Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

CJofCourse August 17th, 2016 01:40 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2105899)
SPECIAL ORDERS
TEMPORARY TREASURE GLYPH
After this figure, or any friendly figure, takes a turn, this figure may immediately destroy Special Orders to take an additional turn.

Ooooooo.... Yes, this^, I think this is awesome. I can't find any wording issues, so, bump her up by 10~25 and I think she's ready!

JC McMinis August 17th, 2016 02:59 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Here is the card with the updated wording and the fixed hit zone

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psfsnqxvud.jpg

Confred August 17th, 2016 03:34 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2105917)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2105899)
SPECIAL ORDERS
TEMPORARY TREASURE GLYPH
After this figure, or any friendly figure, takes a turn, this figure may immediately destroy Special Orders to take an additional turn.

Ooooooo.... Yes, this^, I think this is awesome. I can't find any wording issues, so, bump her up by 10~25 and I think she's ready!

I'm not suggesting she come with the Glyph. I suggest the Glyph as a promo to include in her scenarios.

CJofCourse August 17th, 2016 03:40 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2105960)
I'm not suggesting she come with the Glyph. I suggest the Glyph as a promo to include in her scenarios.

Ah, that sounds like a good idea, that also means we don't have figure out point costs and such. So, does this mean that Faith is ready?

McHotcakes August 17th, 2016 04:51 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I like it. I like it a lot. I just have a few minor tweaks to suggest.
Quote:

PARKOUR MOVEMENT
When moving, Faith ignores height limits and leaving engagement attacks. She may move through all figures and climb over obstacles such as ruins. At any point during her move, she may do a parkour moveleap. Parkour moves Leap counts every 3 level increases in elevation as 1 space and may count any lower levels in elevation as same-level spaces. After her parkour moveleap, she may continue moving normally. She must end her move on an empty space.
I added over obstacles because climb obstacles suggests she is staying on top of them. Just a minor nitpick.

I'm not super crazy about using the term "Parkour Move," especially considering the parent name of the power is Parkour Movement. I think it should be changed to help differentiatie it. I just put it as Leap, but I'd be willing to meet half way and call it "Parkour Leap" or something along those lines.

Also will Parkour Move/Leap have any limit on the move? Should we say Parkour Move/Leap has a move of 3 or something like that? It says after using Parkour Move/Leap Faith can continue wording normally. I'm just wondering when does the Parkour Move/Leap end and the normal move begin?

--------------------------------------------

Also, I know we had talked about it earlier but I can't remember what we decided, what about Faith's gun? I'm okay with potentially dropping it, but it might seem a little awkward considering the chosen figure is holding a gun. :shrug:

Confred August 17th, 2016 08:29 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Her holding a gun is NP because there are official figures with bows, etc, that don't have ranged attacks.

There is no set value to the parkour moves. Her entire movement could be one long string of parkour moves.
Leap is a no go due to Leap having a precedent of set movement.
I'm fine with naming "parkour moves" something else. I thought it tied well with the parent name but I have an alternate suggestion: "trick move"
Edit: I don't like "trick move" as much as parkour move. I think we should stick with "parkour move." Not calling it that would be like not using "fly" in the Flying special power.

Edit 2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes
I'm just wondering when does the Parkour Move/Leap end and the normal move begin?

Normal move begins at the next space unless reactivated, which is done instantly due to the "any time" clause. I'll remove the "normal" from phrasing because parkour movement isnt a normal move, neither is flying, or shadow walking to be honest.
The power enables a constant disengage+
However, at any time she may ever a trick move state. The state is for only one space, but she may do it any time and thus for any number of spaces. Trick moving 3 spaces would technically be 3 trick moves - which has no relevance or triggers, yet, and is fairly easy to avoid in writing other powers so nothing breaks.
When active, she has feather fall/super climb

Removed "moving normally"
Added "move over obstacles"


Current:
PARKOUR MOVEMENT (C1)
When moving, Faith ignores height limits and leaving engagement attacks. She may move through all figures and climb over obstacles such as ruins. At any point during her move, she may do a trick move. Trick moves count every 3 level increases in elevation as 1 space and may count any lower levels in elevation as same-level spaces. After her trick move, she may continue moving. She must end her move on an empty space.


Note: Last two sentences may possibly be removed.
PARKOUR MOVEMENT (A1)
When moving, Faith ignores height limits and leaving engagement attacks. She may move through all figures and climb over obstacles such as ruins. At any point during her move, she may do a trick move. Trick moves count every 3 level increases in elevation as 1 space and may count any lower levels in elevation as same-level spaces.

Edit 3: Abbreviated version feels hanging.
PARKOUR MOVEMENT (A2)
When moving, Faith ignores height limits and leaving engagement attacks. She may move through all figures and climb over obstacles such as ruins. At any point during her move, she may do a trick move. Trick moves count every 3 level increases in elevation as 1 space and may count any lower levels in elevation as same-level spaces. She must end her trick move on any space where she may end her movement. After her trick move, Faith may continue moving.
Edit 4: I suspect trick move mode will be simplified and removed. For now I will sleep on it.

CJofCourse August 18th, 2016 12:57 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2106004)
Leap is a no go due to Leap having a precedent of set movement.
I'm fine with naming "parkour moves" something else. I thought it tied well with the parent name but I have an alternate suggestion: "trick move"
Edit: I don't like "trick move" as much as parkour move. I think we should stick with "parkour move." Not calling it that would be like not using "fly" in the Flying special power.

I think trick should be reserved for exactly that, a trick, this isn't really a trick. I'm slightly partial to "Parkour Move" myself, because that is exactly what this is, a form of movement. Climbing, dropping, it's movement, not a trick, and not limited to a "leap".

Confred August 18th, 2016 02:12 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2106041)
I think trick should be reserved for exactly that, a trick, this isn't really a trick. I'm slightly partial to "Parkour Move" myself, because that is exactly what this is, a form of movement. Climbing, dropping, it's movement, not a trick, and not limited to a "leap".

Thanks, when using the "parkour move" verbiage my mind created pleasant images of her doing various things including but not limited to leaping.

JC McMinis August 18th, 2016 05:27 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
How about we simplify it even further and elimnate the 'Trick' as a move within her move thus making her movement fluid so she can do as many 'tricks' as she can via move points

PARKOUR MOVEMENT (A3)
When moving, Faith ignores height limits and leaving engagement attacks. She may move through all figures and climb over obstacles such as ruins. When moving Faith count every 3 level increases in elevation as 1 space and may count any lower levels in elevation as same-level spaces. Faith must always end her move on an empty space where she can end her moement.

Example
With her move of 6 this would allow her to for example move 1 space, then climb a height of 3 (now has used 2 points of her move), leap to another space with a height of 3 that is 3 spaces away (has used 5 points of her move) and then move 1 more space giving her 6 movement points. So in this way she performed 2 tricks in one movement. Which you see parkour people do all the time.

Barry allen August 19th, 2016 06:20 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2106056)
How about we simplify it even further and elimnate the 'Trick' as a move within her move thus making her movement fluid so she can do as many 'tricks' as she can via move points

PARKOUR MOVEMENT (A3)
When moving, Faith ignores height limits and leaving engagement attacks. She may move through all figures and climb over obstacles such as ruins. When moving Faith count every 3 level increases in elevation as 1 space and may count any lower levels in elevation as same-level spaces. Faith must always end her move on an empty space where she can end her moement.

Example
With her move of 6 this would allow her to for example move 1 space, then climb a height of 3 (now has used 2 points of her move), leap to another space with a height of 3 that is 3 spaces away (has used 5 points of her move) and then move 1 more space giving her 6 movement points. So in this way she performed 2 tricks in one movement. Which you see parkour people do all the time.

Nice thinking. I like it. I'll try this version instead. It limits her but keeps the ability true to the character.

JC McMinis August 19th, 2016 10:39 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Was just thinking. I am guessing Faith can drop pretty good distances in this game, was just thinking perhaps we should add.

PARKOUR MOVEMENT (A3.5)
When moving, Faith ignores height limits and leaving engagement attacks. She may move through all figures and climb over obstacles such as ruins. When moving Faith count every 3 level increases in elevation as 1 space and may count any lower levels in elevation as same-level spaces. Faith must always end her move on an empty space where she can end her movement. Faith never takes falling damage and rolls one less die for major falling damage.

CJofCourse August 20th, 2016 12:41 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2106323)
PARKOUR MOVEMENT (A3.5)
When moving, Faith ignores height limits and leaving engagement attacks. She may move through all figures and climb over obstacles such as ruins. When moving Faith count every 3 level increases in elevation as 1 space and may count any lower levels in elevation as same-level spaces. Faith must always end her move on an empty space where she can end her movement. Faith never takes falling damage and rolls one less die for major falling damage.

Yes, I don't know how we could overlook this, she can fall from great heights (According to my limited knowledge of the character) and this should be implemented into her figure. Also, the wording looks fine to me.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.