Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Movies (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Avengers Trailer (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37966)

spidysox October 12th, 2011 05:36 PM

Avengers Trailer

All I can say is wow!

:woot:

Carnival Man October 12th, 2011 07:21 PM

Re: Avengers Trailer

Looks good enough for me! Hopefully Joss does as well with one of the biggest budgets of the year as he does with little or no budget. (I wonder if Dr. Horrible will make a quick cameo?) ;)

jschild October 12th, 2011 09:17 PM

I like how they still are keeping part of the story "secret" - though they still kinda hint by having Cap and Thor "fighting"

tcglkn October 13th, 2011 09:19 AM

I think Skrulls are involved and that is why Cap and Thor are fighting. Cap is a Skrull in that shot.

jschild October 13th, 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1495754)
I think Skrulls are involved and that is why Cap and Thor are fighting. Cap is a Skrull in that shot.

Well...yeah..wasn't trying to spoil it for anyone who didn't know.

tcglkn October 13th, 2011 09:37 PM

I was just making a guess. Is that the official stance?

Carnival Man October 13th, 2011 11:07 PM

Maybe Loki talked Thor into beating on Cap...Thor will never learn that he shouldn't listen to his half-bro's advice. :duh:

nate the dawg October 14th, 2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnival Man (Post 1496273)
Maybe Loki talked Thor into beating on Cap...Thor will never learn that he shouldn't listen to his half-bro's advice. :duh:

Yeah, considering the Skrulls have had literally zero set-up in the previous films, I'd have to guess that either Thor is being manipulated in some way...or that the Thor in that scene is Loki.

tcglkn October 14th, 2011 04:52 PM

All it would take is one brief from Nick Fury to setup the Skrulls. We would know all we needed to know.

elitebeatk October 14th, 2011 05:29 PM

Well, Loki is obviously making an appearance. It would be great to see Loki manipulating the Skrulls. (Maybe they start as a peaceful race, but Loki corrupts them.)

nate the dawg October 18th, 2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate the dawg (Post 1496664)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnival Man (Post 1496273)

Yeah, considering the Skrulls have had literally zero set-up in the previous films...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1496674)
All it would take is one brief from Nick Fury to setup the Skrulls. We would know all we needed to know.

What I'm thinking is, based upon the precedent that Marvel has set in its creator-controlled cinematic continuity (from Iron Man on), I would think we'd have heard mention of the skrulls in one or more of the previous films.

In Iron Man, we had our first hint of ongoing continuity with the mention of the 'Avenger Initiative'. In Incredible Hulk, there wasn't any new info I can recall, but the whole building of a team was reinforced, possibly in relation to the 'Hulk problem'.

Thor and Iron Man 2 were related as one had a momentary set-up for the other, and the Iron Man sequel further backed the building of an Avengers team. Oh and Thor gave us a peek at Hawkeye8).

Captain America finished the groundwork for setting up the team, and I think that Loki (obviously) and possibly the Red Skull are primed to be the villian(s) of the film. What do you suppose happened to Schmidt when the Tesseract whisked him away?

Either way, while I think that skrulls would make for one sweet Avengers flick, they won't likely be in this one. Maybe there's some background story in the works:shrug:?

p.s. While not very original, I would love to see the film end along the lines of the first Ultimate Avengers; have the team pull out all the stops to bring down the villain, then have to fight an out-of-control Hulk while exhausted from the climactic battle!:twisted:

chief October 18th, 2011 02:10 PM

I was like no HULK? Then the last 5 seconds answered that.