Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Marvel Ultimate Alliance... for Wii or Xbox? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8174)

ej April 24th, 2007 05:39 PM

Marvel Ultimate Alliance... for Wii or Xbox?

I don't have a Wii yet, just an Xbox, but I'm working through X-Men Legends II and am contemplating purchasing MUA. Does anyone have it for the Wii? What say you?

johnny139 April 24th, 2007 05:46 PM

I have it for the Wii. If you can't do any better, get it, but if the XBOX version is available, that one would be better. I havn't even played it on the box, and I can tell you that. The motion controls are tacked on, it lacks online, and there are less missions.

ej April 24th, 2007 05:51 PM

Just to clarify, I'm talking Original Xbox, not 360. And I had a suspicion that the motion controls would feel odd. Can you control the game "traditionally" with the non-wiimote controller?

johnny139 April 24th, 2007 05:54 PM

Nope, you need a Wiimote. But you can use the A-button and such. Though Wii does have two more characters... but it's only Colossus and some other guy. Not very important, unless you're a fan.

InfinityMax April 24th, 2007 07:38 PM

I played it on the Wii. I thought it was awesome, and was glad I wasn't on Xbox. However, the experience is completely different.

Pros for Wii:
Controls are more fun
Easier to get non-gamers to partner up
And yeah, Colossus! How can that not be important?!

Pros for Xbox:
Much tighter controls
Don't have to stand up to play a video game

One thing anyone who plays Wii will notice is that the motion detection is spotty. In some cases, you can be waving that little stick around and get nothing for your efforts, and it can be irritating. Like you'll be pumping your arm up and down and your guy won't jump, just spin kick in place (random example - not sure that applies to MUA).

Havokscry April 24th, 2007 07:59 PM

If you do decide to upgrade to a 360, they are releasing some dlc (down loadable content) in the next few weeks. You'll be able to play the Hulk, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Venom, Dr. Doom, Sabertooth, and Magneto.

I want to smash with Hulk.

Hex Sinister April 24th, 2007 11:53 PM

Aw man! Hulk and Hawkeye? Aw man, I wish they were on my version. There are still two characters I haven't unlocked and I was hoping one was Bruce Banner. I know the other is Black Panther... Maybe it's Vision then? Shh, don't tell me. I wasn't really thrilled with having the X-Men in this game. It would have been way better with some other guys. Anyway, I dunno about Wii but the regular xbox is decent. I'm gonna go rock it as soon as the gf is done with American Idol

Dartheyegouger April 25th, 2007 04:14 PM

I played the Wii version sitting down.

jcb231 April 25th, 2007 06:01 PM

I've played a few different versions of this now....

I feel the XBOX 360 version is hands-down the best. No wonky tacked-on motion controls AND it has extra characters and the potential for downloadable content....a potential which is very shortly going to be fufilled.

The Wii version is the very definition of non-intuitive. It's yet ANOTHER example of a game that is just a last-minute port to motion control, and was clearly designed to be played with a traditional controller. I'm becoming very dissapointed in the Wii. Hopefully Mario Galaxy and other upcoming titles will change that dissapointment.

Second best version, after the 360, is probably original XBOX. If you have no plans to buy a 360 or PS3 I'd purchase the classic Xbox verison now.