Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Biggest Game of Heroscape? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37383)

TheExplodingCheez August 16th, 2011 03:52 PM

Biggest Game of Heroscape?

What is the biggest game of Heroscape you've played? How many players were there? How big was the map? How many sets and figures did you use?

Jim August 16th, 2011 03:59 PM

Re: Biggest Game of Heroscape?

From Hasbro, years ago, when they used all the terrain they had in the offices:
http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/images/work1_lg.jpg

Su-Bak-Na August 16th, 2011 05:24 PM

The biggest game I've had was a 3,320 point game. We used 7 turns per round with two X markers thrown in. It actually played out at a decent pace thanks to the slight change in the order marker system. It was a 1v1 game and I had the whole Orc Horde and Marro Swarm and my friend was using all of my D&D figs that I had just recently bought. It was a blast. :)

Sheep August 16th, 2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 1462629)
From Hasbro, years ago, when they used all the terrain they had in the offices:
http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/images/work1_lg.jpg

LOL, in our school we had to make Portfolios to put alot of our work in from our 7th grade year. Bt first we had to design a workfolio that we kept all of our work in. And this is the exact pic I sed for the Workfolio.

Does anyone know how many of each set it took to build this map?

I'm gessing about like 6-8 VW, 6-8 RTFF's, and 8-10 ROTV's!

OEAO August 16th, 2011 06:14 PM

The biggest game I`ve ever played was 4,040 points, and the map was made up with:
1 RotV
2 SotM
1 RttFF
1 TJ
1 TT
1 VW
2 Castle Sets

nate the dawg August 16th, 2011 06:16 PM

Well, in terms of maps, our largest take up the whole table (51-hex by 27-hex) and tend to use most of the collection: RotVx8,SotMx4,BftUx6,RttFFx6,VWx6,FotAx11,TTx2,TJx4. We like to build up:D! Those matches aren't as frequent as they used to be, due to the time involved in setting up and disassembling the map...not to mention the time a two- or four-player match takes on a battlefield that large. Someday I'll have to post some of those pics, as well as some of the normal battlefields we use.

I think the largest non-Marvel match we've had was 1800 pts, 2v2. Marvel (including C3G) matches have gotten as high as 2600.

Sheep August 16th, 2011 06:27 PM

I forgot to say so, but I really haven't had a huge game. With only 1 RotV set of figures (I have 2 terrain sets worth), 2 SotM, 1 DnD, 1 Marvel (which we don't use anymore because of the overpowerfulness), and a 4 small expansions, it limits the largest game to like a little over a 3000+ game (And that's using everyone).

fallow August 16th, 2011 06:58 PM

I made a map using 7 ROTV, 19 SOTM, 10 TJ, 10 RTTFF, 12 COTA and it wasn't big enough.

That was around 12,000 hexes or so.

Since then I've doubled to about 24,000 hexes but since I want to make the world's largest heroscape map I need to bump that up to about 35,000 or more to be sure.

Stay tuned!

TheExplodingCheez August 16th, 2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 (Post 1462770)
I forgot to say so, but I really haven't had a huge game. With only 1 RotV set of figures (I have 2 terrain sets worth), 2 SotM, 1 DnD, 1 Marvel (which we don't use anymore because of the overpowerfulness), and a 4 small expansions, it limits the largest game to like a little over a 3000+ game (And that's using everyone).

Wow. How long did that take to play?

fallow August 16th, 2011 09:49 PM

3000 points would be cool.

The biggest game pointswise I've played is 1200 with 4 players and that took 2 hours.

NilfheimPwns August 16th, 2011 10:18 PM

2000(one player) versus 2100(3 players, 700 each)
That's probably it, It went on have a day and made Eltahale my new favorite unit. She took out more than 1000 pts probably. Eltahale is great against hordes and weaker bonding heroes. Killed Tornak in one hit, along with 2 blade gruts.

Sheep August 16th, 2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez (Post 1462913)
Wow. How long did that take to play?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallow (Post 1462933)
3000 points would be cool.

To be honest, I don't hink we even finished, that is if we even started. I think I counted up all the points total and then divided it by 3 or however many players there were and by then no one wanted to play. But, a 3000pt game with a crap load of Marro, isn't fun atleast I think, but maybe that's becuase Marro make more than half my army.