Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31370)

Hahma July 25th, 2010 10:07 AM

Re: Green Lantern: Guy Gardner - Design Phase

It's fun in deciding how to use WO, wound marker or battery, but early on in the game it was a no brainer to me to just take the wound to maximize the attack and defense. But when he gets to only having 1 life left, you have to burn a BM if you want to use WO.

He's definitely fun, and going against other GLs or Sinestro makes for a lot of risk taking at times when rolling for defense while saving BM's to use against bigger attacks or to burn for their own attacks as in the case of Guy and Sinestro.

IAmBatman July 25th, 2010 12:50 PM

Sounds to me like the eventual GL booster here is going to be a real winner. :-)

IAmBatman July 26th, 2010 01:33 AM

Hahma, after talking with Spidey and Griff on Skype, I've decided to drop Guy's defense to 2. No need to retest anything, but please adjust for future playtests. :-)

Hahma July 26th, 2010 06:20 AM

Okay

Edit: I had already ran two mid-level hero tests with him the old way last night before I saw this change. However, I did make the change when I ran a squad test with him this morning before work.

Are you trying to get him to the 320-330 point level? Dropping a defense for a GL is a pretty big deal, Guy in particular because he's going to be less likely to us WO as often because if he takes a wound to use it, then with his lowered defense, it's that much easier for him to add more wounds by rolling poor defense dice. He certainly won't want to burn a Battery Marker to use WO because his defense will be low enough with 4 markers at 6, that he really would lose a lot offensively and defensively by burning one and as we know, once the BM's go off, often it's a downward spiral. Anyway, I was saying that he shouldn't still be coming in at 340 points with a defense of 2 IMO.

IAmBatman July 26th, 2010 01:07 PM

Yeah, I think getting him to 320-330 points was part of the intent. It seemed more thematic to the character for him to be a little lower than Hal - and also for him to be less concerned for his own life and limb. So if you want to adjust where you're testing him at to 320-330 that'd be OK.
Sorry for the last minute change! I know I promised a straightforward test here. Blame Spidey for not being around earlier to talk me into this. :-P
Definitely don't retest anything, though. I really think between what you have left to test and the other two tests, we'll have a very solid view of his overall cost by the end.

Hahma July 28th, 2010 10:57 PM

I didn't forget about Guy :D

I've got the mid-level test done prior to defense change, but have the squad test done with change to defense and I just finished Army Test 1 with the change to defense. Right now, he's looking to be a solid 280. :p

Just kidding. But unless he surprises me in Army Test 2, I'm thinking 320 might be a starting point for the other playtesters to go with. Losing even 1 defense for a GL is really extra tough. But for Guy, it's extra tough because of Willful Overextend. With only a 6 defense, he certainly isn't going to burn a Battery Marker often to use WO. And with a lower defense, it makes taking a wound for WO that much more dangerous. With the lower defense, he may have to opt to burn a BM when otherwise he wouldn't and we know how they start going down hill after burning BMs.

So, I'll try to get the final Army Test and updated test sheet done by Saturday morning.

Spidey'tilIDie July 28th, 2010 11:26 PM

Mini choices for this Guy (I know, I know :rolleyes: )
http://www.hcrealms.com/units/jl055.jpg
And just for giggles, here is a mod I did using Rip Hunter and Gravity, 2 inexpensive figs.http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/w...peminis132.jpg

IAmBatman July 28th, 2010 11:30 PM

I think 320 is a pretty good spot for him, though. I mean, I know we've made some slobberknockers lately, but 320 is nothing to be ashamed of. ;)
And don't worry, I wasn't sweating this one with everything that's been going on lately. Definitely don't push yourself beyond reason.
Personally I'm taking a break from playtesting at the moment - I might pick back up this weekend.

IAmBatman July 28th, 2010 11:31 PM

Good mod! :-) Hey, Spidey, I don't suppose you know the figure and set numbers on this guy off hand?
Thanks greatly for the pics, btw! First post updated in a jiff!

Spidey'tilIDie July 28th, 2010 11:34 PM

Off hand I'd guess Justice League #55, since that is what is in the link. ;)
I have recently figured out how to make the logo a small printed plastic piece, so wait until he is finished!

IAmBatman July 28th, 2010 11:41 PM

lol - doh! Guess I should've read the link name more closely. :-) Guy Gardner, Justice League, #55 coming up in the first post!
Thanks so much!

Griffin July 28th, 2010 11:54 PM

I think that the defense change is great. That is going to encourage me to keep Over Extending by placing wounds on him, and keep using the Shield to defend against attacks. I know he will diminish that way, but the attrition of his attacks could balance him out and be brutal. Deadpool's double attack of 4 is pretty darn scary at times too.