Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai March 19th, 2013 05:07 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1784244)
INFORMATION DOWNLOAD
Begin the game with up to 6 Power Glyphs. At the start of the game, before placing Order Markers, choose 1 Power Glyph and place it on this card. Twice per game, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, if Neo is unengaged, you may also reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to place 1 additional Power Glyph on this card.

I really like this version of Information Download. I didn't like the theme of Neo forgetting how to do kung fu mid battle.

Spidey'tilIDie March 21st, 2013 12:54 AM

Not sure its my place to say anything, but Vydar seems like the best fit. They are the heroic general that marries man and technology. Neo would be as close to a Kyrie as they might get.

Balantai March 21st, 2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1785320)
Not sure its my place to say anything, but Vydar seems like the best fit. They are the heroic general that marries man and technology. Neo would be as close to a Kyrie as they might get.

Thanks for the suggestion, Spidey. Everyone is welcome to post their ideas in this thread.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on Neo?

mac122 March 21st, 2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1785418)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1785320)

Thanks for the suggestion, Spidey. Everyone is welcome to post their ideas in this thread.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on Neo?

When I first thought about creating Neo a year or so ago, I thought Vydar for the same reasons you suggest. Since then, in the Heroscape storyline, Vydar has betrayed the other "good" generals (hated this, BTW). I see Neo as a "good" character and would have a problem putting him in Vydar for that reason.

William099 March 21st, 2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1784270)
Quote:

INFORMATION DOWNLOAD
Begin the game with up to 6 Power Glyphs. At the start of the game, before placing Order Markers, choose 1 Power Glyph and place it on this card. Twice per game, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, if Neo is unengaged, you may also reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to place 1 additional Power Glyph on this card.

I really like this version of Information Download. I didn't like the theme of Neo forgetting how to do kung fu mid battle.

I'd have to agree with Balantai on this one.

Taeblewalker March 22nd, 2013 02:45 AM

I agree. Kung Fu should be there all the time. Flying and the like are optional.

mac122 March 22nd, 2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 1785784)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1784270)
Quote:

INFORMATION DOWNLOAD

I'd have to agree with Balantai on this one.

Again, it's not so much that he forgot it, he just didn't use that power this round. However, I do believe this is a less complex version of ID. Do you guys prefer MANIPULATE THE MATRIX or THE ONE for the second power? How about the potential Power Glyph additions? Which should we do?

Quote:

Neo
Aquilla or Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Bold
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

INFORMATION DOWNLOAD

MANIPULATE THE MATRIX (or THE ONE (?))
When Neo rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. When Neo rolls defense dice against an adjacent attacking figure, if he rolls at least one shield, the most wounds he may take for this attack is one.

This design could use the Power Glyphs designed for Thomas Hunter.
Additional Power Glyph possibilities:
Phantom Walk
Ninjutsu Barrage Special Attack
Freerunner (from the Ezio Auditore design)
Lots of Guns SA
-This Power Glyph may only be placed on a figure with a Range number of 4 or higher. When this figure makes a normal attack, it may subtract 1 die from its Attack and reduce its Range number by 1. If it does, it may attack up to 3 additional times.
Kung Fu SA I think Whirlwind Assault represents this quite well.

Balantai March 22nd, 2013 10:46 AM

I like 'The One' better.

Otherwise, I like your first three power glyphs, but I'm still against the Lots of Guns power glyph. It just doesn't make thematic sense that it could be downloaded.

mac122 March 22nd, 2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1786034)
I like 'The One' better.

Otherwise, I like your first three power glyphs, but I'm still against the Lots of Guns power glyph. It just doesn't make thematic sense that it could be downloaded.

How about a Double Attack glyph then so he can at least get 2 attacks with range? The other option would be to go ahead and put Lots of Guns SA on the card. If we do, ID should go to 1 to start and 1 additional during the game so not to overpower the design.

Balantai March 22nd, 2013 12:11 PM

I'd prefer putting 'Lots of Guns' on Neo's card. Any other thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Dysole March 22nd, 2013 12:20 PM

Yeah...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1786101)
I'd prefer putting 'Lots of Guns' on Neo's card. Any other thoughts from the peanut gallery?

It makes a lot of sense to keep other characters from using it. The other option is to make it a power glyph that can only be used by certain races or classes but my guess is there is no precedent (a little hazy on the power glyphs for the other characters). If not, then it's probably easier to put it on his card.

~Dysole, who will note that while iconic the LOG SA is not essential to Neo's character in his opinion

mac122 March 22nd, 2013 12:21 PM

I think there were a few others that felt this way. I'd prefer to leave it off, but I can see the point of having it.

Quote:

Neo
Aquilla or Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Bold
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

INFORMATION DOWNLOAD
Begin the game with up to 6 Power Glyphs. At the start of the game, before placing Order Markers, choose 1 Power Glyph and place it on this card. Once per game, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, if Neo is unengaged, you may also reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to place 1 additional Power Glyph on this card.

LOTS OF GUNS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
Neo may use his Lots of Guns Special Attack up to 4 times each turn. He may attack the same or different figure with each attack.

THE ONE
When Neo rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. When Neo rolls defense dice against an adjacent attacking figure, if he rolls at least one shield, the most wounds he may take for this attack is one.

Additional Power Glyph possibilities:
Phantom Walk
Ninjutsu Barrage Special Attack
Freerunner (from the Ezio Auditore design)
-already have Whirlwind Assault to use as Kung Fu
What about the General. We've had suggestions for Aquilla, Einar, and Vydar. I'd prefer Aquilla or Einar, but I'm open to other suggestions as long as Neo ends up fighting for one of the "good" generals.