Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred April 29th, 2019 08:23 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

McHotcakes
I'm glad you said that about keeping the shard equipment separate. It would be cool seeing others with only one and this guy with both.

Regarding wound degradation, again I think it would have to mirror here. So Blade and Armor both start high but reduce with wounds. I like it theoretically because it adds a magical life to the stuff. I say theoretically because I don't know how wordy that'll be to make work. I look forward to seeing it.

Confred April 30th, 2019 09:42 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
This is what I have so far
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...n_original.jpg

Feels like a draft, not loving it as a complete product, but there is something there.

Aside, you said his +1 Move is from the armor, should that be tacked onto the armor instead. If he were to get negated, should he still have that speed?
Does blade add anything, such as +1 Range?

McHotcakes May 5th, 2019 02:21 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2276823)
This is what I have so far
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...n_original.jpg

Feels like a draft, not loving it as a complete product, but there is something there.

Aside, you said his +1 Move is from the armor, should that be tacked onto the armor instead. If he were to get negated, should he still have that speed?
Does blade add anything, such as +1 Range?

I like it so far. But I should mention that the shardblade does not degrade in combat. It's always in pristine condition. So we should probably remove the degradation part from that power.

That's a good point about losing speed as the armor gets damaged. Maybe "For every two wounds on this army card subtract 1 from Dalinar's move" or something along those lines.

The blade is described as being the size of a full grown man in the books, so probably around 6 foot. We could easily justify giving him a range of 2 but I think with everything else he has going on that might be a bit overkill.

Also for a mini I'm liking the look of this guy

Confred May 6th, 2019 01:00 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
@McHotcakes
That mini looks perfect

Confred May 6th, 2019 01:35 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2278165)
Spoiler Alert!

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...1_original.jpg

Taeblewalker May 6th, 2019 01:40 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I don't quite understand Shardplate. Is there ever a time when he would not get the extra Move? Aside from Morsbane negating him?

Confred May 6th, 2019 01:43 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2278431)
I don't quite understand Shardplate. Is there ever a time when he would not get the extra Move? Aside from Morsbane negating him?

Negation is my thinking. If he gets the move from the armor and we have the armor on his card, should he lose the armor, I assume he should lose the move gained from the armor now lost.

Confred May 6th, 2019 05:45 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
What if he had a version of Frenzy for his third ability. Roll high and take another turn. Roll low and lose turns/remove OMs. Currently he is a thug, but he doesn't rampage?

McHotcakes May 8th, 2019 02:48 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2278497)
What if he had a version of Frenzy for his third ability. Roll high and take another turn. Roll low and lose turns/remove OMs. Currently he is a thug, but he doesn't rampage?

I don't think a frenzy really fits with him. He's a man of honor who is all about control.

I think losing the Thrill should be a whole negative ability as that is how it is presented in the books. Dalinar was once a widely respected and feared warrior, but now whenever he steps out onto the battlefield his allies fear him as a liability because he freezes with guilt whenever he takes another person's life.

Confred May 9th, 2019 12:27 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2279154)

I think losing the Thrill should be a whole negative ability as that is how it is presented in the books. Dalinar was once a widely respected and feared warrior, but now whenever he steps out onto the battlefield his allies fear him as a liability because he freezes with guilt whenever he takes another person's life.

Oh wow, well that's perfect then

So, how does the rest of the card look?

Should his personality reflect this guilt? Tormented? Mourning? Regretful?

Taeblewalker May 9th, 2019 03:43 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I like Regretful.

McHotcakes May 15th, 2019 02:50 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Sorry my absence. I'll post an updated draft tonight or tomorrow.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.