Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred April 24th, 2016 08:48 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Thanks JC, much better.

Needs one thumbs up to finish.

McHotcakes April 27th, 2016 03:19 PM

I'm glad I decided to check in on this project after a few months off of this site. I've read through the thread to catch up on what I missed and really like how Doofenshmirtz has shaped up.

I say yay! :thumbsup:

Confred April 27th, 2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2086752)
I'm glad I decided to check in on this project after a few months off of this site. I've read through the thread to catch up on what I missed and really like how Doofenshmirtz has shaped up.

I say yay! :thumbsup:

Excellent, that was our final vote.

Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz Passes, welcome to HoF!
:toast:

Who's next - and what is the current list? Add our new members to the end of it. By the time it's their turn, they'll be vets ;)

TREX April 27th, 2016 09:37 PM

@Confred , also remember to take me off the list. I still will ease drop in on what you guys are doing though. I still like the project, just don't have the time.:) Good to see this evil Genious getting his due.

JC McMinis April 28th, 2016 12:12 AM

Mayhap everyone still wanting to be an active member should chime in. Obviously @TREX is bowing out as full fledge member. I for one am still in.

CJofCourse April 28th, 2016 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2086837)
Mayhap everyone still wanting to be an active member should chime in. Obviously @TREX is bowing out as full fledge member. I for one am still in.

I, even though I am not a member yet. Also, I believe that @Taeblewalker was the next member in order for lead designer.

CJofCourse April 28th, 2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2036813)
This is the last posted order so yes @Dysole is next

JC McMinis
TREX
Dysole
Taeblewalker
Machineking
McHotcakes
Confred

Double-checked just to make sure. Taeblewalker if he is still active, otherwise it is Hotcakes or Confred.

Confred April 28th, 2016 02:10 AM

So if I'm correct the Design Lead Queue is:

Taeblewalker
Machineking
McHotcakes - Captain Jack
Confred - Dexter Morgan
CJtheMighty
Barry allen
JC McMinis - Percy Jackson
Dysole - Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Edit: Added most recent designs of each player on the list; (TREX - Kratos). Note: By memory; I'll edit any needed corrections.

Barry allen April 28th, 2016 01:45 PM

I would like to join if possible.

Taeblewalker April 28th, 2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2086885)
I would like to join if possible.

I don't see why not.

As for my design, I'm doing Ookla the Mok from Thundarr the Barbarian!

I think he should have a power that lets him rend opponents if he hits with both mitts. That would require a double attack. He would fight for Aquilla, so he already bonds with Thundarr. I'm not sure yet what other powers I would give him. Any ideas?

Confred April 28th, 2016 09:13 PM

Describe the character for us. How does he fit into the source series, what role does he play there? Why would Aquilla recruit him? Does he have any iconic behaviors, abilities? In show power level?
This will be fun. The research portion is one of my favorites.

Confred April 29th, 2016 10:32 AM

Initial, sketchy, thoughts: He's a melee brute that rips up terrain and throws stuff. He has a bow, but doubtful that aspect will make it to the card (kind of like how Grimnak's bow has no effect).

This period is for brainstorming, describing aspects and functions of the character. It is not about ironing out mechanics, mentioning possible mechanics sure, but the key is to list multiple things and choose from that list to shape the eventual design.