made his head swim.

"Did you bring tape?" The voice snapped him out of it. The figure on the floor, a Primadon, didn't look at him. Carr pulled a chair out from under the table in the middle of the room and sat.

"I didn't bring tape."

"I need tape," the gorilla-like alien gestured to his mural, the collected papers. "I need to finish."

"Can you tell me what it is you're trying to finish, Occo?" Carr kept his voice steady, unthreatening. Something in the Primadon's tone quivered slightly. He didn't look back at the papers.

"It's..." Occo hesitated, lifting his head, then pushing himself into a standing position, arms limp at his sides. "It's an explanation."

"Of what you saw? Can you tell me more about that?" Carr leaned forward. "Your squadmates said you were securing and reconning territory Valkrill was seen operating in."

"We-"

"You found--" Carr calmly consulted an after-action report on a clipboard he'd brought with him. "A ruin. You said you saw a pattern, in the walls. In the....writing on the walls. Some of your squadmates reported feeling overwhelmed by feelings of fear and panic after seeing something in the skies above the ruins, past the ruined ceiling."

"I...I--"

"And then you collapsed. They said you were spouting nonsense for a thirty-second period, followed by--"

"Jason."

Carr stopped. No one used his first name. Occo had stood, half-turned towards him, the gorilla's eyes wild, watery. Half-feral, half-hysterical, barely contained in a shivering calm. He shook, pointing a quivering hand to some point in the mural Carr still couldn't bring himself to look at.

"I still see the pattern, Jason," Occo said, turning back to the papers. "Look. See, here. This is the...the calculations for the portals the wellsprings create. The energy readings...they don't make sense. The quantum particles shouldn't....it's like.... It's like they're reacting to something we can't see. It's like trying to calculate the gravitational geometry of a planetary system and finding a new moon no one knew about. I've reverse-engineered the thaumaturgical fluctuations, and--" He stopped to pull another paper from the ground and hold it up with the others. "There's...something there. Something we haven't found." Another pause. "I think Vydar knows about it. He'd have to."

Carr considered that, regarding the primadon physicist carefully. "If Vydar is keeping information from us, I'd know about it."

"Would you? Jason, this isn't....this isn't military intel. Look--" Again, he pointed to an equation that made Carr's vision swim. "If these are right....something is wrong. Very, very wrong. Something's made a footprint in the local resonance. A big one. The magic users would have felt it first. Sudema, she--"

"Sudema has been acting strange."

"There's something here, Jason. I don't know what it is. I don't think I can know. It's....it doesn't make sense. None of it. I've done the calculations, run the numbers over and over and over and--"

"Occo. I believe you," Carr said, getting up and putting a hand on the shaggy scientist's shoulder. "I believe you." Occo turned towards him, deflated, his arms hanging limp again. Carr continued, gesturing to the wall. "What do we do? I can get Vydar's attention tonight. What do I tell him? Assuming he doesn't already know."

Occo was silent for a long moment, those wild eyes turning quiet and tired. He shook off Carr's hand, and carefully picked up handfuls of paper. "I need tape."

Son of Arathorn September 19th, 2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by www.heroscapers.com says
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pumpkin_King again.

So good.