Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis May 16th, 2015 07:42 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Ok updated card. Points raised to 240, D20 roll removed from Hydrokenisis and one bit added to Hydrokenisis that we may have forgot about...ie what if Percy moves someone over the edge of a cliff.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psxtuvg1jl.jpg

TREX May 16th, 2015 10:45 AM

Looks good, I would change the wording on the last bit to. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take any leaving engagement attacks and will take falling damage. I think the "if necessary", is unnecessary:). I like this version better, because hes guaranteed to get to throw them, and the points reflect his awesomeness better.

Dysole May 16th, 2015 10:55 AM

I Like To Move Move It

You'll probably want this instead.

takes no leaving engagement attacks. Non flying figures moved lower by Hydrokinesis Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.

I'm also hesitant about auto movement. It's super powerful and has the potential to cause him to knock people in lava. Even without lava, it's fairly potent although at least we have the restriction of small medium and wounding. I still feel leery.

~Dysole, who thinks we might be close to done though

Confred May 16th, 2015 01:19 PM

Re: I Like To Move Move It

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2021658)
You'll probably want this instead.

1) takes no leaving engagement attacks. Non flying figures moved lower by Hydrokinesis Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.

2) I'm also hesitant about auto movement. It's super powerful and has the potential to cause him to knock people in lava. Even without lava, it's fairly potent although at least we have the restriction of small medium and wounding. I still feel leery.

3) ~Dysole, who thinks we might be close to done though

1) The water makes the wings soggy and the force of the water finishes the deal, thus flying figures should still be affected. I disagree with the restriction and increased complication.

2) Tactical Switch doesn't require a 20-sided roll. I dislike extra hoops. If we add the 20-sided requirement back, I'd like to suggest making the effort more worthwhile:

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v1)
Range 2+Special. Attack 2+Special.
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of his Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Percy Jackson's Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, you may place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack are never attacked for leaving an engagement and will take any falling damage.
-
HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v2)
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of his Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When attacking small or medium figures and at least 1 skull is rolled and the chosen figure isn't destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack are never attacked for leaving an engagement and will take any falling damage.
-
HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v3)
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range, attack, and 20-sided die roll of his Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When attacking small or medium figures, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, move that figure up to 2 spaces. Figures moved with Hydrokinesis Special Attack are never attacked for leaving an engagement and will take any falling damage.

3) Indeed, he feels close to completion

McHotcakes May 16th, 2015 04:55 PM

Re: I Like To Move Move It

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2021697)
HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v1)
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of his Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Percy Jackson's Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, you may place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack are never attacked for leaving an engagement and will take any falling damage.

I'm liking this version of Hydrokinesis. Just a few thoughts though.

Quote:

When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of his Hydrokinesis Special Attack.
I don't think we have to specify that it is his Hydrokinesis.

Quote:

If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Percy Jackson's Hydrokinesis Special Attack
Again I don't think we need to reference that it is Percy's special attack.

Quote:

Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take leaving engagement attacks and will take any falling damage.
I just think this wording flows a little better.

Other than that I think he is looking good.

EDIT: Also OT. Will Mac be able to give JC the ability to edit the OP in the display thread?

Confred May 16th, 2015 10:53 PM

Research

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2021728)
Quote:

Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take leaving engagement attacks and will take any falling damage.
I just think this wording flows a little better.

On the phone so it's more difficult for me to research via the Books, but I'm not confident your preferred wording is official. I vaguely remember looking it up for Captain Jack's Parley.

Dysole May 16th, 2015 11:41 PM

Here We Are

Shurrak's Knockback has this wording.

When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed by a normal or special attack from Shurrak, immediately roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may Knockback the figure by placing it on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Shurrak. The space must be on the same level or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Knockback never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Knockback can take any falling damage that may apply.

It's where I've been pulling a lot of my inspiration for the Hydrokinesis Special Attack.

~Dysole, giving you something

McHotcakes May 16th, 2015 11:45 PM

Re: Research

Edit: Ninja'd!

Just go with what Dysole said

Confred May 17th, 2015 12:43 AM

Re: Here We Are

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2021783)
Shurrak's Knockback has this wording.

When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed by a normal or special attack from Shurrak, immediately roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may Knockback the figure by placing it on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Shurrak. The space must be on the same level or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Knockback never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Knockback can take any falling damage that may apply.

It's where I've been pulling a lot of my inspiration for the Hydrokinesis Special Attack.

~Dysole, giving you something

After reading Shurrak: A figure moved by Hydrokinesis never takes any leaving engagement attacks and can take any falling damage that may apply.
(Still on the phone, maybe tomorrow I'll type up a (v4) based on Shurrak.

TREX May 18th, 2015 10:27 AM

Do we have a consensus on point cost, and wording for Percy Jackson? I think we should have everybody throw in the final thoughts on this guy, get a version of the card produced from those thoughts, and take a vote.( I myself am happy with the card with all of your modifications, I was only concerned with the point value.)

McHotcakes May 18th, 2015 01:04 PM

How about
Quote:

Hydrokinesis Special Attack
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, you may place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack never take any leaving engagement attacks. A non?-flying figure moved lower by Hydrokinesis can receive any falling damage that may apply.
Do we want flying figures affected by falling damage? I have no problem thinking the water hit them so hard they had trouble avoiding the ground.

How do we feel about the name for Camp Half-Blood Training? I know that some of you thought that dropping camp from the name would clean up the card a little. If we take a vote on it then I would say drop the Camp from the name of the power.

Also for points I think 240 is definitely in the right ballpark, but I have a feeling it might be a tinsy bit too much. I haven't had a chance to playtest Percy though so I could be wrong on that.

Confred May 18th, 2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2021990)
1) Do we want flying figures affected by falling damage? I have no problem thinking the water hit them so hard they had trouble avoiding the ground.

2) How do we feel about the name for Camp Half-Blood Training? I know that some of you thought that dropping camp from the name would clean up the card a little. If we take a vote on it then I would say drop the Camp from the name of the power.

3) Also for points I think 240 is definitely in the right ballpark, but I have a feeling it might be a tinsy bit too much. I haven't had a chance to playtest Percy though so I could be wrong on that.

1) Yes. We save card space by keeping the restrictions trim and it can be argued that water makes wings soggy etc etc

2) I'm fine for it because it sounds like a proper noun; ps: what was the official name of the camp that they trained at? would that be better?

3) After seeing Shurrak, his points do seem a little high. But with his regeneration, I'd rather err towards more costly than too cheap.

SON OF POSEIDON
After looking at Shurrak some more, Shurrak's Lava Resistant special power reads "...and he does not have to stop on molten lava spaces."
Thus I think we can save some words on Percy Jackson's Army Card: "Percy Jackson does not have to stop on water spaces."

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK
Using Shurrak's Knockback as a template, here are some rewordings:

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v4) {Shurrak}
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the Range and Attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson. A figure moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks. Any figure moved lower by Hydrokinesis Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.
-

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v4.2) {Shurrak} {No 20-sided}
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the Range and Attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, you may immediately place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson. A figure moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks. Any figure moved lower by Hydrokinesis Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.
-
HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v4.2.2) {Shurrak} {No 20-sided} {Condensed}
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the Range and Attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, you may immediately place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson. A figure moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks and can receive any falling damage that may apply.