Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   HeroQuest Revival? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57947)

Hogg September 12th, 2020 09:48 PM

HeroQuest Revival?

https://heroquest.avalonhill.com/en-...4j6a7ml6iytu7U

I'm not sure if this is real or not but there appears to be some kind of activity associated with the HeroQuest brand, a predecessor to HeroScape.

There is a website with a countdown and the HeroQuest logo. Its at about 9 days right now. There are Hasbro, Avalon Hill, and ESRB logos on the site too.

I'm not sure if its legitimate or not. There aren't copyright or trademarks on the HeroQuest logo, but there is copyright information at the bottom of the site. The ESRB logo makes me think it could be a digital release. There is also a similar Twitter account that was just created but hasn't posted any information yet.

If this is an officitial revisitation of HeroQuest then it could mean there is hope for future HeroScape products.

Jexik September 12th, 2020 10:31 PM

Re: HeroQuest Revival?

We can hope, right? Also makes me think of Battlemasters.

IAmBatman September 13th, 2020 01:35 PM

There's something legitimate occurring with this. :2cents:

Thine dude September 13th, 2020 03:06 PM

I'm excited about this reveal, both for itself and the possible trend of these kind of miniature games being revived in the future!

I have a feeling it might strike a fair sized market, with the recent surge in popularity of previously "nerdy and too complicated" games like DnD and the like becoming more mainstream.

IAmBatman September 13th, 2020 05:08 PM

I hope they solve the Zargon problem.

Jamminguitar September 13th, 2020 10:05 PM

I think this is probably a Heroquest video game adaptation rather than a board game, due to the ESRB rating. Maybe it'll be successful and warrant a new board game?

IAmBatman September 13th, 2020 10:16 PM

Huh. That's interesting. Good catch.

Thine dude September 13th, 2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamminguitar (Post 2417953)
I think this is probably a Heroquest video game adaptation rather than a board game, due to the ESRB rating. Maybe it'll be successful and warrant a new board game?

I assumed it might be a hybrid game, since board games with apps or software involved are sometimes also rated by the ESRB.
But perhaps it is simply a digital only product.

Hogg September 14th, 2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2417907)

what was the Zargon problem? Just that the game requires a GM, or something else?

IAmBatman September 14th, 2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogg (Post 2417989)
Quote:

what was the Zargon problem? Just that the game requires a GM, or something else?

Exactly that the game requires a GM. And that being the GM for it isn't particularly fun. Makes it a lot tougher to get it on the table.

lefton4ya September 14th, 2020 11:50 AM

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/medium/...pic5652716.png
Twitter Bio says boardgame, but ESRB logo on page makes me think like it is a boardgame with companion app (maybe to GM it). Hope it comes with pre-painted minis though.

Also of Note, apparently Restoration Games (Rob Daviau owns, who co-made HeroQuest and Heroscape and invented "Legacy" games) trademarked "HeroQuest Legacy" a couple of months ago with these tags:
Quote:

Board games; Card games; Dice games; Playing pieces in the nature of miniature action figures and toy model vehicles for use with table top hobby battle games in the nature of battle, war and skirmish games, and fantasy games; Tabletop games; Tabletop hobby battle games in the nature of battle, war and skirmish games, and fantasy games, and playing equipment sold as a unit therewith

Watch this video.

TREX September 14th, 2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2417996)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogg (Post 2417989)
Quote:

Exactly that the game requires a GM. And that being the GM for it isn't particularly fun. Makes it a lot tougher to get it on the table.

Not having to have a GM or DM is the reason that Ive taken a liking to games like zombicide, and massive darkness. Allows for coop play without anyone having to sit by to help others have the fun. Never played Heroquest though. Heroscape was the accidental gateway game to "my plasticrack paradise". Now that I say that. That would be one heck of a title under someones name.:lol: