Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Outer Space Terrain Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56107)

Mythic January 28th, 2021 06:50 PM

Re: The Book of Outer Space Terrain - VOTE for Release

Amazing work guys!

Tornado January 28th, 2021 07:12 PM

Oh and tickle, also nice work on the art.

IAmBatman January 28th, 2021 10:10 PM

Sweet! Thanks, all! We have a new frontier to play in! Go forth and make celestial bodies. :-D

This passes.

Mythic January 29th, 2021 01:01 AM

Re: The Book of Outer Space Terrain

Just out of curiosity is there a template available for rules "expansions"?
I have been wanting to do a rules summary page for my own use and having it look somewhat official would be really nice.

Searched Downloads and found an old one...but the Outer Space rules are much nicer.

tcglkn January 29th, 2021 02:32 AM

Re: The Book of Outer Space Terrain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythic (Post 2445045)
Just out of curiosity is there a template available for rules "expansions"?
I have been wanting to do a rules summary page for my own use and having it look somewhat official would be really nice.

Searched Downloads and found an old one...but the Outer Space rules are much nicer.

Pretty sure we developed this on our own.

Yodaking May 1st, 2022 06:08 PM

Re: The Book of Outer Space Terrain Rules

I came across a question here that I'm not sure we ever discussed. If I use the castle walls to build a pair of towers out in space (say height 10), when a figure on top of one tower moves off into space, what happens? With no gravity in space, they should stay at that level (height 10), meaning a figure could leave the top of one tower and 'float' over to the top of the other tower without returning to level 1. Only issue I see with that ruling is what happens when your figure doesn't reach another tower and is just floating out in space at height 10? How is that tracked and indicated when in play?

tcglkn May 1st, 2022 06:14 PM

There's no rule that says you stay at level 10, so you go back to level 0. It's a game, not a simulation.

Tornado May 1st, 2022 06:20 PM

Would be cool to have adjustable flight stands.

Yodaking May 1st, 2022 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2514499)
There's no rule that says you stay at level 10, so you go back to level 0. It's a game, not a simulation.

So the figure takes falling damage then if appropriate?

IAmBatman May 1st, 2022 08:04 PM

I don't think you'd really have any way to control your direction when you had nothing to grasp onto, so you couldn't guarantee you'd just float directly from the top of one pillar to another. Also, the pillars themselves aren't outer space terrain, so they would have normal gravity. You'd just be floating without gravity between them.

That said, the concept of falling damage is one that never came up during the creation of this. Had it, I would've supported making it so you don't receive falling damage when you enter a Cosmos space, as that makes sense to me thematically.

Yodaking May 1st, 2022 08:37 PM

:up:

IAmBatman May 1st, 2022 08:43 PM

I guess the question is whether or not it’s worth getting back under the hood to make the falling damage change. It’s hard to predict all the needed mechanics for stuff like this until you start getting some maps.

I would at least make it a map-specific rule on a map like that.