Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of M.R.D. Trooper (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52188)

japes August 23rd, 2015 08:13 PM

The Book of M.R.D. Trooper
 
The Book of M.R.D. Trooper

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 63
BATTLE FOR MUTANTKIND


http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...oper_comic.jpg
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ooper_mini.jpg
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel Avengers Movie set.
Its model number and name are #10 / S.H.I.E.L.D. Commando.

_________________________________________________________________
Character Bio - The Mutant Response Division or M.R.D. is a mutant hunting organization with the job of finding and containing dangerous mutants. M.R.D. was sponsored by Senator Robert Kelly and billionaire industrialist Warren Worthington, Jr.. Dr. Bolivar Trask and Dr. Sybil Zane served as the organization's scientists tasked with developing the Sentinels. The M.R.D is often nicknamed "the Mardies".
_________________________________________________________________

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A
_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Marvel figure, M.R.D. Trooper has these Marvel Synergies.
  • M.R.D. Trooper may be moved by Bolivar Trask's Guardian of Humanity special power, have their 20-sided die rolls boosted by his Anti-Mutant Technology Enhancement special power, and bond with a Sentinel via his Sentinel Initiative special power.
  • As a Common Hero, M.R.D. Trooper has these Common Synergies.
  • As a Human, M.R.D. Trooper has these Human Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a Common Hero, M.R.D. Trooper interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Human, M.R.D. Trooper interacts differently with these special powers.
  • M.R.D. Trooper's Anti-Mutant Technology 16 special power allows him to negate Mutants.
  • M.R.D. Trooper's Mutant Assault Force special power allows you to activate additional M.R.D. Troopers when there is an enemy Mutant nearby.
_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

japes August 23rd, 2015 08:14 PM

Re: M.R.D. Troopers (Design Phase)
 
NAME = M.R.D. TROOPER
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = TROOPER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 30


ANTI-MUTANT TECHNOLOGY 16
Start the game with 8 gray Neutralizer Markers for all M.R.D. Troopers you control. If a Mutant figure receives one or more wounds from an M.R.D. Trooper's normal attack and is not destroyed, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, place 1 Neutralizer Marker from this card onto the defending Mutant's card. A Mutant figure with one or more of your Neutralizer Markers on its card cannot use any special powers on its card. At the end of the round, return all of your Neutralizer Markers to this card.

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to 2 M.R.D. Troopers you control, or up to 4 M.R.D. Troopers you control if there is at least 1 opponent's Mutant figure within 6 clear sight spaces of an M.R.D. Trooper you control at the start of the turn.

japes August 23rd, 2015 08:15 PM

Re: M.R.D. Troopers (Design Phase)
 
Comic


Figure Possibilities


Nothing Flashy here just some human fodder for the Mutants. the 30 point level allows for lots of combos with Sentinels for even numbers...a nice three way battle of X-Men, Brotherhood, and Sentinels/Mardie battle...

IAmBatman August 23rd, 2015 09:02 PM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
Cool design. :up: I like the rationale for common hero over common squad (i.e. easier to fit them into different army combos with Sentinels that way).

Seems like more of a synergy with the Sentinels directly would be cool, but I don't know the theme here quite well enough to suggest anything.

japes August 23rd, 2015 09:27 PM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2040961)
Cool design. :up: I like the rationale for common hero over common squad (i.e. easier to fit them into different army combos with Sentinels that way).

Seems like more of a synergy with the Sentinels directly would be cool, but I don't know the theme here quite well enough to suggest anything.

BINGO


As far as theme, yes the work with the sentinels but also separate. In logical sense (as opposed to revised comic book sense) the MRD troopers would come first and then the anti mutant side would realize they need more and thus the sentinels are produced. They would make great guards at the sentinel factory!!

Some versions they are a type of police force and others more militaristic. They could just as easily be generically seen as an anti-mutant militia.

AS far as Synergy is concerned I think as filler for sentinels works well with them both getting boost against mutants and these guys biggest draw is nullifying mutant abilities.

Yodaking August 24th, 2015 12:12 AM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
I thought there was a specific figure for these guys, it was a guy in green with a gun. If not and a figure is needed, I can go though my minis and offer up some options.

Hahma August 24th, 2015 07:02 AM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
Cool stuff Japes!

Just with a first glance, I wondered if someone would question whether or not the 2 additional MRD's get to activate after the first 2 did and at least 1 of them was within 6 spaces of a Mutant, or if you needed at least 1 MRD within 6 spaces of a Mutant at the start of your turn to get the extra 2 MRD's to activate.

Quote:

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control. If there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control, you may move and attack with up to two additional M.R.D. Troopers you control.

IAmBatman August 24th, 2015 08:17 AM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
Yeah, that second sentence needs its timing clarified. Good catch, Hambone! If there is at least one mutant figure within 6 spaces when?

johnny139 August 24th, 2015 08:36 AM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
Yeah, timing us needed. I'd suggest combining them into one - "move two or, if there's a mutant within 6 spaces, move four." That makes both halves dependent on the "after revealing an OM" part.

TrollBrute August 24th, 2015 08:37 AM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
I though Mutant Assault Force would work better as a single sentence, but maybe it's a little too long:
Quote:

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control, or up to four M.R.D. Troopers you control if there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control at the start of your turn.
Split into two:
Quote:

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control. At the start of your turn, if there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control, you may move and attack with two additional M.R.D. Troopers you control.
Trooper seems a little weird to me as a class. Maybe Soldier?

Other than that, they look good to me. There's pretty much no reason to draft them if your opponent doesn't have Mutants, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

japes August 24th, 2015 09:01 AM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2040979)
I thought there was a specific figure for these guys, it was a guy in green with a gun. If not and a figure is needed, I can go though my minis and offer up some options.

Couldn't find a specific figure back when I started these guys and really got the idea off a couple figures that I found in a bargin bin at a local used toy store. However when I posted those figures it turned out they were pretty expensive figures from Horrorclix line I believe. My son found our one metropolis SCU figure and thought it looked like the MRD picture and I agreed it was the closest thing we could find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 2041000)
Cool stuff Japes!

Just with a first glance, I wondered if someone would question whether or not the 2 additional MRD's get to activate after the first 2 did and at least 1 of them was within 6 spaces of a Mutant, or if you needed at least 1 MRD within 6 spaces of a Mutant at the start of your turn to get the extra 2 MRD's to activate.

Quote:

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control. If there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control, you may move and attack with up to two additional M.R.D. Troopers you control.

Yes the intent is for it to activate if they are visible at the start of the turn. The theme is that they are "on patrol" in groups of two but upon contact with a Mutant they call in backup and swarm in force.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrollBrute (Post 2041007)
I though Mutant Assault Force would work better as a single sentence, but maybe it's a little too long:
Quote:

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control, or up to four M.R.D. Troopers you control if there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control at the start of your turn.
Split into two:
Quote:

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control. At the start of your turn, if there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control, you may move and attack with two additional M.R.D. Troopers you control.
Trooper seems a little weird to me as a class. Maybe Soldier?

Other than that, they look good to me. There's pretty much no reason to draft them if your opponent doesn't have Mutants, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Without mutants they are pretty much a two man squad of humans but yeah their main reason for existence is mutant extermination/capture.

One sentence seems long and your second attempt is better than mine but I can work on it some more.

IAmBatman August 24th, 2015 09:20 AM

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)
 
If you're looking to move away from "Troopers," I'd consider "Enforcers." That's what the Lexcorp Security has and that seems like the closest analog we have to these guys thus far.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.