Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Skycycle) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39192)

Hahma January 9th, 2012 07:50 AM

The Book of Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Skycycle)

The Book of Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Skycycle)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 19
PATRIOT GAMES

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Forces set.
Its model number and name are #010-012 / Hawkeye.
Character Bio - Clint Barton was orphaned early in life. He and his brother Barney ran away from the orphanage to join the circus, where Clint was taught marksmanship by the renowned Swordsman and Trickshot. After being let down by Swordsman's criminal activities and abandoned by both Swordsman and his brother Barney, Clint carried on his training with Trickshot. Eventually Clint took on the persona “Hawkeye” and travelled the country in various circuses. He got caught up with the Russian agent called Black Widow and was seduced by her to help defeat Iron Man, but he later wizened up and petitioned to join the Avengers, and was in fact sponsored by Iron Man.

Hawkeye spent many years as an Avenger before going solo for awhile, where under less than ideal circumstances he met ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Bobbi Morse, also known as Mockingbird. They fell in love and got married. Later Hawkeye was asked by Vision to head up a west coast branch of the Avengers, called The West Coast Avengers. Hawkeye recruited his wife Mockingbird, Wonder Man, Iron Man, Tigra and Hank Pym.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Hawkeye is a single based figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hahma January 9th, 2012 07:52 AM

Re: The Book of Hawkeye - Design Phase

NAME = HAWKEYE
SECRET IDENTITY = CLINT BARTON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = COCKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 160

SKYCYCLE CARRY
Before moving, you may choose a tiny, small or medium Common or Unique Hero you control adjacent to Hawkeye. The chosen figure becomes the Skycycle Passenger. After moving, place the Skycycle Passenger adjacent to Hawkeye. The Skycycle Passenger will take any leaving engagement attacks.

HAWKEYE'S ORDERS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, moving normally with Hawkeye and placing the Skycycle Passenger, instead of attacking with Hawkeye, you may take a turn with the Skycycle Passenger.

SKY SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Figures roll 2 fewer defense dice when defending against this special attack. After Hawkeye attacks with this special attack, he may use Skycycle Carry and move up to 3 spaces. When Hawkeye moves with this special attack, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING

Hahma January 9th, 2012 08:00 AM

Mini photos:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/hahma/006-2.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/hahma/005-2.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/hahma/004-2.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/hahma/003-1.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/hahma/002-2.jpg

Good Pig January 9th, 2012 02:09 PM

Nice, simple and thematic design. :) I like it! Great reuse of the Quick Shot SA from Deathstroke. Seems very fitting for this design.

One thing to think about is that attack bonding with Hawkeye's Orders might get a little weird when a squad figure is the Skycycle Passenger.

IAmBatman January 9th, 2012 02:59 PM

Hmm, also it makes it weird with any squads/heroes with after moving/before attacking powers, while attacking powers, or after attacking powers in terms of what triggers and what doesn't. Could be an FAQ nightmare ... so I'm a bit concerned about that power as well. Not sure what the answer is straight off.

Meanwhile, this guy would be a pretty good combination with Speedy (Roy)!

A3n January 9th, 2012 04:36 PM

Like the others said, squad figures as passengers will make the powers crazy, so maybe just something like "...choose a friendly small or medium hero figure...". Other then that nice design. :up:

Hahma January 9th, 2012 05:01 PM

Yeah, for sure it should only work with heroe's, no squaddies. I'll change that after the waiting period.

tcglkn January 9th, 2012 05:05 PM

Cool design Hahma. I really like it with the Hero only restriction added. :up: Nothing to add at this point.

IAmBatman January 9th, 2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1541639)
Yeah, for sure it should only work with heroe's, no squaddies. I'll change that after the waiting period.

I still worry about some of the other interactions though with the before/during/after attacking special powers ... (see previous post). This feels like a Colossus/Fast Ball Special issue.

Hahma January 9th, 2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1541709)
Quote:

I still worry about some of the other interactions though with the before/during/after attacking special powers ... (see previous post). This feels like a Colossus/Fast Ball Special issue.

Quote:

HAWKEYE'S ORDERS
After moving normally with Hawkeye and placing the Skycycle Passenger, instead of attacking with Hawkeye, you may attack with the Skycycle Passenger.
Maybe this change can eliminate that concern.

HAWKEYE'S ORDERS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Hawkeye, you may take a turn with any figure you control that is adjacent to Hawkeye.

Good Pig January 9th, 2012 07:35 PM

Well if there isn't a good fix for attack bonding, I wouldn't mind seeing squad figures being included in the carry.

IAmBatman January 9th, 2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1541717)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1541709)
Quote:

Quote:

HAWKEYE'S ORDERS
After moving normally with Hawkeye and placing the Skycycle Passenger, instead of attacking with Hawkeye, you may attack with the Skycycle Passenger.
Maybe this change can eliminate that concern.

HAWKEYE'S ORDERS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Hawkeye, you may take a turn with any figure you control that is adjacent to Hawkeye.

That would do it. :-) Though it should probably be restricted to Unique Heroes still. And he should be able to carry any figure.