Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ultron (Drone) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55958)

tcglkn July 16th, 2019 12:58 AM

The Book of Ultron (Drone)

The Book of Ultron (Drone)

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 21
COMBATANTS AND CARNIVORES

https://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/rele...rone_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Drone_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel Age of Ultron set.
Its model number and name are #015 / Ultron Drone.

Character Bio - Once he gained his sentience, Ultron decided that it would be better if he ruled the world. What better army than an army of yourself? Ultron never found an acceptable answer to that question and continues to threaten the safety of the world.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Ultron (Ultron Pym) adds 2 to his roll when he chooses an Ultron and rolls for his Program Transmission special power, due to its Ultron Imperative 2 special power.
  • Ultron can activate other Ultron (Drone) heroes or Ultron (Ultron Pym) with its Age of Ultron special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

tcglkn July 16th, 2019 01:00 AM

Re: The Book of Ultron Drones - Breathing Period

NAME = Ultron

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = EFFICIENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 100

AGE OF ULTRON
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Ultron or Event Ultron you control, instead of taking a turn normally with that figure, you may move up to two Ultrons you control up to 4 spaces each and attack with up to two Unique Ultrons or one Event Ultron you control.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, this Ultron always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

ULTRON IMPERATIVE 2
Whenever this Ultron is chosen for Ultron’s Program Transmission 20 special power, add 2 to the 20-sided die roll.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

tcglkn July 16th, 2019 01:01 AM

Only thing I am thinking about tweaking on the design is allowing you to move OMs when with the first power if the figure with them gets destroyed.

japes July 16th, 2019 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2296820)
Only thing I am thinking about tweaking on the design is allowing you to move OMs when with the first power if the figure with them gets destroyed.

Never needed it with the Sentinels. At 100 points it would be easy to just leave one in the back with the OM.

Yodaking July 16th, 2019 02:09 AM

If I'm understanding you correctly, I like that idea. Basically, if the Drone with the OM's on his card gets taken out, you can move them all to a different Drone and not lose any turns.

tcglkn July 16th, 2019 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2296832)
If I'm understanding you correctly, I like that idea. Basically, if the Drone with the OM's on his card gets taken out, you can move them all to a different Drone and not lose any turns.

That was the idea. It is a network after all.

Yodaking July 16th, 2019 02:57 AM

At just 3 life and 3+1 defense, I can see a Thor or Hulk taking one out in one attack. No issues with that, seems correct thematically to me, just means whoever has the OM gets a target on them so rescuing lost OM's for the network seems like a smart idea to me. I'd even consider extending it to include removed OM's via special powers. So Beast tries to negotiate away an OM, and it has no effect, since the OM just moves to another Drone. Seems on point thematically that the Drones don't really respond to negotiation or intimidation, and is also immune to things like Iceman's freeze. Ultron made them fairly sturdy and they are robots. As long as it's limited to just other Drones (and maybe Ultron himself), it shouldn't be a problem.

Lazy Orang July 16th, 2019 05:00 AM

I'm not a fan of Adamanteum Tough here - Adamanteum is rare, and I remember Ronin mentioning that the drones were specifically not made out of the stuff. Feels like it cheapens Adamanteum thematically if you can have armies of robots built head to toe out of the stuff, you know?
I also feel as though there should be some multi-turn potential with them and possibly ULTRON. They could use some stronger synergy with him, honestly - ULTRON Imperative's nice, but I feel as though you're not terribly encouraged to pair them with him, which I think you should be. Thematically, I don't see the need for them to get too much use without him - their role should, IMO, be to turn ULTRON into a faction all his own.

Ronin July 16th, 2019 09:41 AM

Yeah, I'm like 90% certain that at least in Busiek's Ultron story (the first 'loads and loads of Ultrons' story), they weren't adamantium.

I'd expect a lot more efficiency than Drone Networking is giving them. That approach makes sense for the Sentinels, but these guys should be swarmier. As-is it feels like they're incentivized to park in the SZ until Ultron goes down (since they don't offer much on offense and they can at least give Ultron a bonus to his transmission rolls as an escape hatch), and then run out and fight the Avengers, one Drone at a time. I don't think it's the right vibe.

Ultron Imperative should also be at least a 4. Doesn't scan to me that Ultron would have a harder time with them than with Jocasta.

MrNobody July 16th, 2019 10:13 AM

I’d love to see them at 80 points so you could get Ultron + 4 Drones for 1000.

IAmBatman July 16th, 2019 10:28 AM

If they're not made of Adamantium, what are they made of? I really like the power and it's pretty much the centerpiece of the card the public voted in. Is this a deal where we can just replace the Adamantium with another appropriate word and keep everything else the same?

MrNobody July 16th, 2019 10:46 AM

It’s a reused power off of Daddy Ultron himself so no. I disagree it’s the centerpiece of the card, especially as a reuse.