Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Josie Whistlestop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51718)

Just_a_Bill May 18th, 2015 11:10 PM

The Book of Josie Whistlestop

The Book of Josie Whistlestop

C3V Wave 6 - Crevcor's Commission - Heroes of the Dark Lakes

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...r_original.jpg
Printer-Friendly PDF

The figure used for this unit is a DC HeroClix figure from the Jonah Hex Battle Pack. The name of the figure used is Lilah.

Character Bio: Josie learned at a young age that a girl finding her own way alone in the world had to be quick. She didn't have the fanciest six-shooters in the west, or the long rifles some of the other gunslingers carried, but there was nobody faster. Nobody.

Quote:

QUICK SHOT
When Josie Whistlestop attacks, she may attack up to 2 additional times. Subtract 1 from Josie's Attack value on her second attack and subtract 2 from her Attack value on her third attack.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • TOMBSTONE GUNSLINGER : Outlaw Band
    As a Unique Outlaw Hero, if there is at least one Order Marker on Josie Whistlestop when you reveal an Order Marker on a Tombstone Gunslinger, she allows him to first take a turn with one other Common Outlaw Hero you control using his OUTLAW BAND.

• TOMBSTONE GUNSLINGER : High Noon
    As a Unique Outlaw Hero, Josie Whistlestop allows a Tombstone Gunslinger to add an additional attack die using his HIGH NOON if she is within 2 clear sight spaces of him.
Synergy Benefits Received
  • LAGLOR : Vydar's Range Enhancement Aura
    As a figure with Range of 4 or more who follows Vydar, Josie Whistlestop may add 2 to her Range using Laglor's VYDAR'S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA.

• COMMAND COURIER : Command Dispatch
    As a medium Unique Hero who follows Vydar, Josie Whistlestop may take an extra turn using the Command Courier's COMMAND DISPATCH.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking & Master Index
Discount Skahen; her range isn’t long enough to keep herself safe from being engaged and taken out. B-

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...e_original.jpg

Dysole May 19th, 2015 12:14 AM

Your Wish Is My Command

Receives benefits from Laglor's aura and Command Courier.

~Dysole, who thinks that's all of them

Just_a_Bill May 19th, 2015 07:09 AM

Re: Your Wish Is My Command

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2022140)
Receives benefits from Laglor's aura and Command Courier.

Thanks; I ran out of steam last night before finishing all my research.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2022140)
~Dysole, who thinks that's all of them

It is. She's neither tricky enough for Cover Fire nor sufficiently Soulborgesque for Homing Device.

Just_a_Bill May 19th, 2015 08:31 AM

Re: The Book of Josie Whistlestop

Josie is another figure that says "value" when she means "number." Official Heroscape was highly consistent on that one. If somebody can adjust the card image and PDF, I'll update the OP.

caps May 19th, 2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill (Post 2022165)
Josie is another figure that says "value" when she means "number." Official Heroscape was highly consistent on that one. If somebody can adjust the card image and PDF, I'll update the OP.

False. The card says "value", and not "number", where it intends to.

Dad_Scaper May 19th, 2015 11:09 AM

Yup.

JAB, the treatment of "number" and "value" is part of the Editing checklist. I think you will find that our editors are more careful than you give them credit for, if you would but ask first, and shoot later. ;)

Just_a_Bill May 19th, 2015 01:03 PM

Indeed, I stand corrected. I was jumping back and forth between both sides of the house, got my wires crossed, and applied a C3G standard by mistake.

I'm sorry for the error, and I meant no slight or offense to the C3V team. My goal is to help, not irritate. Clearly I have given offense, and I regret that. My matter-of-fact tone is not meant to be judgmental; I just state things plainly as a matter of editorial habit. We all make mistakes, and even editors need editors, so none of this reflects on anyone's work. There are a ton of details to manage and none of us can do it alone. In my world, the end result is the goal, and sometimes I forget how easy it is to give offense, especially when we are all emotionally invested in the game. In this case, I did not ask questions first because there is a clear standard on the C3G side of the house (146 to 0 last time I checked); thus the (inappropriate) confidence in how I phrased my post.

This is my mistake, and I apologize. I'll pay more attention in the future.

Dad_Scaper May 19th, 2015 01:16 PM

My goodness! There's no need for any kind of apology, let alone such a theatrical one. Constructive criticism is always welcome, even if it is not, ultimately, going to lead to a change.

Thank you for setting up all these threads, JAB. :thumbsup:

Sherman Davies May 19th, 2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill (Post 2022259)
There are a ton of details to manage and none of us can do it alone.

True, which is why I'm glad we have three editors (quozl, Scytale and Xotli) who are among the hardest working and most savvy members of C3V.

Dad_Scaper May 19th, 2015 09:19 PM

To be fair, as I've already said to JaB privately, they - and we - are not above making mistakes. Constructive criticism is always welcome, of course.

Just_a_Bill May 19th, 2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman Davies (Post 2022433)
we have three editors (quozl, Scytale and Xotli) who are among the hardest working and most savvy members of C3V.

Agreed. It was my privilege to be able to work with them, very briefly, some time ago, and got to see that first-hand. Also the high quality of the final product of their efforts speaks for itself. For the handful of nitpicks I raise, there are tons of great individual editing decisions that usually don't get acknowledged. It's one of those jobs where doing it well makes one invisible.

Not User Name May 19th, 2015 10:26 PM

This "argument" ^ shows how much class people have on this website. Everything is resolved in apologetic and kind way. If this community existed in real life we'd probably have the lowest crime rate in the world.

Edit: I should probably say something about how great of a job you guys do at C3V. Thanks for the new figures.