Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred July 17th, 2017 11:08 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2157229)
I'm not much of a fan of the rolling an additional time but U2 seems to be the better version

With version U2, you only roll again after first 17+
I felt it was less tedious than before a turn and then after a turn.
The reason why it needs to be in place is else he just fires the explosives every time. no reason to hold onto them. back to back gives no option.

Barry allen July 18th, 2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2156785)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2156759)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2156743)
Excellent. How insane was he shooting from the Wall before Alexander got up?

He was insane against most squad characters. The armoc vipers dropped like flies.

Sweet. Shall we keep him at Attack 1? (Attack +1 would add approx. 80 pts to cost.)

As for Get The Black Power, version U1 or U2?

I personally feel that 80 points with 2 for normal would be excellent. I prefer U2 right now as well. Now we are just waiting on my password recovery email so I can log into google docs and get my draft card.

JC McMinis July 18th, 2017 04:02 PM

I will try to get a new draft card up tonight. Will copy and paste from the various posts, unless someone wants to paste it all in a single post for me. Also Barry do you have a figure in mind.

Confred July 18th, 2017 09:31 PM

Single post incoming.
Note: There are 3 powers, and we've workshopped only 2

I'm highly doubtful of only 80 points. but worth trying I suppose.

GET THE BLACK POWDER
Before taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a black powder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a black powder marker on this card and roll for Get The Black Powder an additional time.

SAVIOR ARROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 2 + Special.
The defending figure and all other figures affected by William Garin's Savior Arrow Special Attack subtract one shield from their defense roll. When William Garin attacks with his Savior Arrow Special Attack, if there is a black powder marker on his Army Card, remove it to affect all figures adjacent to the defending figure. Roll attack dice once. Figures roll defense dice separately.

DEADLY TRICKSHOT
When William Garin rolls attack dice for a normal attack against a figure that isn't adjacent, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. After the attack, William Garin may attack up to two additional times.

Life 4
Range 5
Move 5
Attack 2
Defense 4
Points 80

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
MERCENARY
ADAPTIVE
MEDIUM 5

Confred July 18th, 2017 09:56 PM

~
CONCLUSIVE ARROW SPECIAL ATTACK (C)
After choosing a figure to attack with William Garin's Conclusive Arrow Special Attack, you may remove a black powder marker from this card to have all friendly and enemy figures adjacent to the chosen figure also be affected by the attack. Roll attack dice once. Each figure rolls defense dice separately and then subtracts one shield from its roll.

Don't love the name.. still working on it.
This is a modal power. You either get a long range accurate shot, or a long range accurate shot that effects multiple figures.

CONCLUSIVE ARROW SPECIAL ATTACK (L)
Range 8. Attack 3 + Special.
When attacking with William Garin's Conclusive Arrow Special Attack, remove a black powder marker from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack.

Taeblewalker July 18th, 2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2157341)
~
After choosing a figure to attack with William Garin's Conclusive Arrow Special Attack, you may remove a black powder marker from this card to have all friendly and enemy figures adjacent to the chosen figure also be affected by the attack. Roll attack dice once. Each figure rolls defense dice separately and then subtracts one shield from its roll.

This is a modal power. You either get a long range accurate shot, or a long range accurate shot that effects multiple figures.

When attacking with William Garin's Conclusive Arrow Special Attack, remove a black powder marker from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack.

I like the second one because it simply says all figures adjacent to the chosen figure instead of friendly plus enemy figures.

Confred July 19th, 2017 07:16 AM

I liked bypassing armor, but that does add words. And trimming should happen. If every power is packed with words, the less fun it is imo

JC McMinis July 19th, 2017 02:14 PM

Why not just explosive arrow?

Confred July 19th, 2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2157398)
Why not just explosive arrow?

I was looking for a word that made sense with or without black powder

JC McMinis July 19th, 2017 09:16 PM

Sorry had a duh moment and forgot he will have the special attack without the powder as well.:p

Confred July 20th, 2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2157450)
Sorry had a duh moment and forgot he will have the special attack without the powder as well.:p

Multi part names could work too

Horde Slayer
Etc
Best would be homage to movie, but still accurate

Since powder uses custom element, name doesn't have to be modal

Barry allen July 20th, 2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2157341)
~

I like "L" the most. The only thing is though we'd need it to be:

When attacking with William Garin's Conclusive Arrow Special Attack, you may remove a black powder marker from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack.

For the markers this will work
http://rlv.zcache.com/cannonball_rou..._8byvr_512.jpg

I'm still looking for a figure to use right now. Confred, amazing draft almost what I did I left his attack at one and I just added this:

Defend The Wall
When William is on a wall (trying to word being on a wall) His normal attack and defense are increased by one. If he is not on a wall then his normal attack and defense are decreased by one to a minimum of one.