Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Pumpkin_King January 2nd, 2011 11:07 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

In your threads, bumping your posts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1304089)
I agree to keep it simple. As far as Replicate goes, how about a simple D20 roll against an adjacent small or medium figure - 7 for a squad figure, 17 for a hero? This modified "water clone" makes him very deadly, and is thematic. It can only be done if at least one Agent Smith is dead.

Keep Stealth Dodge like the Krav; i.e., works vs. specials.

Life 1 (4 figures)
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

I'll agree with the stats, I think we have those down. What are everyone's thougts on a d20 based Replicate as opposed to a Zombies of Morindan-type one?

Balantai January 3rd, 2011 02:39 PM

PK,

Go ahead and post a draft of Agent Smith. Please see the first page for format. :D

Pumpkin_King January 3rd, 2011 03:08 PM

Agent Smith
The Matrix
Sci-Fi
Valkrill

Program
Unique Squad
Agent
Relentless
Size: Medium 5

Life 1 (4 figures)
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Replication Subroutine
Version 1: When an Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith on the space the figure occupied.
(Is there any argument against this version of it?)

UNPLUGGED
At the end of the round, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card and roll the 20 sided die.
  • If you roll an X or lower, nothing happens.
  • If you roll a X+1 or higher you may take 1 turn with Agent Smith.
Add 1 to your roll for each Agent Smith on the battlefield that you control.
(Taking Lama's version here. Any objections?)

Stealth Dodge - When Agent Smith is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

killercactus January 3rd, 2011 03:33 PM

I like it. I think it should say "take a turn" instead of "take 1 turn" though, and I think the roll for Unplugged should start at 17 or 18.

Lamaclown January 3rd, 2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 1306136)
Agent Smith
The Matrix
Sci-Fi
Valkrill

Program
Unique Squad
Agent
Relentless

Life 1 (4 figures)
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Replication Subroutine
Version 1: When an Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith on the space the figure occupied.

UNPLUGGED

At the end of the round, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card and roll the 20 sided die.
  • If you roll a X+1 or higher you may take 1 turn with Agent Smith.
(Taking Lama's version here. Any objections?)

Stealth Dodge - When Agent Smith is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1306153)
I like it. I think it should say "take a turn" instead of "take 1 turn" though, and I think the roll for Unplugged should start at 17 or 18.

Looks good, PK!
I also agree with KC's remarks.

Pumpkin_King January 3rd, 2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 1306136)
Agent Smith
The Matrix
Sci-Fi
Valkrill

Program
Unique Squad
Agent
Relentless

Life 1 (4 figures)
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Replication Subroutine

UNPLUGGED
  • If you roll a X+1 or higher you may take a turn with Agent Smith.

Edited. :D

Balantai January 3rd, 2011 04:18 PM

Agent Smith looks really good, PK. For Unplugged, is there any reason we need to include the D20 roll? Why not just allow him to take an additional turn at the end of every round if you reveal the X Order Marker on the card?

mac122 January 3rd, 2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1306180)
Agent Smith looks really good, PK. For Unplugged, is there any reason we need to include the D20 roll? Why not just allow him to take an additional turn at the end of every round if you reveal the X Order Marker on the card?

Giving an automatic 4th OM each round as long as a Smith is on the board sounds broken or expensive. Unless there is some other restriction added, I'd like to see the d20 roll stay in.

Lamaclown January 3rd, 2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1306195)
Quote:

Giving an automatic 4th OM each round as long as a Smith is on the board sounds broken or expensive. Unless there is some other restriction added, I'd like to see the d20 roll stay in.

That is exactly it. I know from experience (a previous broken custom of mine; never posted) that an automatic 4th turn is unexpectedly powerful.

Pumpkin_King January 3rd, 2011 05:06 PM

Exactly. Any ideas on the number needed? I read 17.

Balantai January 3rd, 2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1306195)
Quote:

Well I certainly don't think it's broken. How is it any different than traditional bonding? Traditional bonding allows you to take 6 turns every round. This ability would allow you to take 4 turns in a round, but you don't need a specific figure to bond with. (Unplugged)

Also, what the theme behind having the roll? Is there any theme I'm missing or is on there just to keep the cost down?

EDIT: Well you seem to have a lot of support, Mac, but I still don't buy it. :D

mac122 January 3rd, 2011 05:09 PM

17 sounds about right. If you have all 4 Smiths on the battlefield, then you only need a 13 or higher.

Edit: To me it's more cost control. Bonding does allow that 4th turn, but you have to spend the extra points for the bonding figure. An auto 4th OM can be done, but it should raise Smith's cost a significant amount - as if you had to buy another unit.